What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Engine room blower to replace the noisy one.

Instant coffee, creamer, and a big kitchen spoon. My old spoon was probably 50 years old and was shot.

Attachments

• spoon.jpg
    spoon.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 176
Grandkids play clothes and school uniforms, another sunshade sailcloth for deck coverings--certainly helps with these very hot days we are having!

Bought a Univerisity of Illinois block logo Tervis brand tumbler. It was $3 less than the same tumbler without any branding! Maybe that says something about the popularity of Illinois athletics. :(

Hours later I brought up to page to show DW my great deal, and they raised the price by $2. Amazon has some interesting dynamic pricing algorithms.

One set of my computer towers is about 5 feet from me, in front and to the side of my work desk. I had a "D'OH!" moment last week - why am I always walking around my desk to plug/unplug USB devices and SD cards? So I ordered from Amazon a 3 port USB 3.0 hub that also has a SD card reader that can sit on my desk, along with a USB 3.0 extender cable to connect it to my main tower. Of course this means less of a workout, so will have to up my walking/gym time :LOL:.

One set of my computer towers is about 5 feet from me, in front and to the side of my work desk. I had a "D'OH!" moment last week - why am I always walking around my desk to plug/unplug USB devices and SD cards? So I ordered from Amazon a 3 port USB 3.0 hub that also has a SD card reader that can sit on my desk, along with a USB 3.0 extender cable to connect it to my main tower. Of course this means less of a workout, so will have to up my walking/gym time :LOL:.

I bought a USB extender a while back, to make a charging spot for my Bluetooth headphones, bluetooth speaker and my fitness watch.

The 2 book style covers should be here today to replace the worn older covers. One for the cell phone and one for the tablet. I'll be "stylin" again. :D

Cheers!

Doesn't anyone do basic arithmetic anymore?

I was looking to buy some 2,4,D weed killer and fall fertilizer on Amazon and noticed this pricing at the bottom of the screen - one bag for $19.48 or a "2-pack" for $43.50.

"I'll take two of the one-packs, please".

It just kind of jumped out at me because I tend to round to the nearest dollar in my head and 43 is more than two times 20. I guess most people don't do that sort of thing and just figure the 2-pack is cheaper. And yes I know that the "nearest dollar" to $19.48 is $19.00 but that wasn't the way it worked in my head. Yeah, I know...:confused:

Attachments

• fertilizer.jpg
    fertilizer.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 12
Oh, that has been one of my pet peeves at the supermarket for years. So many people don't bother to do the simple math to figure out unit price, and the store owner laughs all the way to the bank.

I just ordered a charging block that has a USB-C port to plug into. I just got my first Apple Watch and the cable is USB-C to their wireless charging base. I don’t have any USB-C chargers and the only computer that has one is DW’s, which is obviously not to convenient. There’s also one in my truck, but of course, that wouldn’t be practical. So, even though I have numerous charging blocks (most unused), I had to order another one.

Regarding basic arithmetic, I've noticed that there is no consistent way to display the cost per unit at many stores. So I've seen cents/can of soda next to cents per oz. There is also the "useful" cents/unit - what ever that means. YMMV

Caution tape and hardwood stakes.

No, I am not hunting vampires. :D

I am having a new concrete driveway poured next month, and need some way to alert my personal Amazon driver(s) (and everyone else) to Keep Off!! :LOL:

Last edited:
150 PSI air compressor to replace the failed one on my truck. It provides the air to actuate the exhaust brake, which is really handy when towing.

I have noticed that I am ordering less and less from AMZN because of pricing. As an example, I went to repurchase HVAC filters. Without thought, I clicked "add to cart" and *almost* completed the purchase when I noticed the price...it looked a little high.

So, I dug through previous purchases to see what I had paid a few months ago (which requires about 5 clicks to get to) and realized the current price was significantly higher. I thought maybe it was a 3rd party seller, but it wasn't...Amazon was the seller. A quick search revealed the same filter (packaged in a different quantity) was available at Wal-Mart for $3 cheaper PER FILTER than Amazon! This even included the 5% discount I would get from using the Chase Prime card. I was really floored at the difference.

Something else that is annoying is they often tout "Same Day Delivery" on items and I think of the last 8 or 10 items I selected "same day", only two have shown up that day.

Anyway, I am noticing this more and more and as a result I am buying less and less from Amazon. It's no wonder they are closing so many fulfillment/shipping centers.

My last order were Keto Mojo glucose and ketone test strips, they came as individually packaged strips rather than a small round tube of strips. I don't see the tubes available, at least on Amazon. I have to wonder if the open air tubes caused a degradation of the test strips.
Also bought a 50Ω feedthrough termination and a really neat Digital Display Resistance Decade Box-(1/2Watt). It is well done as far as quality. I made good use of it the fist day I received it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081RJK8WG?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Attachments

• Resisistance Box.jpg
    Resisistance Box.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom