What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

A big heavy duty storage rack 5 feet high, 3 feet wide and 15 inches deep with 24 bins that can hold 50 lbs each. It's going to be perfect for organizing the tools/hardware/wire/cable I have laying around.

Presto 04830 PowerPop Microwave Multi-Popper, Black

Somehow I melted the lid on my old one.

A digital scale to use for accuracy on ebay shipments.

A 4 foot by 8 foot sheet of WilsonArt glossy black laminate.

Today I ordered new laptop and mouse, since my present laptop is in the process of crashing. I suspect leaving it plugged in during a thunderstorm may be why. Anyway the blue screen of death and I are becoming best buds, and I'm ready to move on.:)

A CPR V5000 Call Blocker to block spammers, robocalls, advertisers, etc.

Until recently we weren't plagued with those calls like so many others, I guess having an unlisted number helped, but they finally caught up with us. Now we get more of those than calls we want. The phone co. does offer selective call blocking but they wanted $5/month for it. No thanks, it's cheaper to buy the machine as long as it lasts a couple of years. Hopefully it'll work and I won't have to send it back.

I wanted to post an update about this device. It works great out of the box! It has a 5,000 number database of known robocallers/spammers/etc. phone numbers and that caused a noticeable drop in the number of spam callers the first day. Of course they can't block them all out of the box because the originating numbers change so quickly. We both enjoy the "Block Now" button because it feels kind of like swatting a fly that's been annoyingly buzzing around the room and you finally kill it.

Highly recommended!:dance:

61IfYhy4wzL._SL1000_.jpg

Making a new control system for an electric smoker.

I ordered a pair of these reading glasses with adjustable focus. In the thread on progressive glasses, ERD50 said he has some of these adjustable focus glasses and likes them. They sound really cool!!! I was tempted and ordered some too.

They were only $27.99 and I paid for all of it with points from my Amazon Visa card. Shipping is free with Prime and they arrive on Sunday.

https://www.amazon.com/ADLENS-USA-I..._rd_wg=5cBUV&refRID=2DHBSCNPEJA1HRHB3T5J&th=1

Last edited:
I ordered a small canister of pepper spray. With the weather getting warmer, I'll be out on the trails more walking and bicycling. It's a bit unsettling for me to be out alone on a hike or bike ride, miles away from any help, and encounter a lone male or small group of males. I know logically that they are just out enjoying the day, engaging in the same activity that I love...but I still get a little tinge of fear that I'm about to become a victim. Hopefully with a canister of pepper spray that feeling will abate. Because I'm having too much fun to stop going out in the woods!

I ordered a small canister of pepper spray.

That's a perfectly fine thing to carry, but two suggestions.

First, I would get another one so you can practice with it. Knowing exactly how the spray comes out can be useful. Is it a narrow stream, a wide spray, a foam, whatever?

Second, there are "antidote" wipes you can get that neutralize the effect if you should ever accidentally get some on yourself. Another good purchase.

Second, there are "antidote" wipes you can get that neutralize the effect if you should ever accidentally get some on yourself. Another good purchase.

Also, check to make sure that the bear isn't carrying the antidote wipes. ;)

Yesterday, I purchased allergy meds for spring pollen problems.

It's that time of year again. :-(

I ordered a new wireless router, the Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Dual Band Wireless Router. I think is the same one Midpack got recently and likes and it's the best selling router on Amazon too.

Last edited:
A printer today. Needed ink. Ink - $30+. New printer - $40. Haven't bought ink in ~20 years. Bought a lot of printers though.

I ordered a small canister of pepper spray. With the weather getting warmer, I'll be out on the trails more walking and bicycling. It's a bit unsettling for me to be out alone on a hike or bike ride, miles away from any help, and encounter a lone male or small group of males. I know logically that they are just out enjoying the day, engaging in the same activity that I love...but I still get a little tinge of fear that I'm about to become a victim. Hopefully with a canister of pepper spray that feeling will abate. Because I'm having too much fun to stop going out in the woods!

Carried pepper spray when I used to jog. Occasionally, a dog would mistake me for a car and chase me. Not knowing the dog's intention (Bark? Lick? Dinner?), I'd give 'em a quick squirt. Always stopped 'em cold. I hike and bike nowadays and don't seem to need it.

Agree with OP that a second one to learn / train with is a wise suggestion.

Carried pepper spray when I used to jog. Occasionally, a dog would mistake me for a car and chase me. Not knowing the dog's intention (Bark? Lick? Dinner?), I'd give 'em a quick squirt. Always stopped 'em cold. I hike and bike nowadays and don't seem to need it.

Agree with OP that a second one to learn / train with is a wise suggestion.
I carry Halt pepper spray for dogs and only have to use it a few times a year. Definitely changes their immediate priories without any lasting damage. :flowers:

I finally broke down and bought a pressure washer. The moss on my cement and dirt on my deck and grease on my bbq etc. etc. etc. had me using a lot of toxic chemicals around my house. After seeing a neighbor blast the dirt away with nothing but water under pressure (and maybe a small amount of detergent once is a while) I thought it's time.

Shoes - again.

This is the third size. I really have to wear the shoes on a trip before I can figure out that they are too big. At first they don't seem too big, but after a while I realize that I can go down at least a 1/2 size.

I've been having some foot problems, so it's getting more challenging to find shoes that fit without causing some foot pain on my right foot. I like to walk long distances, so comfort fit and good support is critical. I have special replacement soles that keep the shoe a bit more rigid.

The portable USB battery charger arrived today. This is a Kmashi 15-Ah battery that I want to bring on the upcoming trip. It looks like a small brick and weighs a pound!

I already had 3 small portable chargers. Each is small enough to fit in the pant pocket, but holds only about 2 Ah. I bought these more than a year ago, but never used them. Now, one is dead, and one has about 1/2 capacity. I opened up the dead one, and found that the internal battery was a standard 18650 cell, and it was good. It was the electronics that was bad.

Decided that I would need a good charger with enough capacity to charge multiple cell phones, and also a couple of tablets in case we need them for navigation. The Kmashi chargers got very good reviews on Amazon.

Right after I ordered it, they raised the price from $14.99 to $16.99. Walmart is now cheaper at $15.99, and free shipping too.

Back
Top Bottom