Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Re: What do you put in your coffee?
Old 02-04-2007, 12:07 AM   #61
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrinch
Isn't there anyone else out there who doesn't drink coffee?
Have lived my entire life in "coffee-land" up here in the Seattle area. Last December, one of my tenants stuck a $20 Starbucks gift card in with his rent check with a note that said "thanks for being such a nice landlord". I appreciated the thoughtfulness . . . but I don't drink coffee. Finally decided to use the card 2 days ago and got something called a "cinnamon dulce latte" as I thought that probably wouldn't have a strong bitter coffee taste. It wasn't bad. Got over $15 left on the card - think I'll try their "green tea latte" next time.
Toejam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2007, 10:49 PM   #62
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toejam
Have lived my entire life in "coffee-land" up here in the Seattle area. Last December, one of my tenants stuck a $20 Starbucks gift card in with his rent check with a note that said "thanks for being such a nice landlord". I appreciated the thoughtfulness . . . but I don't drink coffee.
Well, there's always the desserts

My coffee; a spoonful of artificial sweetner. If it's really strong, a splash of cream.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:59 PM   #63
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toejam
Have lived my entire life in "coffee-land" up here in the Seattle area. Last December, one of my tenants stuck a $20 Starbucks gift card in with his rent check with a note that said "thanks for being such a nice landlord". I appreciated the thoughtfulness . . . but I don't drink coffee. Finally decided to use the card 2 days ago and got something called a "cinnamon dulce latte" as I thought that probably wouldn't have a strong bitter coffee taste. It wasn't bad. Got over $15 left on the card - think I'll try their "green tea latte" next time.
Do they still serve the Chai Tea Latte at Sbucks? That's what all my non-coffee drinking friends would get.
laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:06 PM   #64
Moderator Emeritus

They used to have hot chocolate but I haven't been a Starbucks in 10 years.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:44 PM   #65
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Last time I went was about 5 years ago. We went in and ordered two cups of coffee, a large milk and a couple of small pastry things. Total came to about $30. After my eyes stopped bugging out, I found the culprit. The $7 cup of milk. I briefly pondered inserting a joke here about breast milk but reconsidered it.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:49 PM   #66
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I'll bite - half coffee - half non-fat milk - cools the coffee down to drink immediately- now if I'm in a really feeling rich mood, I add an awesome cocoa powder drink mix I purchased in Swiztelrand - It's called Caotina - they serve it on the tables at breakfast there and I brought back two big containers of it - one is milk chocolate and the other, my favorite, is Noir Chocolate - heaven! I usually only drink a half a cup of coffee a day because well uhh - people always ask me if I've been drinking coffee when I have more than that I ping easy with coffee caffeine.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:51 PM   #67
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I'm confused... Tai chi or Chai tea? Can't keep track of all this new wave stuff...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:12 PM   #68
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence
Do they still serve the Chai Tea Latte at Sbucks? That's what all my non-coffee drinking friends would get.
Yes, Laurence, they still serve the Chai Tea Latte. I opted for the Cinnamon Dulce Latte first because the barista behind the counter said that it was better than the Chai Tea Latte. Will order it soon, but only after I try the Green Tea Latte first.

Wish I'd bought stock in Starbucks 10 years ago. Who'd have thought the company would have done so well.
Toejam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:09 PM   #69
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Milk (prefer skim, but am not too picky), Splenda (or regular sugar if not available), and either some fig newton-equivalents or iced oatmeal cookies (best when they sit in the coffee for a few minutes and turn into a sweet sludge at the bottom)

MMMmmmmm.....
Old 02-13-2007, 02:30 PM   #70
Full time employment: Posting here.

We buy whole bean Columbian from Gevalia. They are pretty expensive (we have allowed for them in the retirement budget) but we always say after trying something else "Not as good as Gevalia's Columbian." We have been buying from them for over 20 years. I grew up adding heavy cream to coffe but have cut back to half and half. I have been a coffee drinker since about age 10. I have a hard time waking up in the morning so it's never decaffinated for me.

I grind in a blade grinder and pour almost boiling water into a single cup Mellita drip cone.

I think milk ruins the flavor of coffee. It has to have the fat in it to taste "right."

We use milk and honey in tea.

- R. Earth
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote