What Countries Would Have Us As Permanent Guests?

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Now that the kids are almost on their own - we want to leave the US and take up life elsewhere - Its kind of wide open at this point. We wouldn't have to work. Are there countries that are easy going about us just living there and would be happy to have us as permanent guests? :)

Re: What Countries Would Be Happy To Have Us As Permanent Guests?

If you have a pension or ss then Panama would love to have you. They even offer discounts at several places (flights, doctor visits, etc.). Do a search for "Panama Pensionado visa" for more info.

Arif said:
If you have a pension or ss then Panama would love to have you. They even offer discounts at several places (flights, doctor visits, etc.). Do a search for "Panama Pensionado visa" for more info.
Thanks Arif.

I'm pretty sure Belize has much the same deal.

brewer12345 said:
I'm pretty sure Belize has much the same deal.
Thanks Brew - I just got my map out. :D

Belize Perm Res - Need Income of $2000 a month

and an English speaking country.

Panama - Perm Res - $600 a month

Brewer, ever dream of the Rasta/dreadlocks lifestyle? Hair bleached blond by sun/salt water. Ganja rolled the size of sausages.

On topic, the Aussies really like Americans and about $400k invested there will get you a 1 year, then a 4-5 year and then permanent. Maroochydore here I come.

OldAgePensioner said:
Brewer, ever dream of the Rasta/dreadlocks lifestyle?   Hair bleached blond by sun/salt water.   Ganja rolled the size of sausages.

Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't mix with toddlers too well.

Yeah, it's hard to keep those toddlers lit... :p

Oh DanTien, I would like to be elsewhere too!

Does Panama have any restrictions about taking dogs along?

shiny said:
Oh DanTien, I would like to be elsewhere too!

Does Panama have any restrictions about taking dogs along?
Apparently everyone is welcome! :D
img_369209_0_06b09c8b877033032648998015fe2758.jpg

Here's a website I found that helps make it happen.
http://www.movetopanama.com/pets.html

Pretty straight forward bringing a pet here. Didn't even have to quarentine our dog.

Heather said:
Yeah, it's hard to keep those toddlers lit... :p
Dangnabbit I was ready with that one...that'll teach me to go do something life-like for a while... :(

U could try Texas!  :eek:

rs0460a said:
U could try Texas!  :eek:

Yeah, but most of us don't want to live in a real third world hell-hole. :LOL:

brewer12345 said:
Yeah, but most of us don't want to live in a real third world hell-hole. :LOL:

OK, mister New Joisey, I'm going to have to take you to task for that one. Absolutely untrue. Our third-worldiness is totally unreal. ;)

DanTien said:
Now that the kids are almost on their own - we want to leave the US and take up life elsewhere - Its kind of wide open at this point. We wouldn't have to work. Are there countries that are easy going about us just living there and would be happy to have us as permanent guests?  :)

Dan: Congratulations for having a wife that is willing to do that. My wife would never consider moving more than a 4 hour drive from our kids ;)

I'm sure there are plenty of places where you have access to year around golf, and fly streams nearby, that would be less expensive than where we're at. (My only requirement for contentment). ;) My wife's a different story.

Sounds like the world is your "oyster", enjoy!

Jarhead* said:
Dan: Congratulations for having a wife that is willing to do that. My wife would never consider moving more than a 4 hour drive from our kids ;)

I'm sure there are plenty of places where you have access to year around golf, and fly streams nearby, that would be less expensive than where we're at. (My only requirement for contentment). ;) My wife's a different story.

Sounds like the world is your "oyster", enjoy!
Thanks Jarhead.
My concern is moving someplace and having enough to do. Wife and I like to travel and experience people and different cultures...she also has to have museums available ( when I'm in one I always feel that I would like to rent a motorized wheelchair with a lazy boy recliner massage built in :D)...

Brewer, you live in NJ? Which exit?

Cute n' Fuzzy Bunny said:
Brewer, you live in NJ?  Which exit?

Heheh, you know the code!

REWahoo! said:
OK, mister New Joisey, I'm going to have to take you to task for that one.
You Texans are going to have to get over this psychotic territorial obsession.

Either Brewer just did you a tremendous favor by discouraging the other 2000 posters on this board from moving to Texas with all their families & friends,

or,

you really love the state and can't help bragging about it to everyone.

We're gonna have to ask Ol' Rancher to pay you a little Welcome Wagon visit...

Nords said:

Either Brewer just did you a tremendous favor by discouraging the other 2000 posters on this board from moving to Texas with all their families & friends,

or,

We're gonna have to ask Ol' Rancher to pay you a little Welcome Wagon visit...

Hell, why do you think we only show the visitors the smokestacks and the overcrowded beaches (and Newark)? You think we want more competition for the good stuff?

Nords said:

or,

Nords, kindly re-read my post:

REWahoo! said:
OK, mister New Joisey, I'm going to have to take you to task for that one. Absolutely untrue. Our third-worldiness is totally unreal. ;)

You will note that my " psychotic territorial obsession" or my "bragging" consisted of merely pointing out the innacuracy in brewer's statement that Texas is "a real third world hell-hole".

I live here, you and brewer do not. So when I tell you it is an unreal third world hell-hole, I would think you would defer to someone with first hand experience. :-\

I'm beginning to think CFB may be right about the long-term effect of spending months inside a metal penis... ;)

REWahoo! said:
I live here, you and brewer do not.  So when I tell you it is an unreal third world hell-hole, I would think you would defer to someone with first hand experience. :-\

I the interest of never havong to do so in order to find out, I happily accept your assessment as a resident of TX. Would you please reclaim your idiot? Lost and found is at the White House.

We also like to show people how corrupt our politicians are here in NJ. I can finally say to my sister (who lives in RI) that our politicians are more corrupt than hers (Buddy Ciancey, etc.).

I'm gonna have to stop drinking liquids when I read this board...

... or at least only drink liquids that don't burn going out of my nose.

brewer12345 said:
Would you please reclaim your idiot? Lost and found is at the White House.

We didn't lose him, we helped elect him to Washington...and get him out of the state. ;)

Back
Top Bottom