What did you do while the board was down?

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
It is a given I spend way too much time here. I was forced to find some other way to entertain myself yesterday so...

Going through my deceased FIL's old tools, I found an old Lufkin "Mezurall" tape measure. It's in great shape and I wondered how old it was, so I googled it and this was the first hit:

Popular Mechanics June 1951- Google Books

I spent a couple of hours [-]sucked in[/-] going through the almost 300 pages (!) of the magazine. Closest thing to time travel I've ever done. The articles are priceless and some of the ads are amazing.

Spent most of the time trying to research medical insurance for family.
Need tips and help from all you guys on that. (Started a thread about it)
Looks like things are a GO for me to retire at the end of the year.
I think I have built up the courage to take the leap.
Will be a big jump for me !!!
Steve

PS. Sounds like bbam was having more fun than the rest of us :ROFLMAO:

Started smoking again after 32 years off....:whistle:

I'm not sure, but I think I became pregnant. :rolleyes:

Well well well....should have known better, shouldn´t you, with the dire financial situation and all....:(
By the way, was actually the board down...? Never noticed it...

I suffered from er.org related withdrawals. Headache. Fidgeting. Repeatedly checking the updates to see when it would be back up.

bbbam had a good plan B though. Whoda thunk these forums could be a type of birth control? ;)

I suffered from er.org related withdrawals. Headache. Fidgeting. Repeatedly checking the updates to see when it would be back up.

bbbam had a good plan B though. Whoda thunk these forums could be a type of birth control? ;)

Hankster: BBB is just showing off....Posing as a naughty girl.:D

Hankster: BBB is just showing off....Posing as a naughty girl.:D

You're probably right. (As if that avatar didn't plant enough naughty thoughts in my head :blush:

Ooooo.... I just remembered, Mrs. Hankster gets home from work at noon today>:D

I was so bored that I shampooed all the carpets, something I had been putting off for months. DW thanks the Russian hackers...;)

Checked to site several times til I saw the update about site going down for the night. BTW, having the updates were very helpful.

I went to lunch with Frank, and spent some time with him, oblivious to the fact that the site was down. When I came back, I checked the forum but it was down. I didn't ask Microsoft to diagnose the problem. Instead, I went ahead and checked my bank account and TSP balances, and updated my net worth. Checked the forum again and by that time, the notice was up saying why the website was down (my thanks to whoever put that up!). :flowers:

Then, I played a new game on my Wii for a while, as well as computer solitaire and sudoku on my laptop. Boring! I did a full scan on my computer and read about malware. More solitaire. A little minesweeper. I watched a show about the holocaust on the history channel. I wondered what life would be like without the ER Forum for an extended time - - didn't we all? I am so glad the forum is back. :D

DH say that since folks had so much fun, the board should just schedule outages now.

I was busy. I did notice another of my regular forum sites was down for the same reason. But I have yet other places I go.

And then there are several non-surfing things I do as well.

I was busy! Didn't miss it too much.

Audrey

Began researching mead and braggot. I have not made mead in years and needed to refresh my memory. Will try a braggot, too (cross betwen mead and ale).

I used to buy honey in gallon glass jars from a beekeeper who showed up regularly at the green market in Union Square, NYC. One time I paid him in dollar coins and another time I explained what I was doing with the tons of honey I was buying from him (making mead). Betraying himself as the aging hippy he was, the response to both was the same: "Far out, man!"

We were at an Irish Pub and when we came home . We watched the Office , Thirty rock and it is always Sunny In Philadelphia . We usually don't watch TV but Thursday night is our comedy night so if there is another outage could you schedule it for a Thursday ?

Began researching mead and braggot. I have not made mead in years and needed to refresh my memory. Will try a braggot, too (cross betwen mead and ale)

mmmmm.... mead
Mead has for centuries been renowned as an aphrodisiac

It has been many years since we've been to Lindisfarne but drinking any type of mead is always incredibly nostalgic for me. (I grew up about 40 - 50 miles south of there).

Brewer,
My son's first batch of honey Mead turned out really good.
Got the black and tan brewing now.
Pass on the recipe you decide to do, if you will?
My brewer is thinking about his next project. Seems he has a car boy sitting empty and looking for a fix or was that a mix?
He is really enjoying the hobby,
Steve

PS. I tried warming the mead up. Turns out to be a very nice hot toddy for the body.
I think I like it better warmed up, this time of year, anyway.
I can just see the old Monks brewing it now !!!

I ran out of internet to surf, so I worked (at my j*b).

Brewer,
My son's first batch of honey Mead turned out really good.
Got the black and tan brewing now.
Pass on the recipe you decide to do, if you will?
My brewer is thinking about his next project. Seems he has a car boy sitting empty and looking for a fix or was that a mix?
He is really enjoying the hobby,
Steve

PS. I tried warming the mead up. Turns out to be a very nice hot toddy for the body.
I think I like it better warmed up, this time of year, anyway.
I can just see the old Monks brewing it now !!!

Glad to hear things have worked out well.

In my younger days I would ferment just about anything. Nowadays it has been strictly beer for years. But I have some supplies and honey on order so will post arecipe when I do start up again.

Back
Top Bottom