What discontinued products do you miss?

Candy cigarettes. Pixie stix. Any toy made of cast iron.

Ok, I don't really miss them. But seeing them would make me feel nostalgic.

Strawberry Nehi soft drinks. I loved those after baseball or basketball practice as a kid. Every once in a while I will look for them, but never find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Carnation Breakfast Bars.

Dolly Madison Zingers - I haven't tried the Hostess version, most Hostess products list beef fat as an ingredient and I am a vegetarian.

Oscar de la Renta Ruffles perfume.

Loulou perfume by Cacharel.

Ralston Purina hot cereal. Grew up on it; loved it; haven't seen it for decades. :(

Tasty cake Tandy cakes !

Attachments

• tastykake.jpg
    tastykake.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 222
A real half gallon of ice cream!

New Coke.

Not really. ;)

Telephone Booths.

I'm so tired of listening to other people's cell phone conversations about their medical issues, legal problems and other assorted dramas.

Telephone Booths.

I'm so tired of listening to other people's cell phone conversations about their medical issues, legal problems and other assorted dramas.

The older county courthouse in downtown Los Angeles still has the old wood booths indoors ,on most of the floors. Payphones removed long ago. Great nostalgic look, never seen anyone using one for privacy.

Telephone Booths.

Bluetooth is even worse. You used to be able to assume the people talking to themselves were crazy. Now you can't tell if they're crazy or just rude.

Borden's Dairy Co. American cheese. They used to make a big block (1.5 lb.?) of pre-cut but not individually wrapped cheese slices. The slices were thick, the equivalent of three or four of the wimpy slices now and were real cheese, not "cheese product" (whatever that is). These were great for grilled cheese sandwiches, burgers, homemade mac 'n cheese, etc.

The company still exists but I don't see cheese on their product list.:(

Genny Cream when I could get it fresh. Little Kings before they were bought out and the beer was ruined.

Probably TMI, but KY Intrigue. The FDA ruled that lube was a "medical device" and there were a number of brands that suddenly disappeared because it wasn't worth going through the permitting process. The few remaining bottles appear to be going for $100 a piece (heh)...

Genny Cream when I could get it fresh. Little Kings before they were bought out and the beer was ruined.

.snip.. can't speak to....(but I would)

Genny Cream fresh was one of a few good memories I have of where I grew older at. Little Kings were great too, never understood what happened.

Plain ol' http web sites. Why many use https when there is no reason for the additional overhead is beyond me.

Genny Cream fresh was one of a few good memories I have of where I grew older at. Little Kings were great too, never understood what happened.

The brewery for little kings got sold and the brands were separated from the brewery. Little kings became the cheap crap of the portfolio of the new owner and they changed the recipe to make it as cheap to make as possible. When I make cream ales (every year for summer), Little Kings is what I have in mind.

Buckwheats cereal. I loved this cereal when I was growing up.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

+1. I ate this a lot when I was growing up. When I went away to college in 1981, the dorm cafeteria didn't carry it. Soon, my mom was unable to find it in the stores so I couldn't eat it when I went home for the weekend. I miss that cereal.

Tinlizzy, check out the picture in the lined article!

Buc Wheats Cereal | MrBreakfast.com

Last edited:
I have many fond childhood memories of making milkshakes from a product called "Thick & Frosty", which was available in the 70s. I'd love to take it out of the freezer, scoop some out in a glass, add milk, and stir. Yummy. What products do you miss?

Mr Microphone. " Hey good looking! We will be back to pick you up later!"

Back
Top Bottom