What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Dog clippers so I can put more time between professional grooming.

Had several things in my cart, but ended up cancelling most. Found them cheaper elsewhere.

Did buy a specialty grow light that DH wanted and some silk face masks with filters--black for DH, pink for me (going to a fancy wedding and don't want to wear the disposable ones!)

A lightweight Runcam Thumb camera for R/C airplanes. It weighs 9.8 grams but needs to be connected to an onboard 5v power supply which the airplane has anyway so the only additional weight is a couple of small wires. It's not quite as aerodynamic as the larger Runcam (more frontal area) but it's a lot lighter, and has better resolution and some stabilization built in so overall it'll probably produce better video. We'll see.

Also some grass seed for this fall and maybe next spring.

AM PM Weekly pill organizer and Amazon Eero Mesh WiFi System router 3 pack

Tools so DH can remove the hard drive from our 2015 Macbook Pro for recycling. We always retain the hard drives. Call us paranoid.

3D printing is a great hobby. I think I'd actually consider going back to w*rk if it revolved around 3d printers.
It can be. I only recently got the hang of the PLA profile. Soon will need to learn the tips and tricks to print with ABS.

On 3D model creation part, I am still a rookie. It is difficult to take measurement of something that is not there (something I want to create and print out). So I am using some putty / play doh to create the shape and try to make it on apps like TinkerCAD.

BTW, has anybody gotten an email about PillPack?

Prescription drugs from Amazon venture.

Be interesting how their prices compare to GoodRX.

They said they will sort the pills for you so you know what you're suppose to take daily.

BTW, has anybody gotten an email about PillPack?

Prescription drugs from Amazon venture.

Be interesting how their prices compare to GoodRX.

They said they will sort the pills for you so you know what you're suppose to take daily.

I guess if you take just one pill per day like me, you don't need the service.:D

Tools so DH can remove the hard drive from our 2015 Macbook Pro for recycling. We always retain the hard drives. Call us paranoid.

I have (had) every hard drive I ever owned. Call ME paranoid. About a month ago, I gave them all to my grandson as a learning project and had him take them apart and take the media disk out so I could scrap the drive case and control components. My plan is to take some sandpaper to the disks (or my grinder) before I fully dispose of the disks.

I have (had) every hard drive I ever owned. Call ME paranoid. About a month ago, I gave them all to my grandson as a learning project and had him take them apart and take the media disk out so I could scrap the drive case and control components. My plan is to take some sandpaper to the disks (or my grinder) before I fully dispose of the disks.

Run them over with your car tires. Or, just demagnetize them. They are also good for target practice.

DH has another project!!! Thanks.

Got the DW a new Fitbit for her birthday... 1st one said delivered but never found it...
they send a second one and she got it a few days late.

A few days after Amazon had sent me an email saying I had until 9/26 to change or adjust my "Subscribe and Save" periodic orders, they emailed me saying both orders are "delayed" and they have no idea when they will be delivered. How nice. Too late for me to cancel.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the announcement they made saying they are closing 44 warehouses? :LOL:

https://wolfstreet.com/2022/09/29/a...uses-halting-construction-on-8-office-towers/

Amazon, which booked net losses in Q1 and Q2 totaling nearly $6 billion and whose shares are down 38% from their high in July last year, is undertaking large-scale efforts to cut costs – including commercial real estate costs. It is closing or cancelling 44 warehouses across the US; it’s halting construction on six office towers, and won’t start construction on a seventh. And now it emerges that it plans to close four of its five call centers in the US and switch those customer service representatives to working from home.

Amazon currently operates five call centers in the US. Kennewick, WA; Lexington, KY; Phoenix, AZ; Huntington, WV; and Houston, TX. It plans to close four of them. Either the Houston or the Huntington facility will likely remain open, according to Bloomberg, citing a source.

I'm pretty much done with these guys as I can get the same stuff locally at other stores for the same or less cost.

Amazon increasingly is shifting merchandise that previously was fulfilled by Amazon to 3rd party vendors who always have a delay in prime delivery (sometimes to never) and often send cheap substitutions for the item bought and paid for. My returns have increased. The 3rd parties appear to think they will grab an order and then search for the item. When they don't find it or can't deliver at cost or less, they either leave the order in limbo or try to pull the substitution gig.

Amazon increasingly is shifting merchandise that previously was fulfilled by Amazon to 3rd party vendors who always have a delay in prime delivery (sometimes to never) and often send cheap substitutions for the item bought and paid for. My returns have increased. The 3rd parties appear to think they will grab an order and then search for the item. When they don't find it or can't deliver at cost or less, they either leave the order in limbo or try to pull the substitution gig.

My last order was delivered in a young guy in street clothes driving what looked like a 1990's Honda Civic with no hubcaps and a rusted hood and roof. The car looked like it was just hauled out of the scrap yard. Real professional....:facepalm:

My last order was delivered in a young guy in street clothes driving what looked like a 1990's Honda Civic with no hubcaps and a rusted hood and roof. The car looked like it was just hauled out of the scrap yard. Real professional....:facepalm:

Ah, perhaps you paid extra for the white glove delivery?

My last order was delivered by a woman with two small kids in the back of the van who were fighting and hitting each other with the packages.

That's why it *can* help to make sure that it's FULLFILLED by Amazon. That should reduce the shipping delays...at least some.

A lot of people think that AMZN is too big to fail, but I don't think that's the case. Sears, Kmart, Penny's, AOL...the list goes on and on.

Last edited:

Ah yes, the "last mile" contractors. We had one for Home Depot today. He came blasting up the driveway in a busted up 4 door something looking like he was auditioning for "The Fast and the Furious 82." I went out to investigate and he was leaving our delivery at the garage door. :blush:

I went out to investigate and he was leaving our delivery at the garage door. :blush:

Not that uncommon around here. Last year a UPS driver left the package right up against the garage door and DW drove over it on her way out (couldn't see it from inside the car). Contents smashed. Fortunately, it was a low cost item so we just ordered another one, but you have to wonder what's going through these drivers' minds.

Not that uncommon around here. Last year a UPS driver left the package right up against the garage door and DW drove over it on her way out (couldn't see it from inside the car). Contents smashed. Fortunately, it was a low cost item so we just ordered another one, but you have to wonder what's going through these drivers' minds.

Oh, it was fine where he was delivering it. DW failed to mention the order and of course she wasn't here when he came blasting up. We live in a fairly remote area, so on occasion, thieves will try and raid garages that are open. Since you can't see ours from the street, I thought he might have been up to no good...even with the doors closed.

Oh, and they were paver stones...so don't think they would have been damaged too much if DW ran over 'em. ;)

Worst delivery we have had was a LARGE delivery that was left by FedEx @ the street/mailbox. I was NOT impressed.

Around my area they have their own delivery vans, beige with the Amazon logo.

When they back up, they have a distinctive and loud sound.

They also offer, if you have a myQ connected garage door opener, to leave deliveries inside.

I have one but haven't granted them access.

I order literally thousands of dollars of stuff from Amazon each year. When things go bad, it's really bad, but most of the time it is good. All orders are fulfilled and shipped by Amazon. They ship exclusively by UPS to my address. It is much more convenient than a trip to town. At some point they may refuse to deliver to my address, but until then the convenience is well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom