What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Yay, it works! And the buzzer is reasonably loud but not too loud (highly subjective of course) and it stays buzzing until you unplug it. We did six new eggs bought yesterday and six that are about 3 weeks old.

After cooling in ice water the eggs peeled easily with no discernible difference.

Another first world problem solved.:dance:

I just ordered this one, which came today. Have not unpacked or tried it yet.
According to video's, it tells you to rinse them in cold water right after cooking. I hope it doesn't have to be ice water.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005KIRS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just ordered this one, which came today. Have not unpacked or tried it yet.
According to video's, it tells you to rinse them in cold water right after cooking. I hope it doesn't have to be ice water.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005KIRS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The directions for mine just said cold water but DW wanted to speed up the process. Oh, and crack them over a sink or at least a towel. The directions for all of them have you poke a hole in the blunt end where the air bubble is to let vapor escape. During cool-down that fills with water which of course comes down on your socks if you're standing up and not wearing shoes.

Don't ask how I know....

For you Amazon Prime folks, do you usually go the 2-day delivery or use the no-rush to get the LBYM $1 off on music and movies.

I like the option of choosing and I just ordered a nice bicycle repair stand (figured I'll do the lube myself this year and save the tune-up cost) along with some other bicycle stuff.

Oh, I chose no-rush for my order :)

Attachments

• repair stand.jpg
    repair stand.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 6
For you Amazon Prime folks, do you usually go the 2-day delivery or use the no-rush to get the LBYM $1 off on music and movies.

I like the option of choosing and I just ordered a nice bicycle repair stand (figured I'll do the lube myself this year and save the tune-up cost) along with some other bicycle stuff.

Oh, I chose no-rush for my order :)

It depends on the order. If I don't need it quickly than I'll just take the credit. I'm not even sure how many credits I even have..between the included books, streaming videos and music, I haven't bought anything that would require the credits in quite a while.

Sent from my mobile device so please excuse grammatical errors. :)

It depends on the order. If I don't need it quickly than I'll just take the credit. I'm not even sure how many credits I even have..between the included books, streaming videos and music, I haven't bought anything that would require the credits in quite a while.

Sent from my mobile device so please excuse grammatical errors. :)

The credits do expire though. Probably within 90 days or so as I've ordered stuff not long ago choosing no rush shipping and received emails reminding me use up the credits by March. A dollar here, a dollar there do add up when renting out movies that aren't already included with Amazon Prime :)

Yes, the no rush credits must last only about 90 days. The bicycle repair stand I ordered yesterday with no rush and just got an email saying I have $1 off credit on a movie rental, for example, and the credit expires on April 30.

The funny thing is even under no rush, the delivery for that order is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. Sometime no-rush takes longer, other times, I don't notice a difference than regular 2-day. No complaints here :)

I just ordered 2 containers of Charlie's laundry soap. One for my son and one for me.

Hmmm. I don't recall being offered the "no rush" option very often.
But I will say the 2 day can be considered "loose". I ordered something on a Thursday evening. The 2 day shipping promised it would be delivered by the following Wednesday (and it was). I can't figure out how 4 business days (plus 2 weekend days) = 2 days total.
Ironically, I ordered something later that evening and it was delivered Saturday (so really 2 days).

It doesn't stop me from ordering through Amazon. I'll be putting in an order this afternoon once I find out what color baseball pants/socks/belts younger son's team will use. If they're not grey pants, I definitely need to order.

When checking out, for me, there's a choice of shipping method. Since I'm a Prime member, 2-day shipping is the default. But I just click on a no-rush selection if I want the $1 credits. The $1 credit is per item and not order. So, if I order 5 prime eligible stuff, that's $5 credit if I want them all no-rush.

When checking out, for me, there's a choice of shipping method. Since I'm a Prime member, 2-day shipping is the default. But I just click on a no-rush selection if I want the $1 credits. The $1 credit is per item and not order. So, if I order 5 prime eligible stuff, that's $5 credit if I want them all no-rush.

Hmmm - I ordered 2 things and only got $1 credit!

One of these. DW likes hard boiled eggs but no matter what she does (and she's read up on about every method out there) the egg still sticks to the shell. Sometimes but not others with no discernible pattern.

So I ordered one of these:

It is supposed to arrive tomorrow but may be delayed because of weather. I'll let you know how it works.

Well we did order an egg cooker. A different one.

The Dash Go.

It has a shutoff switch. We tested it - hard boiled and even soft-boiled which was the real test. It did very well on the soft-boiled, which is difficult to do. We'll just add a wee bit more water.

Very pleased as this really simplifies things.
But the main thing is - it's so cute! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I was going to order this last night, but with Mardi Gras and the associated craziness on Tuesday I think I'll wait and order it on Monday. With my Prime membership, I'll probably get it on Wednesday or Thursday and that would be better.

Anyway, although I already do primary backups of my laptop computer on my portable external hard drive, I'm going to use this thumb drive for secondary backups. I used to use my desktop computer for my secondary backups, but recently gave it to Frank since I wasn't using it for anything else.

I'm getting the 64GB one so that I can keep five 12GB backups on it. I was going to get the smaller one but with the "Wheee!!!" factor this weekend, I decided why not just GO for it. :D

Hmmm - I ordered 2 things and only got $1 credit!

Bummer. I must have must looked at the shipping summary where the shipping showed no-rush shipping and just assumed since that is no-rush, there'd be a credit for each item instead of each shipment. Sorry about that.

I guess the way around that is to make separate orders under prime, but that could be a lot of boxes :LOL:

Last night I ordered a Bad Elf 2200 GPS Pro. I think that it might make it easier keeping track of my long walks, hikes, and bike rides.

I use a free app on my smart phone called Runkeeper. I'm not a bike rider but that's one of the activities it tracks. Besides viewing on your phone, you create an account and view on your laptop. Walking/hiking it gives a google map of where you've been, time, distance, elevation, calories. You can link with your friends and link to places like Facebook.

Powdered beet juice. I've read beet juice can assist in avoiding blood pressure increase.

Taste is not too bad....

I use a free app on my smart phone called Runkeeper.

I have Runkeeper on my iPad, but it's too bulky to drag along with me. And I have an iPhone, but it's an old 3GS and isn't much good for anything anymore except for my calendar and notes, and an occasional google search. I'm too darn [-]cheap[/-] frugal to spring for a new iPhone.

Last night I ordered a Bad Elf 2200 GPS Pro. I think that it might make it easier keeping track of my long walks, hikes, and bike rides.
That's what I have. I've used it for a year and I really enjoy it. It doesn't tell you much while you're on the walk or run or bike ride. But all the info and a nice map is available when you sync it to your iPad by bluetooth and it's super easy. The battery lasts pretty long too unless you use it all day. I seem to only need to charge it every couple of weeks, but I don't use it daily either.

I wish it were just a wee bit lighter, but overall I'm really happy with it. If I'm wearing a shirt with a pocket I don't notice the weight. But I don't like it to dangle free from my neck.

Last edited:
And I have an iPhone, but it's an old 3GS and isn't much good for anything anymore except for my calendar and notes, and an occasional google search.

Same with my phone. It's a only good for making phone calls, what a waste!😏

I have Runkeeper on my iPad, but it's too bulky to drag along with me. And I have an iPhone, but it's an old 3GS and isn't much good for anything anymore except for my calendar and notes, and an occasional google search. I'm too darn [-]cheap[/-] frugal to spring for a new iPhone.

I've got a Samsung Galaxy 3s mini, free with my phone plan. I like the Runkeeper because you can set it to "announce" every 5, 10, 15 minutes your distance, time and pace. It's great incentive when you are trying to improve your times.

12 12-count boxes of Expo dry erase markers. 48 black, 48 red, 24 green, and 24 blue. Go wild!!

A while back one of my cousin's sons asked me what bands I saw in the 60s and 70s so I made a list. Then I saw this black hoodie on Amazon with this on it: "I may be old but I got to see all the cool bands". So I ordered it.

Related to all this, I just learned something today, and will share it here.

I'm slightly annoyed by Amazon constantly sending small thing in big boxes. On one hand, it just seems wasteful and not environmentally friendly, but also, some things get delivered by the post office, and when the tiny thing I ordered comes in a big box that doesn't fit in the mailbox, the delivery person needs to drive up our driveway, get out and set the stuff on our porch, where it is exposed to the elements, and there's a chance I won't even see it.

Turns out they have a 'packaging feedback' page:

www.amazon.com/packaging

It shows each recent order, and is easy to leave feedback. My first feedback was - why isn't this link right on the 'recent orders' page? Why did I have to learn about it elsewhere?

Ahhh, I see that when you go to 'order details' there is a "Leave package/delivery feedback". But I guess my brain saw that as "package delivery" feedback. But when you use that link I gave, it says "Rate Our Packaging", which is what I want to do.

So anyhow, I plan to leave feedback on every one of these that is way over-packed. Maybe if more people do this....?

-ERD50

Last edited:
Related to all this, I just learned something today, and will share it here.

I'm slightly annoyed by Amazon constantly sending small thing in big boxes. On one hand, it just seems wasteful and not environmentally friendly, but also, some things get delivered by the post office, and when the tiny thing I ordered comes in a big box that doesn't fit in the mailbox, the delivery person needs to drive up our driveway, get out and set the stuff on our porch, where it is exposed to the elements, and there's a chance I won't even see it.

Turns out they have a 'packaging feedback' page:

www.amazon.com/packaging

It shows each recent order, and is easy to leave feedback. My first feedback was - why isn't this link right on the 'recent orders' page? Why did I have to learn about it elsewhere?

Ahhh, I see that when you go to 'order details' there is a "Leave package/delivery feedback". But I guess my brain saw that as "package delivery" feedback. But when you use that link I gave, it says "Rate Our Packaging", which is what I want to do.

So anyhow, I plan to leave feedback on every one of these that is way over-packed. Maybe if more people do this....?

-ERD50
Thanks for the info; that problem has bothered me for a long time. I once ordered a pair of 32GB micro SD cards and they came in a box that could have held a 3TB hard drive. An envelope would have been better.

Back
Top Bottom