What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

An anti-bark collar for my dog :(

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I've been on a bit of a household gadgets spree this summer. :D

First, a steamer to clean my upholstered furniture. Just tried it for the first time on an ottoman, with excellent results. It can be used to clean all sorts of things as well as getting wrinkles out of clothes. I think this will get a lot of use.

DB-Tech Multi-Purpose Pressurized Steam Cleaning and Sanitizing System with Attachments - Great Handheld Steam Cleaner For Bed Bug Treatment - Indoors, Outdoor, Kitchen, Bathroom, Shower, Closet, Patio, Garage and Car: Amazon.ca: Home & Kitchen

Second, I ordered a Roku 1, to extend the useful life of my 18 year old non HDMI TV, which has been sitting idle for 3 years since I dropped cable. I can now watch Netflix on it. :dance: thank you hnzw_rui!

Roku 1 Streaming Media Player - Canada: Amazon.ca: Electronics

Third, this silicone baking mold.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003VFWWWU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Finally, I ordered this handheld vacuum to use in my car, as I park in a communal parking garage and have no access to outlets there.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B006LXOJC0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01

Last edited:
I've been on a bit of a household gadgets spree this summer. :D

First, a steamer to clean my upholstered furniture. Just tried it for the first time on an ottoman, with excellent results. It can be used to clean all sorts of things as well as getting wrinkles out of clothes. I think this will get a lot of use.

DB-Tech Multi-Purpose Pressurized Steam Cleaning and Sanitizing System with Attachments - Great Handheld Steam Cleaner For Bed Bug Treatment - Indoors, Outdoor, Kitchen, Bathroom, Shower, Closet, Patio, Garage and Car: Amazon.ca: Home & Kitchen

Second, I ordered a Roku 1, to extend the useful life of my 18 year old non HDMI TV, which has been sitting idle for 3 years since I dropped cable. I can now watch Netflix on it. :dance: thank you hnzw_rui!

Roku 1 Streaming Media Player - Canada: Amazon.ca: Electronics

Third, this silicone baking mold.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003VFWWWU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Finally, I ordered this handheld vacuum to use in my car, as I park in a communal parking garage and have no access to outlets there.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B006LXOJC0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01

Just looked at the steam cleaner, maybe I'm dense today but how do you use it on upholstery? The pictures and description that I read seemed to indicate it was for windows, car tires, showers, things like that.

Wild Irish Rogue

Just looked at the steam cleaner, maybe I'm dense today but how do you use it on upholstery? The pictures and description that I read seemed to indicate it was for windows, car tires, showers, things like that.

Wild Irish Rogue

Here is an extract from the text. Also see the customer reviews.

Features
* 3 Minute warm-up time
* holds 6 ounces of water
* 210 Degree Tip Temperature
* 9 Foot Power Cord For Easy Mobility
* Effective on Mites, Scabies, Bed Bugs, Lice Mange and other insect infestations.
* Excellent for cleaning cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, garden equipment, workshops, etc.
* Remove stains from bedding, carpets, blankets, headboard sand upholstery.
* Quickly and easily clean furniture, table tops and counters
* Clean tile, grout and shower doors with steam instead of harmful chemicals
* Easily reaches cracks and crevices other cleaning methods cannot reach.
* Remove chewing gum and candle wax easily and quickly.
* Clean blinds, drapes and curtains

Ordered an inexpensive "Mamba" pool vacuum for our house that we will be selling. Current cleaner is going to the new house.

I was looking for an inexpensive solution to DHs old eyes and need for sunglasses and found some nifty little bifocal stickers that he can put on his existing sunglasses to be able to read his GPS while flying.

Hydrotac Stick-on Bifocal Lenses (OPTX 20/20)- +2.50 Diopter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GHRIW6E/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_R5N3vb0HPTH4N

He seems to think they'll do the trick.

That is interesting. I have looked into buying sunglass readers but they are over $100 and I would not use them much. But we are at the pool in Vegas a few times a year. My eyes have become so pitiful reading wise, I had to put my readers on with sunglasses on top of them. What a nerd fest look that was!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is interesting. I have looked into buying sunglass readers but they are over $100 and I would not use them much. But we are at the pool in Vegas a few times a year. My eyes have become so pitiful reading wise, I had to put my readers on with sunglasses on top of them. What a nerd fest look that was!

This is my solution.

Cocoons Eyewear - Fitover Sunglasses and Low Vision UV Filters

Some years ago I bought similar sunglasses by Protekt and really liked them, but I can't find them now, so perhaps they are not being made any more.

PROTEKT - Reviews & Brand Information - 20/20 Marketing Ltd. Maple Ridge, B.C. V2X 0T4 , - Serial Number: 75006891

My mom bought a 2 pack of sunglass readers at Sam's or Bj's for $20-25. Don't recall the name brand but she did say they worked well in the sun.

My mom bought a 2 pack of sunglass readers at Sam's or Bj's for $20-25. Don't recall the name brand but she did say they worked well in the sun.

If they can be had cheaper like that I need to look more then. But I remember thus summer I had to put the readers on the outside of my sunglasses to read, as that worked best. Thats where the nerdfest comment came from.

This is my solution.

Cocoons Eyewear - Fitover Sunglasses and Low Vision UV Filters

Some years ago I bought similar sunglasses by Protekt and really liked them, but I can't find them now, so perhaps they are not being made any more.

PROTEKT - Reviews & Brand Information - 20/20 Marketing Ltd. Maple Ridge, B.C. V2X 0T4 , - Serial Number: 75006891

That is where I am heading Mead, but I am not there yet. I am one of those types that have to have those things at the very tip of my nose as I see very well past arms length. I cant see out of them when not reading. Now I know why as a youth I wondered why some people wouldn't wear their glasses "correctly". :)

I get my sunglasses from Zenni Optical. I have three pair. Two are Bifocal Polarized, and one is bifocal non-polarized. If I remember the the Polarized are pricey, about $85 delivered, but they are the best. The regular are about $35. If you go with single focal length, no polarize, i.e just reading, you can get them down to about $15!

I just ordered a hard to find book, used. It cost me $40 (retails for $250 new), and I was able to use some discover points to get it.

Just ordered neutral density filter, holder, and lens adapter for my DSLR.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Now, here's a necessity of life... :rolleyes: Oh well, might as well buy utter cr*p if I can afford it, and if the cr*p makes me happy I guess.

I'll buy more once the US version of the cards is available, and they will be much cheaper than the imported ones like these.

Beard balm and Beard oil - unscented. Kinda hard to find unscented in the stores. :)

Big-papa

Back
Top Bottom