What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Today I ordered a pair of Carhartt dungaree-cut black jeans from Amazon. They're $10 cheaper than at Carhartt's online store. I love my old ones, but after losing 71#, they're getting a little bit to baggy! My new ones are 6" smaller around the waist!

On a side note, I was moving some things around in our utility room the other day, and came across some jeans and slacks from 20 years ago that had gotten misplaced. They fit great!!! :dance:

LIFE IS GREAT!!!

Gonna finally replace the microwave turntable motor.

Looks like I gotta go on an Amazon spending spree in December as come 2015 I'll be in a state that Amazon collects sales tax.

Attachments

• microwave turntable motor.jpg
    microwave turntable motor.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 141
Old Dell notebook wasn't closing up freely, did some online troubleshooting and determined hinges sometimes need replacement. Did the usual net searches, and price comparison on Amazon. Found I could buy the display housing with hinges cheaper than the hinges alone - a whopping $8 w/free Prime shipping. Dug a little further and decided, why not; also ordered a faster processor chip for $25 - I think it would have been about a $275 upgrade when we first bought the notebook. Benchmark ratings put the new processor at about 165% of the original, might make the notebook viable for a few more years.

Attachments

• chip.jpg
    chip.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 133
  • hinge.jpg
    hinge.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 2
Just ordered a speed light flash for my camera

You're gonna love that. I ended up buying three of them, thinking about a fourth. Put them on bookshelves and such, bounce the light off the walls/ceiling, and the room is evenly lit. No dark spots, no highlights.

You're gonna love that. I ended up buying three of them, thinking about a fourth. Put them on bookshelves and such, bounce the light off the walls/ceiling, and the room is evenly lit. No dark spots, no highlights.

Thanks for the review! A lot of the reviews on Amazon said the same thing - they went back for more. I gotta shoot a group family shot on the 20th. I'll probably get this one and order more and get those in time

By the way, I just got a deal from AMEX for $15 back on a minimum $15 dollar purchase from Amazon. AMEX card holders should check their cards' available deals.

GBoy, I'm a new AMEX card holder through Costco. Does it depend on who you got your card from which deals you get? When I look at my "deals" there are 18 and most are for companies I don't use or never heard of.

Thanks for the review! A lot of the reviews on Amazon said the same thing - they went back for more. I gotta shoot a group family shot on the 20th. I'll probably get this one and order more and get those in time

I shot these with two speedlights bouncing the light off the walls/ceiling. The room was actually pretty dim but it doesn't look like it was lit with flash. That's what I like about them.

Attachments

• Tater_and_Rosa-1.jpg
    Tater_and_Rosa-1.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 14
  • Tater_and_Rosa-2.jpg
    Tater_and_Rosa-2.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Tater_and_Rosa-4.jpg
    Tater_and_Rosa-4.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Tater_and_Rosa-5.jpg
    Tater_and_Rosa-5.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 14
Wow - that's really nice and bright! I tried to take a 4 generation shot - BIL, MIL, niece and her 2 kids in our living room on Sunday. Even with my 2 construction reflectors, the room was dim and the best I could do was 1/15 sec, F4.5 at ISO 400. 1/15 sec is not good for portraits, but I wanted to keep ISO down. I'll be able to speed up the shutter when I get the speed light(s)

Christmas is coming, Christmas is coming! So I have been getting a few gifts. 10mm Fisheye lens for my son. Some Blurays for various people. A couple of cell phone cases for family phones that are old so stores don't stock cases anymore. Some Boston Bruins gear for my elder DD who is clearly not part of the family! Some decals for some of the family's MacBooks. This online shopping is great!!

Wow - that Black Friday online shopping really caused a delivery snarl! I had UPS delivery exceptions from both Amazon and the Apple store. The reason - "trailer didn't get unloaded"!

Even though we have a whole-house humidifier it doesn't do that great of a job so after reading your post and several other reviews I ordered one too. It should arrive Tuesday.

After seeing this post and researching I bought this too. I did not buy from Amazon. I bought from AllergyBuyers Club because they did not charge tax or shipping. Amazon did and I don't have their credit card or prime account. I could have gotten $70 off if I applied for their credit card but I was not ready to do that.

I'll have to wait until Dec 15th as AllergyBuyers Club had just shipped out the last of their inventory last Monday. I hope this works better than the ones I have had in the past that don't last very long. I like the way this humidifies a room with steam. Thanks you guys for posting about this humidifier!

Warm Mist Humidifiers, Great Selection | AllergyBuyersClub

Even though we have a whole-house humidifier it doesn't do that great of a job so after reading your post and several other reviews I ordered one too. It should arrive Tuesday.

Curious as to why your whole-house didn't do the job for you. I've found them to be fantastic.

I recently had to replace the original (27 yo?) humidistat (micro-switch got intermittent), and I see the newer ones have a control that allows it to turn the blower fan on to increase humidity if the furnace run time isn't sufficient to do the job (might be the case in a milder climate?). They recc running a hot water line to the humidifier in this case.

I've just found the whole-house humidifiers to be superior to the stand-alone units in every way.

-ERD50

Last edited:
Amazon - cheap earmuffs cause winter is here and I still like to wear my Stetson.

And Savoie's Dark Roux - cause they do it way better than me who 'ain't' a patient cook.

heh heh heh - :dance:

Last order was a "Fire stick". I received it yesterday.

Curious as to why your whole-house didn't do the job for you. I've found them to be fantastic.

In the past they have been for me too, but in this house the air-headed furnace installer:mad: placed the furnace and the A/C refrigerant lines in such a way that there was no flat side on the hot air plenum to put the humidifier. The other sides are occupied by a wall, a staircase, and the return air duct. So the humidifier is on the cold air intake, and therefore does not humidify as well as it would if installed properly, on the hot air side.

In the past they have been for me too, but in this house the air-headed furnace installer:mad: placed the furnace and the A/C refrigerant lines in such a way that there was no flat side on the hot air plenum to put the humidifier. The other sides are occupied by a wall, a staircase, and the return air duct. So the humidifier is on the cold air intake, and therefore does not humidify as well as it would if installed properly, on the hot air side.

My humidifier is mounted on the cold side duct.

A 6" round duct runs from the hot side to the humidifier. So the higher pressure on the hot side pushes air through the water soaked elements and into the vacuum of the cold side.

6" actually seems over-kill, and a flat duct could work in a tight place. Or maybe yours just has a fan, rather than depending on the blower pressure differential?

Another thing that increases performance is to feed it hot water (assuming the unit is rated for it).

-ERD50

My humidifier is mounted on the cold side duct.

<snip>

Another thing that increases performance is to feed it hot water (assuming the unit is rated for it).

-ERD50

I'm not sure there is even room for a duct. But it does at least get fed hot water. I doubt that does much since it cools so quickly.

Back
Top Bottom