What are you looking to buy on Amazon Prime Days?

We made some orders just after midnight and had deliveries the next day of some of the goodies. I remain impressed by Amazon (though my head is stuck in the days when one would mail an order form off to Chicago and 6 to 8 weeks later you might get your magic decoder ring or the amazing X-ray glasses).

Ordered the Kindle Oasis yesterday morning. It arrived today a little after noon! Nice job, Amazon!

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra. I was thinking about buying one anyway, and they're $1300 at T-Mobile, and unlocked usually costs more. But after my 5% cash back it will be just a hair over $1K. Considering how much I use my phone, I consider it money well spent, especially since it should last me 3-4 years (my current phone will be 4 next month).

Ordered from Amazon on Tuesday it took 3 days and 4 different cities to get from WI to IN. Now it just has to get to Fl. We'll see how long and how many cities that will take.

Cheers1

Nothing was on sale that I wanted. Oh well! I guess I'm pretty lucky that I don't want much these days.

With just a couple days to go until Prime Days, I'm trying to think of all the things I need/want that can't wait until Black Friday.

The only thing at the moment on my list, since I do all the cooking in the house and it's been well over 10 years since we've replaced any pots/pans, I'm looking for a new set. I've got my eye on a couple of the Rachael Ray sets and hoping they see a nice discount. I bought the oblong spaghetti pot from the line years ago - I love it, and it's still got a lot of life left in it. As for the remainder of the pots and pans, they'll be hitting the trash bin the moment the new ones arrive.

What's on your list?

Absolutely NOTHING, but YMMV.

I saw a post somewhere in these forums, telling of a deal, whereby if you add at least $40 to your gift card balance during Prime Days, an extra $10 value would be added to that balance. As a result, I added $40 to my balance. An extra $10 was "gifted" me, but not in a very straightforward manner. As far as I can make out, there are certain items which, if I add them to my cart and then checkout, $10 will be deducted as part of the checkout process. It appears on the right hand side of the screen, marked as "GC Prime Day Credit".

The problem I'm having is that this credit is only applied to certain items. There doesn't appear to be any way to tell in advance which items it will be applied to. I called customer service, and the agent gave a broad, evasive answer.

In other words, as far as I can tell, I just have to carry on shopping as normal on Amazon, and hope that the GC Prime Day Credit is applied to one of my items before it expires at the end of November. Unless there is a way to identify which items the discount applies to, this comes across as a particularly sneaky way to do business. Currently, the only item I have found which qualifies for the credit, is a tube of rearview mirror windshield adhesive. If my rearview mirror falls off before the end of November, this will be useful. Otherwise...........

I saw a post somewhere in these forums, telling of a deal, whereby if you add at least $40 to your gift card balance during Prime Days, an extra $10 value would be added to that balance. As a result, I added $40 to my balance. An extra $10 was "gifted" me, but not in a very straightforward manner. As far as I can make out, there are certain items which, if I add them to my cart and then checkout, $10 will be deducted as part of the checkout process. It appears on the right hand side of the screen, marked as "GC Prime Day Credit".

The problem I'm having is that this credit is only applied to certain items. There doesn't appear to be any way to tell in advance which items it will be applied to. I called customer service, and the agent gave a broad, evasive answer.

In other words, as far as I can tell, I just have to carry on shopping as normal on Amazon, and hope that the GC Prime Day Credit is applied to one of my items before it expires at the end of November. Unless there is a way to identify which items the discount applies to, this comes across as a particularly sneaky way to do business. Currently, the only item I have found which qualifies for the credit, is a tube of rearview mirror windshield adhesive. If my rearview mirror falls off before the end of November, this will be useful. Otherwise...........

According to the email they sent out when the credit was applied, it's for items that are "Sold by Amazon". Look for the seller label below the Add to Cart / Buy Now buttons on the product pages.

According to the email they sent out when the credit was applied, it's for items that are "Sold by Amazon". Look for the seller label below the Add to Cart / Buy Now buttons on the product pages.

Thank you cathy63. I did receive the email from them, but accidentally deleted it, and was unable to retrieve it after the fact.

This is helpful information!

A mouthwash and 5 pairs of wool socks.

Back
Top Bottom