What are you looking to buy on Amazon Prime Days?

njhowie

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
With just a couple days to go until Prime Days, I'm trying to think of all the things I need/want that can't wait until Black Friday.

The only thing at the moment on my list, since I do all the cooking in the house and it's been well over 10 years since we've replaced any pots/pans, I'm looking for a new set. I've got my eye on a couple of the Rachael Ray sets and hoping they see a nice discount. I bought the oblong spaghetti pot from the line years ago - I love it, and it's still got a lot of life left in it. As for the remainder of the pots and pans, they'll be hitting the trash bin the moment the new ones arrive.

What's on your list?

Couldn't you donate the old stuff to Goodwill or some place like that? Seems a waste for them to go to the landfill.

I'll probably watch for things on my wish list to go on sale, but usually things catch my eye that I hadn't thought of. Sometimes that's a mistake because it's something I don't wind up using much of, but I've also had some finds that really paid off. I can't think of anything I'm just looking to pounce on.

... What's on your list?
Truthfully, probably nothing. If I happen to be looking for an item and it turns out being on their sale, I will be a happy guy. But I never browse internet sale advertising. We have too much stuff already.

What's on your list?

An affordable private jet.

But I think "affordable" and "private jet" are mutually exclusive terms. Those are more in the category of "If you have to ask you can't afford it".

Truthfully, probably nothing. If I happen to be looking for an item and it turns out being on their sale, I will be a happy guy. But I never browse internet sale advertising. We have too much stuff already.
Yeah, really that's what I should be doing too, avoiding buying more stuff I don't need.

Couldn't you donate the old stuff to Goodwill or some place like that? Seems a waste for them to go to the landfill.

I could, but...

1. The coatings on the insides of the pots are well worn/peeling, probably cancer hazard.

2. To be honest, our local goodwill has become quite picky and refuses as much as they accept these days. We donate regularly, probably 3 or 4 times a year. Our last couple trips weren't worth the effort.

Yes I'm at the same stage. Trying to get rid things I have. Hoping to downsize soon and no room for all the 'deals' we have accumulated over the years.

Normally, when I see something interesting on Amazon that is a want and not a need, and seems at a good price, I add it to my wish list. During Prime Days a few things on the list (or similar items) usually become deals. If so I'll consider buying them.

Normally, when I see something interesting on Amazon that is a want and not a need, and seems at a good price, I add it to my wish list. During Prime Days a few things on the list (or similar items) usually become deals. If so I'll consider buying them.
Do you know https://camelcamelcamel.com/ ? You can set a target price for the Amazon item of your heart's desire and they will email you if/when it is hit. I try to buy "Amazon Warehouse" items, which appear to be customer returns, because I am a horrible cheapskate. They show up in the price watch as "3rd party used" items, so I set a target price for them too.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/ also shows the price history of the item. It is interesting, maybe even annoying, to see all the pricing games Amazon plays.

When our library closed in March I started using my son’s old Kindle. It took me a while to fully embrace it but I learned to love it. His was an older one with a keyboard, maybe 2010.

My DIL saw I was using that one and said she had a newer one I could have. It was only slightly newer (and Chinese!) but it had the page turning by touch so she de-Chinesed it for me and I’ve been enjoying that one.

Now I have my eye on an Oasis! I sent the old keyboard one to Amazon for their trade in program and I have a 20% off coupon sitting in my account for the Oasis. So I’m hoping it’s a Prime Day goody with a good price.

If not, I’m buying it anyway.

Do you know https://camelcamelcamel.com/ ? You can set a target price for the Amazon item of your heart's desire and they will email you if/when it is hit. I try to buy "Amazon Warehouse" items, which appear to be customer returns, because I am a horrible cheapskate. They show up in the price watch as "3rd party used" items, so I set a target price for them too.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/ also shows the price history of the item. It is interesting, maybe even annoying, to see all the pricing games Amazon plays.

It is one big pricing game of supply and demand. I know a few people that sell items on Amazon and they have to check what competitors have available and sell for several times a day. Prices get adjusted all the time. I had never heard of the site U mentioned, but I can see how it would be handy.

With just a couple days to go until Prime Days, I'm trying to think of all the things I need/want that can't wait until Black Friday.

The only thing at the moment on my list, since I do all the cooking in the house and it's been well over 10 years since we've replaced any pots/pans, I'm looking for a new set. I've got my eye on a couple of the Rachael Ray sets and hoping they see a nice discount. I bought the oblong spaghetti pot from the line years ago - I love it, and it's still got a lot of life left in it. As for the remainder of the pots and pans, they'll be hitting the trash bin the moment the new ones arrive.

What's on your list?

We just replaced our Revereware with mid line Cuisnart, and are very impressed with the quality vs. price.

I'm looking for a wheelchair for my wife as she's got to be off her feet 2-3 months after major foot reconstruction.

We just replaced our Revereware with mid line Cuisnart, and are very impressed with the quality vs. price.

Appreciate the recommendation - will check it out. Will add to cart with Rachael Ray to easily watch the prices over the coming days.

Nothing.

[VENT]
I order a lot from Amazon and Amazon Prime. I have been ordering from them several times a month for years with no problems at all before the pandemic. Since the pandemic, instead of their previous flawless service, over half my deliveries have either

(1) been late by more than a week,
(2) contained the wrong item, or
(3) contained the item but it is broken and non-functional.

This seems to be getting worse. I make a point of not ordering directly from third party sellers, to avoid problems, and all of these were to be shipped from Amazon even if originally provided by third party sellers.

I have another order out, right now. I ordered Quaker (regular) oatmeal, Splenda, and as a last thought three cans of Swanson chicken breast in water. All are due to arrive on Tuesday. They shipped the canned chicken breast all by itself, and have not yet shipped the other two items. Both the Splenda and the Quaker oatmeal still say on their webpage that they are in stock. Perhaps they will eventually ship them, but in my experience this is typical of what they do when they have no intention of shipping something.

This is the SECOND time I have ordered Quaker oatmeal. The first time was less than three weeks ago, and that time the entire package containing four different items was shipped, but then simply vanished en route, before it ever got to Louisiana. It took a couple of weeks before Amazon and I gave up on it ever arriving and I got my refund.

I am not thrilled about Amazon Prime Day, and that they are looking for more business when they are unable to even deliver such a large proportion of what I normally order. They appear to be completely unable to handle the business they already have.

I did get my new laptop computer promptly and it is exactly what I ordered and it works. But that was really the exception rather than the rule, for my deliveries since March.

Anyway, despite that one good experience, Jeff Bezos had better shape up or ship out, as the saying goes! I'm fed up. :mad: [/VENT]

Edited to add: I know! Maybe I could order oatmeal for Amazon Prime Day! :ROFLMAO: :2funny:

I'm looking for a wheelchair for my wife as she's got to be off her feet 2-3 months after major foot reconstruction.

I am so sorry to read this! I can SO relate to how awful it must feel for you two, to be shopping for wheelchairs.

Before my TKR (total knee replacement) surgery 14 months ago, I was looking at the wheelchairs on Amazon. At that time, even with a walker my capability to walk was not good and rapidly decreasing so it seemed I had no choice. Actually that online search for a good wheelchair was what got F to push me to see yet another surgeon about my knee. Luckily I found the right surgeon (at last!) and the surgeon did the replacement ASAP. So, I never had to buy a wheelchair, and now I don't even need a walker, cane, or any other assistive device at all.

I am seriously considering making the jump to a LG OLED 65. Kinda torn waiting for Prime Day or grabbing a 10% off coupon for using the AMZ CC. Prices the same as Costco but Costco includes the Square Deal warranty but I have to buy at the warehouse since online does not currently have the 65.
Does anyone consider AMZ equal to Costco for TVs? Returns to Costco are so so much easier

Does anyone consider AMZ equal to Costco for TVs? Returns to Costco are so so much easier

We've purchased three TVs from Amazon over the years and have been extremely happy with the prices and the quality - never had a reason to return any. We did just purchase another TV a few weeks ago, but did it at the local Target - they had the LG we wanted in stock and offered price matching up to 14 days after purchase with Amazon, Best Buy and a few others. I had also read reviews on Amazon and Target that the model we were purchasing has a frequent tendency to have the screen crack/shatter during delivery, so I wanted to be able to pick it up in person and be able to return quickly if there were any issues. About a week after purchase, Target lowered their own price by $20, so a quick trip over netted me $20 + tax back.

Does Costco offer price matching with Amazon or others, or against their own price if it goes down after purchase?

Thanks. I have heard of it and looked at it before. I have not used it due to my own laziness. My idea of a good price is not set in stone, it changes based on my mood and circumstances. For example, after this past good week for my assets, I might think "hey, why not by that widget for $12.99, I'm in the money!" But, if my assets do not have a good week, I might think "no way am I spending $12.99 on that widget, unless I can get it for 50% off!" :)

Completely illogical. I should use the camelcamelcamel site more. Just need to be less lazy about it...

I am seriously considering making the jump to a LG OLED 65. Kinda torn waiting for Prime Day or grabbing a 10% off coupon for using the AMZ CC. Prices the same as Costco but Costco includes the Square Deal warranty but I have to buy at the warehouse since online does not currently have the 65.
I walked into Costco the other day and saw an 75" LG (not OLED) for under $1000, and got a case of weak knees. But I've got working big screens in my living room and man cave so I resisted. I've been laughed at here for keeping a DLP but it still looks really nice to me. I'm sure OLED is better but not enough difference to me to upgrade.

I would definitely choose Costco over Amazon for the better warranty and easier returns but I wouldn't pay a whole lot more.

I walked into Costco the other day and saw an 75" LG (not OLED) for under $1000, and got a case of weak knees. But I've got working big screens in my living room and man cave so I resisted. I've been laughed at here for keeping a DLP but it still looks really nice to me. I'm sure OLED is better but not enough difference to me to upgrade.

I would definitely choose Costco over Amazon for the better warranty and easier returns but I wouldn't pay a whole lot more.
We replaced our old Samsung DLP TV a few years ago when it started to show signs of "white spot disease" with a new 75" Samsung LED TV that we love. For their time, the DLPs were a superb combination of great large screen picture with affordability.

Edited to add: I know! Maybe I could order oatmeal for Amazon Prime Day! :ROFLMAO: :2funny:
I was wrong! How embarrassing. My oatmeal, Splenda, and chicken breast are all Out For Delivery today, a day early, so my long venting post was incorrect. Amazon is back in my good graces. Time to check and see when Amazon Prime Day is, and what I can find to purchase on that day.

I was wrong! How embarrassing. My oatmeal, Splenda, and chicken breast are all Out For Delivery today, a day early, so my long venting post was incorrect. Amazon is back in my good graces. Time to check and see when Amazon Prime Day is, and what I can find to purchase on that day.

Tomorrow! (the 13th). Starts right at midnight.

Reactions: W2R
Tomorrow! (the 13th). Starts right at midnight.

Midnight in what time zone? We were talking about staying up to place our order on the stroke of, but if it is midnight east coast time staying up till 9PM Pacific time would be much easier! Anyone know what time zone Amazon uses for its midnight kickoff?

Midnight in what time zone? We were talking about staying up to place our order on the stroke of, but if it is midnight east coast time staying up till 9PM Pacific time would be much easier! Anyone know what time zone Amazon uses for its midnight kickoff?
Amazon home page says midnight PT.

Back
Top Bottom