What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

That reminds me - need to order popcorn. But watch it - the large size is a lot more per ounce than the small size. The "small" size is 5 lbs.

A Dell E525W all-in-one color laser printer and a set of toner cartridges for it. We have a Dell color laser printer that I bought ~10 years ago when DW went back to school for her degree and it has printed many boxes of paper. Lately it has started smudging and smearing. I replaced the toner cartridges and the imaging drum (which I had in the basement anyway) and that didn't help. So I guess it is "new printer" time.

We don't print that much anymore anyway so absent a breakdown or being unable to get toner this should last a long time. I wanted the fax capability because once in a blue moon I still have to send a fax.

So Walt, have you gotten and set up the printer yet? I'm needing a new one, and I want to hear your opinion. Especially does it work with Win10, if that's an issue with you. I can't get my old color (not AiO) printer to install on my Win10 machine, although I think it's more an issue with the printer than Win10. The USB port on the printer seems to be broken, and there's no way to install it without that.

So Walt, have you gotten and set up the printer yet? I'm needing a new one, and I want to hear your opinion. Especially does it work with Win10, if that's an issue with you. I can't get my old color (not AiO) printer to install on my Win10 machine, although I think it's more an issue with the printer than Win10. The USB port on the printer seems to be broken, and there's no way to install it without that.

Speaking of that, it just arrived a few hours ago and I set it up (cable USB connection) without difficulty. So far it prints fine, better than the other one ever did. And I am running Win 10 on this machine. I haven't used it extensively, printed maybe five pages but so far so good.

One thing that made me a bit nervous with it was the install software had on the screen "searching for printer" for a good five minutes but it did eventually find it and install without further ado. The manual is over 300 pages! Of course I did not print that. There's a lot of stuff in there about installing to other operating systems, setting up an IP address, stuff that doesn't apply to my application.

Dog food, a replacement water filter for the fridge, a birthday gift for DD's friend, bulk granola bars, and body lotion. Such a random combination of things.

Dog food . . .
Coincidence, I ordered dog food from Amazon for the first time tonight. It's still amazing to me that Amazon can get bulky stuff like dry dog chow to my door cheaper than if I drive to the store and take it off their pallet.

Pet fountain pump to replace the one that either quit working or was only clogged up but I had already tossed away :facepalm:.

Attachments

• pet fountain pump.jpg
    pet fountain pump.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 13
Coincidence, I ordered dog food from Amazon for the first time tonight. It's still amazing to me that Amazon can get bulky stuff like dry dog chow to my door cheaper than if I drive to the store and take it off their pallet.

I know. So much easier to have 70lbs of dog food dropped off on the front porch without spending any more than I would to drive to the store, load it in my car, then unload it into the house.

Ordered a new inner tie rod end. According to my records, I replaced it in 2012, just 40,000 miles ago, yet it is loose again. :mad:

Looking forward to replacing this beast later this year.

A Travelon anti theft classic messenger bag. My old travel bag is falling apart.

Amazon Echo dot, Bose mini soundlink II, TP-Link smartplug, TP-Link Smart switch - in an attempt to turn my new home in to a smart home.

A Bio-Bidet Elite 3. Now that I have the water heater under the sink, I'm getting a better bidet attachment, 2 self cleaning (male and female) retractable nozzles.

My girlfriend absolutely loves these things and so do I - :)

Oh, forgot to mention the 2 inch silicone ice cube trays for making those really cool 1 cube cocktails that dilute slowly.

I added those to get the free shipping - :)

Just ordered a refurbished Kindle Paperwhite for $79 and a thin case. Gonna put it in the closet and bring it out at Xmas. DW is still using the first generation, unlighted Kindle.

60W incandescent light bulbs. Amazingly, they arrived in perfect shape and I have two in use already. :D

60W incandescent light bulbs. Amazingly, they arrived in perfect shape and I have two in use already. :D
I've heard about these things - amazingly they give off both light and heat! Very simple design, just a filament that glows white hot. They've got no mercury, no electronics and work on a dimmer switch.

A Bio-Bidet Elite 3. Now that I have the water heater under the sink, I'm getting a better bidet attachment, 2 self cleaning (male and female) retractable nozzles.

My girlfriend absolutely loves these things and so do I - :)
Kinda going crazy on this, aren't ya? ;)
Is there some sort of support group for this affliction. "Hello, I'm Jim, and I love to wash my bum and bits."

I've been buying running gear so I can run in cold weather WI. In the past, I've given up before it gets too cold but I should have what I need to run in temps down to 20 degrees or so. I signed up for my first 1/2 marathon, which is December 4th so I'm hoping for mild weather. Oh, I also joined the audio book club with Amazon... I find that listening to books while I run makes me forget about how tired I am!

Just ordered a refurbished Kindle Paperwhite for $79 and a thin case. Gonna put it in the closet and bring it out at Xmas. DW is still using the first generation, unlighted Kindle.

She will love the upgrade. Good choice!

Back
Top Bottom