What do you appreciate most in your spouse or SO?

My nickname for my spouse is "snowflake" one in a million. For 38 years she has been my rock. Her frugality is what enabled us to RE. I rrrrrrrrrrrrreallyyyyyy married up.

+1

She loves me more than I love me.

On the outside, I'm a reasonably nice guy most of the time. But I am the only person privy to all my thoughts. Some of those thoughts aren't so nice.>:D

But since I don't act on them, I have her fooled into thinking I'm nice. :angel:

I love her more than I love me. Cause she really is nice.:smitten:

He loved my parents as much as he loved his own.

Last edited:
Over and above the obvious (being beautiful and putting up with me), I love her wide eyed curiosity about the world. She's a 60+ y.o. woman who loves finding odd creatures, lizard mummies or skeletons, collecting shells on the beach, things like that. She makes me stop the car so she can move a turtle out of the road. Or makes me do it, if it's a big old snapper or gopher tortoise. She's the person crazy people come up to in public, and she listens to them, treats them with respect, and doesn't try to run away from them (like I do). She doesn't mind when I get lost driving, which I do a lot, since my method of finding a place is a slowly tightening spiral. She thinks it's an adventure when I take a shortcut that adds an hour to the trip. She's lived her entire life without losing the innocence and curiosity that attracted me to her in the first place. She's very cool.

No drama.

He always has my back. He is a better person than I am.

He is my best friend and takes great care of me plus when I am sick He will run out for Chicken soup .

Just yesterday, a friend asked how DH and I met.

(I was the one who proposed.)

DH is hilarious and kind and has more discernment than anybody i know. (of course, I did not know what the word "discernment" meant when we met.) But, it has proven to be invaluable over the years.

36 years

This is an easy one - the fact that she's put up with me for 48+ years.

Let me also join in. 4 years. I was technically single till age 70.

heh heh heh - :cool:

ok ok so I had the same girlfriend for 29 years before she passed. And then I met this widow 6 years later and then well stuff happens.

Last edited:
He is a good man. He is honest and generous and has personal integrity.

He has loved me unconditionally since we were 17. We are different enough that we each have our strengths and weaknesses and quirks and he lets me be me.

I never thought I'd be so lucky to find someone like him.

I never thought I'd be so lucky to find someone like him.

+1 I met a few women after my late wife died, and thought "Yeah, maybe this could work"...(I was over 60 and had little or no idea what to anticipate)...then I met DW......life now is [-]good[/-] superb.

He's honest, hard working, dedicated to our family, and has the most integrity of anyone I've ever known. And he listens...really listens when we talk.

She was my neighborhood friend and schoolmate from 1944 to 1958, then my bride and only love since.
58 years happily married.

Last edited:
38 years for us. DH is a a total opposite, and a complement to my personality. We make a great team.

Married for 37 years happily. The first one was 26 years but only the first 16 were happy. The second has been 21 years. So far so good! She does not hold grudges. She is very opinionated but I help her temper her passion to avoid making enemies.

She is my soulmate and an angel. We sometimes argue but never go to bed angry.

She is also gorgeous (but so was my first wife) and what I love is her insides.

Met my DH in the summer of 1979. Married him at the age of 19 after knowing him only 2 weeks. Fast forward 38 years. He is the kindest most "diplomatic" person I have ever know. He is funny, always hard working and keeps me foremost in his mind. It was a God thing when we met and I am so blessed he puts up with me. I very opinionated and can sometimes be hard to get along with. Always doing for others, especially for me. Love, love, love this man.

Geez... I have only been married 1 year, but she was my girlfriend for 24 years. Opinionated, stubborn and animal lover to a fault. She will move dead animals from the road as a sign of respect and cry at the thought of someone being cruel to animals.

I held her mother's hand and was there for her 2 sisters, when they passed from cancer.

I say "no" occasionally, but she can generally change it to yes if it's the right thing to do. I love this woman!

He is always kind and sweet. He fell in love with me when I was in a long term relationship with his best friend when we were 18. I fell in love with him the same day. It wasn't until that relationship was over that we had our first date and found out how special that day was for both of us. I remained friends with my ex-boyfriend. One day he called my ex-BF to invite him to a New Year's party. He asked my ex-BF if it was ok to invite me (we were all home from college/medical school at our parents' houses). He politely asked my ex-BF if it was ok with him if I was also invited. I was sitting there in the kitchen visiting with him and his mom. Grinning, my ex-BF, said, "Let me ask her."

Our first date was two days later, right before I had to return to Los Angeles. We never looked back.

I've never felt that forever, it was meant to be, feeling with anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom