What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Decided to try some new tool-tech ...

Have used hand tools only most of my life, with a couple of 1/2" pneumatic impact wrenches - but, due to the need to drag out compressor and start it up and pressurize, I would usually just manually remove lug nuts/bolts.

Watched a few reviews of battery powered impact wrenches - ordered a Makita 18V XWT15Z - supposedly 430 ft lbs of removing force. Arrived and OMG - what a difference! Small, lightweight, incredibly powerful - spun 100 ft lb tightened nuts no problem. One reason I chose the Makita was that I have their 18V batteries for drills and drivers.

Few weeks ago order Makita XRW01Z 18V racket wrench - same battery platform. Works very well - put socket on the bolt or nut, break it lose with arm power and then spin the fastener out. Huge time saver. I like the Makita design as it is flatter than most - and, long enough to get down into engine bays.

Was having such fun with these that I ordered a Makita XSH03Z circular saw - whoa! Waaaay lighter than my Milwaukee saw - sure, not as powerful, but way good enough - 6.5" vs 7.24". And, about half the weight. And, no cord!

Now, there is a hitch - batteries are far more expensive than they used to be - but, they are better - and, available in various sizes ... I have old 3Ah batteries that work fine, but if I was doing production work for a living I would certainly get larger batteries for the big tools, and smaller batteries for the ratchet wrench.

batteries are far more expensive than they used to be - but, they are better -

But imagine replacing multiple D batteries all the time. Could get way expensive. Probably not practical either.

How about house siding?... ordered several packs of vinyl siding that looks like cedar shakes for the eve ends of the house. Wife seen it someplace and like the looks of it.
Half the price of Lowe or Home Depot and free delivery.

Prime Day sales, cookery section - an upgraded kitchen scale and two additional sturdy toaster oven trays, to replace the warped and baked grease-covered ones held over from older toaster ovens. Easier to slide bowls in and out of the toaster oven on a tray than individually.

DH ordered me a charger for my laptop - which was quickly delivered (thankfully).

Ordered a MIPS bike helmet (on a lightning deal) to replace my still good but 15+ year old bike helmet, along with a new bike bell to replace a broken one.

Collagen peptides. I'm hoping it'll help maintain the density of various tissues.

Collagen peptides. I'm hoping it'll help maintain the density of various tissues.

Since my doggo has been spitting out her supplements, I have been sneaking my collagen peptides into her food. I really think it helps her. (I am less consistent with myself:blush:.)

Since my doggo has been spitting out her supplements, I have been sneaking my collagen peptides into her food. I really think it helps her. (I am less consistent with myself:blush:.)

You never know, your dog may be doing the same for you!

After 5 months of 11g/day, I'm noticing less summer hair loss. Last few summers I've been shedding like a cat. Not sure I'm noticing any difference in my joints, but time will tell.

I'm also hoping it'll help with my bone density, which measured a little low earlier this year.

Bio thrive fertilizer for DH plants, a set of thermal tumblers, UV filtering cling for the shed windows,

After 5 months of 11g/day, I'm noticing less summer hair loss. Last few summers I've been shedding like a cat. Not sure I'm noticing any difference in my joints, but time will tell.

I'm also hoping it'll help with my bone density, which measured a little low earlier this year.

I also use a glucosamine/ chondroitin / MSM mix for my joints. If - and this is a big if - I am consistent for north of six weeks I can feel a subtle difference.

I have added in K2 / MK7 for bone density - but I have no evidence one way or another whether it has helped me. (I read a while back that Vit K2 was approved in Japan for the treatment of osteoporosis - I don't recall the dosage.) Weight bearing exercises are supposed to help bone density.

I also use a glucosamine/ chondroitin / MSM mix for my joints. If - and this is a big if - I am consistent for north of six weeks I can feel a subtle difference.

I have added in K2 / MK7 for bone density - but I have no evidence one way or another whether it has helped me. (I read a while back that Vit K2 was approved in Japan for the treatment of osteoporosis - I don't recall the dosage.) Weight bearing exercises are supposed to help bone density.

I do take MSM, and started K2 as well. I've been lifting weights since 1985, and have also been a runner, skier, mountain biker and windsurfer—all of which involve various types of impact (both expected and unexpected!). So I was a little surprised when my DEXA scan revealed mild bone loss. Quite possibly, I never attained a good peak bone density in my 20s-30s. I never drank much milk, drank quite a bit of alcohol, and took calcium supplements only sporadically starting in my 50s. I didn't know about bone density peaking that early in life, and never broke a bone in all the spectacular crashes I've had, so I figured I was fine. Glad I asked for that DEXA scan.

In addition to supplements, I've started a daily impact exercise regimen of jumping on a hard floor and also beating my forearms on a carpeted floor. The forearm beating looks pretty silly I guess, like I'm having a tantrum, so I do my impacts at home, not at the gym!

I got video of some idiot making an insane move vs oncoming cars in an uphill pass on me after I hit the brakes and they slotted back into the right lane behind the car in front of me. They were trying to pass us both, from too far back. Good thing I saw them coming in the mirror. Too bad I can't read their plate in the video. WTF is wrong with people? :mad:

Last bought a posture correction thingamajig, a Suzuki T shirt, and suspenders to try with 1 pair of motorcycle pants I have. I learned that belt AND suspenders is a thing and is OK. :LOL:

How often do you order from Amazon?

Are most folks Prime members?

For me the order is at least 3 or 4 times a month. But starting to wonder if it’s worth getting rid of Prime and ordering only when I accumulate $35 worth to get the free shipping.

How often do you order from Amazon?

Are most folks Prime members?

For me the order is at least 3 or 4 times a month. But starting to wonder if it’s worth getting rid of Prime and ordering only when I accumulate $35 worth to get the free shipping.

Have you looked into the Amazon Prime Visa credit card? It has no fees but I think it's only for Prime members. When I use it for Amazon purchases, I get 5% back in rewards that show up right there on Amazon. I can spend this rewards money on later purchases. So this might help you to save a little bit more. It also has other rewards of various percentages for various types of non-Amazon purchases but I forget what they are right now. So far this year I have earned $200 in rewards.

In answer to your question, I order maybe 2-6 times a month, and yes I am a Prime member.

----------------
And, back on topic, I ordered some more non-perishable "hurricane food" (rice-a-roni cups this time), and some personal items that I won't specify on the internet.

Just ordered another dog bed, a chew toy and two stuffy puppies our dogs love.

A game camera. We live on the edge of a canyon, and game frequently comes from it into our yard. I've seen a number of foxes this year, but yesterday I saw something different.

Smaller than a fox, moved faster than any fox and didn't have any white on its tail. Could be a pine marten. It's worth it to see what it out there at night. I saw a male lion 5 years ago, and I'm sure there's plenty more out there.

I order from Amazon when I get a free month of Prime, which is followed by another 1 week for $2.00. Then I go to town on ordering stuff I have been making a list for. That happens about every 3 months. Otherwise, I just order more than $25 to get free shipping. This has worked out well for the last 5 years. I do not need or use any of their lost leader benefits, like Video and Music. All those benefits are available from alternative sources.

Ordered an electric knife to cut my bread with. Tired of mangling it, even with a very nice bread knife I also got from A. Plus a couple of air filters for DW's car, all paid with points. I went to town last month and got two dehumidifiers for the various basement areas. They work so well I wonder why I waited so long. But the electric bill... :eek: I am now limiting the time I run them based on the RH readings I get from my electronic hygrometer (also bought from A).

Back
Top Bottom