What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Gun cleaning stuff....nice to find everything in one place at a reasonable price. I would never have looked there except someone recommended Amazon to me for it. Like the quick free delivery.

I'm curious now to see how many mm thick is my Discover CC compared to my Amazon Chase CC :LOL:.

F uses his calipers quite a lot, much to my surprise! He has found out all sorts of neat stuff that way.

I had the exact same attitude towards my digital infrared thermometer, which I picked up really cheap on Prime Day. :LOL:

Those are great to point at ceiling vents where air conditioned air enters the room, when it is hot in the house. It helps in figuring out if the air produced by your AC unit is as cool as it should be, or if the AC unit isn't working properly. F has one of those, too, and used it to help convince me that it was time to call the AC guys during a very hot September in 2016 when my house just wasn't as cool as I wanted. It turned out that the AC wasn't producing cool air, and I needed to have my entire AC system replaced.

F uses his calipers quite a lot, much to my surprise! He has found out all sorts of neat stuff that way.

Those are great to point at ceiling vents where air conditioned air enters the room, when it is hot in the house. It helps in figuring out if the air produced by your AC unit is as cool as it should be, or if the AC unit isn't working properly. F has one of those, too, and used it to help convince me that it was time to call the AC guys during a very hot September in 2016 when my house just wasn't as cool as I wanted. It turned out that the AC wasn't producing cool air, and I needed to have my entire AC system replaced.

Calipiers arrived today. Haven't had a chance to open and use yet.

I love my digital infrared thermometer. A big use is when making soup. I use that to read the surface temperature and wait til temp is about 137 degrees F as that's supposedly the ideal temp. Not too hot, not too cold.

A package of 6 small, 30 page, notebook journals for travelers. This time I got the kind that has the little dots printed on the page to help me write straight without the confines of lines.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075NKSBC2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My goal is to fill all 6 up in 2-3 years, despite my current wonky knee which will cost me at least 6 months to heal after surgery.

Those are neat! I love that they have the dots, so you can graph things or draw things more easily if you want to. If you have to stay off your knee for 6 months, you might use them faster than otherwise to keep yourself occupied.

That's exactly one of the things I've used them for the most, checking the temps of air vents and windows. Also, monitoring the temps of coffee and soup. :D

I'm quite happy with the digital caliper I got today. It came with a nice plastic carrying case, plus a spare battery and comes with a 1 yr warranty.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017KUC6XQ

Oh, I really did have something to measure besides the thickness of my credit cards (btw, both Discover and Amazon Chase cards came in about .8 mm).

I used to measure the outer diameter of spaghetti jars as I'm eyeing a new small chamber vacuum sealer and wanted to see if the jars I have would fit. But looks like they won't fit. Without the caliper, my eyes would've been deceived using a ruler or measuring tape. Either I will forget the idea of another chamber sealer or I'm gonna need some smaller jars. Regardless, nice to have the caliper do the quick and dirty measurement.

Attachments

• caliper.JPG
    caliper.JPG
    308.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
As for me, all I ordered from Amazon this week was a box of staples from Prime Pantry. Soup, coffee, paper products, protein bars, peanut butter, canned goods, and so on. Ordered last night, and the box was shipped in an hour and is already in New Orleans with UPS delivery scheduled for Monday.

The older I get, the more I appreciate having heavy boxes of non-perishable items like these delivered to my front door. Much easier on my back and knees. Sometimes I forget how very, very lucky we are to live in these times.

A package of 6 small, 30 page, notebook journals for travelers. This time I got the kind that has the little dots printed on the page to help me write straight without the confines of lines.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075NKSBC2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My goal is to fill all 6 up in 2-3 years, despite my current wonky knee which will cost me at least 6 months to heal after surgery.

I made several templates so I can write/print in straight lines on unlined paper. I took thin cardboard and lined it using a fine point marker. When you put this behind the unlined paper you can usually see the lines through the paper. I use for envelopes too.
Good luck with the journals.

Bought dog food a couple days ago...$3 cheaper than the local supermarket or pet store, and delivered to my door. Today I ordered some home security cameras. Earlier in the week, I ordered scorpion killer/pesticide, and my wife ordered some ribbon. We usually have 4-5 deliveries a week...everything from dog food to gun holsters.

Just ordered a new battery for my smartphone, for $14, to rejuvenate it before I take it on the Europe trip.

This Nexus 5 is considered obsolete by many, but I do not see that I need something newer. Maybe I do not know what I am missing, but ignorance is bliss as they say.

Expansion tank to engine block hose for my BMW coolant system rebuild (which I forgot to order from the online auto parts store :facepalm:):

Amazon can get it here Monday and that's faster than the auto parts supplier. Plus, BMW local parts wants double what I bought it for on Amazon and they would have to ship it in.

51dAH+wiJ5L._SL1024_.jpg

Bought dog food a couple days ago...
Got dog food from Chewy.com today from Fedex. As the open truck pulled 2 doors down towards the group mailboxes, I saw a bunch of Chewy's boxes in the back. I asked the Fedex guy how many Chewy's boxes he had. He said that he usually has 20 to 25 to deliver every single day.

I constantly order from Amazon...I love Amazon. Just ordered a birthday gift and some raspberry jalapeno jelly for me....you dump it on a block of cream cheese and serve with crackers...fantastic!

Technically DW ordered it, not me - a Brother all-in-one wireless B&W laser printer. We already have three printers:

* Brother B&W laser - basic printer that has worked great for 4+ years
* Brother ink jet all-in-one - stopped printing a few years ago and used only to scan
* HP piece of junk inkjet - DW attempts to use this to print photos using ink that costs more per oz than gold. She's never happy with the results and whenever she uses it she lets me know just how unhappy she is.:(

DW finally admitted she can get far better - and less costly - photo prints done at Walgreens, Walmart, etc. so we are junking the two inkjets. I'll continue to use my trusty basic Brother laser and she'll have the new Brother all-in-one laser to scan, copy and print anything other than photos.

I expect life to improve a bit as a result. :)

10 spiles and drop lines and a stainless steel 20L stockpot.

Going to try making Maple Syrup from our own trees this year.

I feel like a Canadian stereotype.... :LOL:

I’ve been waiting for over a year for a price reduction on this: Bose SoundTouch 30 wireless speaker. It had been stuck at $500 for the longest time and didn’t budge over this past holiday season. So I just held on and noticed (finally!) a price cut of $100. Maybe that model is on the way out but I’ve been really happy with the SoundTouch pieces I already own.

One is a Wave SoundTouch IV, which I notice also is currently on sale at a nice reduced price. Mine is currently in the kitchen and used daily but will be moved to the study once this new 30 is delivered.

I’m a Cubs fan and a Bose man!

[ADDED] Bose product page: https://www.bose.com/en_us/products...ss-music-system.html#v=soundtouch_30_ii_black

Last edited:
All kinds of house hold paper products, coffee for the Keurig, cat food, cat treats, dog treats and battery operated motion detector lights.

Thermal mechanic's gloves, disposable gloves, and a set of torx wrenches.

Back
Top Bottom