What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

I just ordered Sugru to repair my frayed Ipad charging cord. It worked!

Did you get the Hoover Lynx? I got that model a few month ago also for my messy cats. The Lynx does a great job on the litter. Have fun :)

Hoover Cyclonic.

heh heh heh - she picked the model. Surprise was how well it did on pet hair.

I just ordered:

a wool hat
ink refills for my ballpoint pen
a set of 3 Moleskine journals
cat food

Awww, moleskin journals...that takes me back. I love those things!
I used to keep a book-style journal for our travels, but having to write blog posts on my phone to transfer to the web made it seem silly to have two sets of commentary. I love re-reading my old notes from past trips, though, and I guess I'll eventually get to the point where online reading will supplant those (and are sure easier to read than my handwriting!).

And I ordered some more of these miraculous waterproof/washable bed pads (I guess they are used for incontinent folks and little kids) to put on my new-ish leather sofa at night. I have a cat or two that seem to want to wait until they are on the furniture to cough up that ill-timed lizard lunch. Gross! But these things are great! Amazon.com: Sofnit 300 Washable Underpad,34x36 in., Pack/4: Health & Personal Care

Awww, moleskin journals...that takes me back. I love those things!
I used to keep a book-style journal for our travels, but having to write blog posts on my phone to transfer to the web made it seem silly to have two sets of commentary. I love re-reading my old notes from past trips, though, and I guess I'll eventually get to the point where online reading will supplant those (and are sure easier to read than my handwriting!).

I went to all-digital journaling for a while, but I have recently regressed to pen and paper. It seems to help me better focus.

I somehow ordered a $99 subscription to Amazon prime, and didn't realize it until the charge appeared on the credit card. They kindly refunded.

Ordered the wife a sports earphone set, the kind that hooks over the ears, and has a volume control. She likes to use her Kindle at work, and this is what she wanted. Ordered it 3 days ago & it showed up today in the mail. Amazon Prime. Cost was $29.95, free 2 day shipping.

Also, last week I ordered a water filter for our Kenmore refrigerator. Took about 3 days to get here, I believe. Amazon Prime, free shipping.

Roof rack for my 2012 Prius, two Kayak racks a bike rack. I was going to buy a folding bike but after contacting the manufacture I got $50 off and free shipping by going direct.

All great purchase and really makes that car functional for all our adventures in the outdoors.

41AiIrlKHxL._SX425_.jpg

Open box special for $57.99, and free shipping.

Just bought a mini speaker. Now, I'm really looking forward to syncing my portable radio to the TV broadcast for the football season: :D

Attachments

• 711yxLubiuL._SL1500_.jpg
    711yxLubiuL._SL1500_.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 23
Mechanical pencils (you can never have too many! and my favorite old one broke) and leads, and an earbud case.

I paid with my Amazon Visa rewards points after subtracting $2 for a coupon. :D

Big spender, here. ;)

Just bought a mini speaker. Now, I'm really looking forward to syncing my portable radio to the TV broadcast for the football season: :D

I came to this thread to post that I bought a portable speaker --- the same one you did ! Incredible sound for a teeny little thing. I use it with my tablet which has some pretty pathetic built in speakers.

I no longer buy from Amazon. The prices aren't competitive and the shipping can be outrageous unless you sign up for Prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Nice!

I came to this thread to post that I bought a portable speaker --- the same one you did ! Incredible sound for a teeny little thing. I use it with my tablet which has some pretty pathetic built in speakers.

That looks like a great little speaker! I was so impressed by the sound as demonstrated in a video review. I love the small size.

I might get one too.

Amazon.com : XBOOM Mini Portable Capsule Speaker with Rechargeable Battery and Enhanced Bass+ Resonator - Green : MP3 Players & Accessories

Edited to add: For $14.99 I couldn't resist! Mine is "out for delivery" and I can hardly wait to try it out. :D

Last edited:
HP ChromeBox, ASUS ChromeBook, Canon Wireless printer/scanner/copier, Wireless Keyboard and mouse

Attachments

• sentry blocker.jpg
    sentry blocker.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 7

I ordered an Amazon Basics lightning to USB cable for my iPhone 5S last week. But, the cable that I already had may be OK; it is conceivable that the problems I was experiencing possibly may have been due to the iOS 8.0 "upgrade" discussed in another thread.

Oh well, I suppose it's smart to have a spare, just in case.

Bought a call blocker (yes, I still have landline :)).
I do, too, although I plan to drop my landline at some point. This looks like a great little device to have. I have been getting at least 2-3 robocalls/day and with elections coming up, it can only get worse.

Last edited:

I ordered an Amazon Basics lightning to USB cable for my iPhone 5S last week. But, the cable that I already had may be OK; it is conceivable that the problems I was experiencing possibly may have been due to the iOS 8.0 "upgrade" discussed in another thread.

Oh well, I suppose it's smart to have a spare, just in case.

I do, too, although I plan to drop my landline at some point. This looks like a great little device to have. I have been getting at least 2-3 robocalls/day and with elections coming up, it can only get worse.

My fingers are crossed that the device is reliable.

I've considered two other similar devices but settled on this one. I was thinking, one may only get a handful of calls from known people and then the rest of the 99% is just robocalls and other telemarketing. So, I like the whitelist approach.

Btw, I have some Amazon Basics HDMI cables for my TV. They work great. :)

Back
Top Bottom