We're having 160 people over today for a party...wish me luck!

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well, it's here. The day of reckoning. I've been hammering away at my honey do list for weeks in anticipation of the big day. Luckily, the chance of rain is minimal.

The new beds are established and mulched. The plants are in the ground. The yard is a dark, deep green and striped to perfection. The tables and chairs are ready to be set. The bounce houses are ready to be inflated. Cornhole is in place. Fire pit is ready, wood is dry. Food is prepared, and more is on the way.

We are celebrating our marraige (after 9 years of courtship) as well as our youngest son's 1st bday and oldest son's 4th bday.

It should be a day to remember!

Have a wonderful celebration. You have lots of good reasons to have 160 people over for a party. Have a great time.

When I first starting reading your thread, I thought it was about the old house you renovated. The TV show 'This Old House' throws a party after finishing a job.:LOL:

Hope you enjoy your anniversary party.:) I wouldn't know 160 people to invite.:blink:

Last edited:
We are celebrating our marraige (after 9 years of courtship) as well as our youngest son's 1st bday and oldest son's 4th bday.

It should be a day to remember!
Best of luck, make sure someone takes lots of good pictures, you'll want to remember this event...

Congratulations and happy birthday to your sons.

As far as having 160 people over today for a party, better you than me! :LOL: Each to his own. I hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Congratulations and getting married and on your son's birthdays. I bet you know how to throw a party!

My invitation must have been lost in the mail. Oh well, have fun anyway and congrats.

Well, it started off great at our 3pm 'kickoff'. By 5 we had 75 people and abundant sunshine....food was being grilled, volley ball and cornhole games underway...

Then....the rain came. it was a light drizzle, but enough for us to have to put away all of the cloth cushioned folding chairs...we set up about 30 in our garage....the older folks sat there while the rest of us huddled under a HUUUGE maple tree....luckily it towers over the area we used for the food table and grill....it kept everyone very dry....

After about 2 hours of rain, and some very interesting bounce house fun in the rain....the sun came back and stayed out until the party was done. We were out until 3am playing games and enjoying a fire

I'd guess that only 100 people showed up...which resulted in plenty of leftover food. I think we fired up the grill 2 or 3 times during the late niught/early morning hours for all of us who were a bit tipsy....it was a great time

thanks for all the words of encouragement!

Sounds like my kinda of party, and bet those bouncy castles were fun after midnight (joking).

Are we all invited next year?

Well, it started off great at our 3pm 'kickoff'. By 5 we had 75 people and abundant sunshine....food was being grilled, volley ball and cornhole games underway...

Then....the rain came. it was a light drizzle, but enough for us to have to put away all of the cloth cushioned folding chairs...we set up about 30 in our garage....the older folks sat there while the rest of us huddled under a HUUUGE maple tree....luckily it towers over the area we used for the food table and grill....it kept everyone very dry....

After about 2 hours of rain, and some very interesting bounce house fun in the rain....the sun came back and stayed out until the party was done. We were out until 3am playing games and enjoying a fire

I'd guess that only 100 people showed up...which resulted in plenty of leftover food. I think we fired up the grill 2 or 3 times during the late niught/early morning hours for all of us who were a bit tipsy....it was a great time

thanks for all the words of encouragement!

Don't worry HFWR, it isn't the same one as in Office Space. <grin>

I had a hard time keeping a straight face when I was at a party out in Ohio and some matron came up to me and said "You wanna play cornhole?"

"Sure Honey, but I normally prefer regular."

Ha

I had a hard time keeping a straight face when I was at a party out in Ohio and some matron came up to me and said "You wanna play cornhole?"

Ha

What's a gentleman to do but comply... :LOL:

Ha

:LOL::whistle::cool:

Sounds like my kinda of party, and bet those bouncy castles were fun after midnight (joking).

Are we all invited next year?

actually,we gave the jumpers a good workout at about 1:30am!!

Ha
OK, with a lead-in like that, I had to look this one up.
What is Corn Toss, Cornhole, Bean Bag and Bean Toss?
Something about "scoring can be swift"...:cool:...and "no metal or pointed objects". :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom