What is for breakfast

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I have for many years have been eating oatmeal for breakfast.

My recipe is oatmeal, 3 large spoonful of flax malt, raisins, wild blue berry, wild goose berry, wild June berry, now fresh cut up apples from tree, banana, honey and some milk.

I pick a lot of wild berry from the ranch which is fun and health rewarding as well. I freeze many bags full of wild berry and now will store fresh raised apples and use them in the winter months.

What is your breakfast recipe to start the day?

after morning workout, a protein shake with a banana added to it. might have eggs once a week if i get bored with the shake

Bacon and eggs. Or sausage and eggs. Occasionally, Spam and eggs.

I have a glass of lemon water to start out. Then I have a bowl of steel cut oats with milk. Then a cup of cafe au lait and cherry jam on toast. If I feel really hungry, I have one egg and one bacon.
I try to eat a big breakfast like the Europeans do, but not the Italian breakfast, but I’ve failed lately.

Last edited:
Usually poached eggs on toast with hot sauce and two cups of coffee.

Usually steel cut oats with blueberries and almond milk

Today mine was a ham, egg, onion, pepper and green chile breakfast burrito at our new favorite restaurant. Yum!

Usually though it is just a protein bar. Not a breakfast person unless it is a serious breakfast.

My recipe is oatmeal, 3 large spoonful of flax malt, raisins, wild blue berry, wild goose berry, wild June berry, now fresh cut up apples from tree, banana, honey and some milk.

Unless you particularly love the taste (or nutritional profile) of flax, you might consider trying chia seeds in your oatmeal instead. Chia is a nutritional powerhouse and, unlike flax, does not need to be ground (i.e. thoroughly chewed) for the body to benefit from its fiber and healthy fats.

My morning breakfast varies and is usually quite small, typically consisting of a cup of dark roast decaf coffee and a piece of buttered toast. Sometimes I'll do oatmeal or occasionally something like a small cinnamon roll with the coffee.

1.Steel cut oats in a instant pot with banana and berries.

2. Bacon and eggs, sometimes with leftover French fries cooked in the bacon grease.

3.McDonald's either a breakfast burrito or an egg mcmuffin. All their other items blow my calories away.

Coffee, and lots of it. Then, a banana, and one other fruit (cantaloupe, orange), oatmeal with cinnamon, butter, and brown sugar, then a hard-baked egg. Top it off with a small glass of moo juice, to enable swallowing of the fish oil horse pills...

coffee and usually toast with cheese, but could be one of the following:
protein bar, egg with bacon or sausage, hot or cold cereal, protein/fruit/veggie shake

Steak or hamburger and coffee with heavy cream. For lunch, Steak or hamburger. For dinner, I switch it up, hamburger or steak. I'm crazy like that.

Either bran cereal with skim milk or non fat Greek yogurt and peanuts. No coffee.
The rest of the day meals sometimes deteriorate.

Most of the time it's Greek yogurt with fruit added and a bagel. Every now and then I'll make tea biscuits.

When I meet people it's usually the breakfast special.

Most days, breakfast consists of non-fat Greek yogurt with some granola and blueberries. Every few days (or if I'm out of yogurt), I make a 2-egg omelet with whatever veggies happen to be in the fridge. One cup of Community coffee and chicory, black.

Steak or hamburger and coffee with heavy cream. For lunch, Steak or hamburger. For dinner, I switch it up, hamburger or steak. I'm crazy like that.
Does your preparation change between meals?

Normal is old fashioned oatmeal with a chopped Granny Smith apple and raisins and lemon juice cooked in. Served in two bowls with walnuts on the bottom and a sliced banana and butter on top. Weekends see a Dutch baby with sliced banana, marmalade, bacon..

Each Sunday I make myself a "quiche" with a Quinoa crust. I use 5 eggs, chopped spinach, fried turkey sausage and a little Swiss & Cheddar cheese. I cut it into 6 slices, and that gives me a quick breakfast each morning that can be nuked in 60 seconds. I have a 1/2 piece of Ezekial bread or a power bagel along with some juice I cut with vitamin water.

Mostly coffee and a small bowl of cereal with low fat milk about 1-2 hours after I wake up. I'm not a morning person. But I like breakfast foods, just not in the am.

Does your preparation change between meals?
I drop two or three vacuum sealed steaks into the sous vide bin in the morning at 130 degrees F. Around 1300, I either sear them in a cast iron or broil them on high for some color. If I do hamburgers, I will throw those on the grill as well. If DW, wants to eat steak or burgers, I make her one. If not (she's not a crazy carnivore like me) then I throw whats leftover into the refer to microwave for later. Occasionally, I will just throw a couple of pounds of ground beef in the skillet and brown it up to set in the refer. If wife wants spaghetti, I take a portion and warm it up in skillet with italian seasonings, bay leaves, tomato paste and water. If she wants tacos, I take a portion of ground beef, throw it in skillet add some salt, pepper, red pepper, cumin, and cilantro. Meal prep and shopping is way easy. I spend more time planning what DW and DS will eat than myself. My little six year old still eats a lot of garbage. Chips, goldfish, muffins, yogurt snacks, cheese snacks, etc. For me, I just buy steaks and ground beef on sale. Get home, vacuum seal and stick in the refer/ freezer. Wake up next day to same routine. No muss, no fuss. When I finally get them both converted to strictly carnivore, we will just be buying meat. Of course, that is challenging.

For me, a cup of coffee or tea. Usually, a banana. That's it until lunch.

Usually saute onions, green pepper, chicken sausage and mushrooms in avocado oil and add spinach at the end and top with two sunnyside up eggs. Sometimes it's two scrambled eggs with the sauteed veggies and goat cheese plus two pieces of bacon. Coffee with a bit of heavy cream. Very occasionally it's berries with full fat Fage Greek yogurt.

Back
Top Bottom