What Did You Eat Today?

Yor raising Araucanas?

MRG

I had to look that up, but it appears that Aracunas chickens' eggs are blue.

No, I used brown eggs with some chopped spinach and a spoonful of pesto, scrambled. I could have used kale too. Try it; it tastes great!

Sounds good either way, green eggs don't taste different than brown.
The chickens eggs are blue, green, gold, and brown. We used to raise them, when we would give folks eggs they had different reactions.
They were great layers, recall they took longer to start to lay. Guess thats why they are not commonly available.

Best wishes,
MRG

From now on, this is the New Year's Eve meal that we will have: Boneless leg of lamb (2.3 lbs), put kosher salt on it for a few hours, then rinse off, pat dry, and season with garlic and onion powder and KCl. Make about 20 cuts and insert cloves of garlic. Cook on $3 garage sale rotisserie for 1.45 hours. Best roast I've ever eaten.

bhUaHm1.jpg

Mmmm. I've got to try that lamb roast!

I just had a fried egg and grilled sausage with coffee for breakfast and haven't eaten anything else. I'll probably have an apple for supper.

This year I hosted a friend for Christmas dinner. I purchased a stuffed boneless turkey breast from my wonderful local butcher ($37) and roasted it. It turned out perfectly and yielded eight delicious meals with zero waste and no fat, cartilage, etc. No hard work dissecting the bird, and very easy to cook. I now have large quantities of home made frozen cranberry sauce ready for the next turkey!

Black eye peas, ham, collard greens & cornbread. Yum!

breakfast: cream of wheat with a little skim milk

lunch: a big Caesar salad

dinner: chicken breast, brown rice, asparagus

Lobster bisque for lunch (Costco carries a really nice brand) and chile-flavored baked catfish with spinach souffle for dinner. It's good to be retired!

Lunch: Chicken fried steak, green beans, mashed potatoes. Shared some cheesecake.
Dinner: Whopper, crinkle-cut fries & a coke, from Burger King.

I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast today, but I normally do.

Breakfast:
Oatmeal
Coffee

Lunch:
1/2 Grilled chicken sandwich on French bread
water

Dinner:
Chicken soup
apple
water

(Cluck, cluck!) :D

OH NOOOO! WTR is already clucking and I'm eating so many green veggies, my olive skin is going to be more olive...or is that oliver? :D

OH NOOOO! WTR is already clucking and I'm eating so many green veggies, my olive skin is going to be more olive...or is that oliver? :D

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: We may be olive colored and clucking, but who cares, we're going to be so healthy!! :2funny:

I do not know if one can turn green from eating olive, but I knew of a man whose skin turned yellow after his voracious consumption of papaya. This condition, called carotenodermia, is usually observed when 30 mg or more of beta-carotene are consumed in a day. Luckily, it's a benign and reversible condition.

I like to see a photo of a green bbamI!

I do not know if one can turn green from eating olive, but I knew of a man whose skin turned yellow after his voracious consumption of papaya. This condition, called carotenodermia, is usually observed when 30 mg or more of beta-carotene are consumed in a day. Luckily, it's a benign and reversible condition.

I like to see a photo of a green bbamI!
Seems like folks can get an orange tint from eating too many carrots, or so I've heard.

Not long ago I read an article stating it takes more calories to digest/process broccoli than the broccoli has to begin with. Makes me wonder if I would disappear in a cloud of green smoke if I consumed only broccoli for too long....

Here's hoping I don't turn too green...:D

Breakfast: mushroom spinach cheese omelet on small
Lunch: boneless pork ribs with salad
followed by bit more than mile walk to saloon for glass of wine
Supper: home made reubens

Breakfast: Three eggs, fried.

Late lunch/early dinner: Huge salad with 1/3 grilled chicken breast, shredded cheddar cheese, no dressing.

Sounds good...

What kind of peppers and what kind of toppings? Always looking for new things to do with peppers and sausage and hamburger.
BTW: We just tried Stouffer's stuffed peppers, and they were surprisingly good, as well as quick and easy to fix. Had them with a baked potato and a side salad. prof12

I have often made stuffed bell peppers with a mixture of rice and ground beef or pork. I never thought of pizza toppings, but surely why not?

See "borrowed" photo linked off the Web.
ncdots_pizza_peppers_7.JPG

Grilled Salmon and steamed green beans. Along with apple wood smoked olives and cherry tomatoes. Darn grill ran out of gas nearing completion. Ended up microwaving the salmon to finish and lost my crispy skin :(

image-1081511221.jpg

Lunch for breakfast.....Grilled cheese crawfish sandwich, (harvarti) & fruit. Room Service, last day in Louisiana celebrating retiring 7 days ago.
BTW, I'm getting a lot of ideas from this thread, thank you all for sharing.

Last edited:
Just got back from working out at the gym at a near-by army base and after that I headed over to the dining faciity (I still call it the mess hall) and consumed the best $4.65 lunch in town~salad bar, BBQ spareribs, shrimp fried rice, corn on the cob, baked beans, pecan pie, iced tea, milk, fresh fruit (orange and apple to go). I know that seems like a large lunch, but since DW is out of town for a few weeks I eat a big meal @ lunch and something small (salad, sandwich) later on.

On the way home from the gym we stopped for lunch, and I ordered an Italian Creole version of Tomato Basil Chicken (see below, old photo, but same lunch). I allow myself this luxury a couple of times a month, I guess. It is practically saturated with olive oil, of course, so that pretty much destroys any excess WeightWatchers points I might have. I gave the biscuit to Frank and just drank plain ice water with lunch this time, not iced tea as in the photo.

Attachments

• tomato basil chicken.jpg
    tomato basil chicken.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 237
A snack of crackers and cheese before heading off to the gym, late lunch of a salad at Ruby Tuesday's with DW and SIL. Since I pigged out at the salad bar probably skip dinner altogether since I'm not hungry anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom