What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Zero is not close to $99. I'm almost never in a rush for any of this stuff, 2 days versus 5-7 days is not a hardship for me. I have not paid extra in shipping charges. And some items I've bought were not Prime-eligible anyhow.

I was frustrating trying to find things I *need* to fill up the $50 free shipping. I hate "savings" that make you spend more than you would... So I was paying shipping rather than buying stuff I didn't need.

I agree about comparison shopping between prime, non prime, and non-amazon vendors.

I bought this book:

Trump: The Deals and the Downfall

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0060167041?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Unfortunately, it's out of print, so availability is limited. I bought my copy for $3.95, but the after that, the least expensive copy on Amazon is $129.50.
The used books are great deals!!!! You can often find something in decent condition.

I was taking advantage for a while, but then I got into ebooks and stopped liking paper.

I am visiting my Mom and the brakes on her walker failed so I just purchased a new rolling walker from Amazon .It was so much cheaper than medical supply stores.

Just ordered a larger TV set (currently have a tiny 21 inch screen).

With the bigger tv, when baseball season starts, I can actually see the ball :).

Attachments

• 27 inch tv.jpg
    27 inch tv.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 10
I've got to decide tomorrow whether to re-up prime again. I really hate paying that much, but we get a lot out of it, including the free and fast shipping and the streaming (we also have Netflix) of shows we can't watch elsewhere.
Just ordered a cat tower for Roscoe--he loves it! View attachment 23446

Roscoe is a handsome cat.

Spring in SWFL means the live oaks are shedding their leaves. We use a blower nearly every day to clear leaves out of our driveway and front entrance. Dealing with the extension cord has been pain, because no matter how carefully I roll it up, it always tangles when we're pulling it along, and then I have to carefully roll it back up. So I got one of the Green Leaf WW-1 Wonder Winder Hand Crank Extension Cord Winder, and it works like a charm. I'm going to get another one when we get back to MD.

I just ordered some aerosol Fluid Film, a lanolin-based rust preventive, after reading some good reviews. It is supposed to creep into cracks and crevices. Gonna give it a try.

Sand bottle for the golf cart...

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I ordered some picture hangers last summer with a $10 gift card that someone gave me the Christmas before. I guess I am not a big online shopper at all.

DH buys some stuff online and does prime, mostly because he actually uses it to watch a lot of movies. I don't object because the last thing he needs is more DVD's laying around the house ..... trying to get him to get rid of a lot of that kind of stuff!

Some marmite and vegemite. I've always been curious, ever since that Men at Work video, but it's so expensive from those boutique stores. Only $6.50 for three jars, direct shipped to my mailbox via Royal Mail.

For the record, I didn't love it. Too salty. Very savory though.

Frostfire solar LED lights for my deck steps. I can bring them in during the winter or the occasional severe weather. I bought 5 boxes, 3 in each. They just sit on the side edge of the steps under the rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I ordered some picture hangers last summer with a $10 gift card that someone gave me the Christmas before. I guess I am not a big online shopper at all.

DH buys some stuff online and does prime, mostly because he actually uses it to watch a lot of movies. I don't object because the last thing he needs is more DVD's laying around the house ..... trying to get him to get rid of a lot of that kind of stuff!

I'm hoping there are a lot of folks in your shoes. I have a friend who works at the local Good Will. I have asked her to start buying DVDs for me. They are $2 when they go on sale. My satellite internet is too slow for movies and I only get mail when I go to town so NetFlix wouldn't work either. I am putting a very nice home theater in the house I am building so I need a selection of movies. Keep that flow of DVDs to Good Will going!

Bought a cell phone case for my new lumia 640.
Was about $6
It's really nice 3 piece one, silicon wrap for the phone, a hard plastic that wraps over the silicone and has a stand, then another hard plastic shell that has a good clip on it for the belt.
This way I can wear it clipped to the belt or pocket as needed.

I don't like carrying it my pants pockets as I'll sit on it.

Some marmite and vegemite. I've always been curious, ever since that Men at Work video, but it's so expensive from those boutique stores. Only $6.50 for three jars, direct shipped to my mailbox via Royal Mail.

Haha, I wanted to try it for the same reason, and got the same result!

On another, slightly related note, Colin Hay, the lead singer, has some amazingly good acoustic-type stuff out now. Worth a listen. Next Year People is his album from last year, and Man at Work, from 2003, is the good acoustic listen, with a few reworked Men at Work songs in the mix.

Oh, and I just ordered some XL Sticky Paws furniture protector sheets. Basically giant sheets of double sticky tape for the "new to me" couch I got over the weekend. Roscoe loves his cat tower, but still seems to prefer the couch for claw sharpening activities!

Dog food. No longer available in the local big box pet stores, so online it is.

Our last Amazon order was also dog food! Cheaper and easier.

DH also ordered a white suit from Overstock.com for a theme wedding we have to go to this summer, $89 and you can see through it only a little :)

100 valve stem cores? I carbonate our own water and in time the valve cores on the home built pressurizing caps wear out/corrode/don't function properly. 100 is a stupid number, but at $3.89 with free shipping it is cheaper than buying a more reasonable 10 at the auto parts store.

DH also ordered a white suit from Overstock.com for a theme wedding we have to go to this summer, $89 and you can see through it only a little :)
Hunt for theme unnerwear for him - shorts with a message?

Thats some dedication!

I had to learn to tolerate it as a child.

A pair of elastic bottom stretch pants to make post-surgery pains more comfortable than blue jeans. I'm pretty sure I'll never be seen in public wearing these.

What is the theme " Saturday night fever " ?

Back
Top Bottom