Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-25-2014, 11:13 AM   #161
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalduck View Post
A new electric hot-water kettle to replace the dangerous one my parents are using, [...]
I forgot to mention that I absolutely LOVE my new hot water boiler that I got from Amazon not so long ago. It is just terrific, for making tea, instant soup or cereal, and for many other uses.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #162
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

The only thing I ever purchased online was a couple pair of hiking shoes from lands end about 15 years ago. Just threw them out about 2 years ago. But online dating is a whole other story!
NYEXPAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:44 AM   #163

Toto Drake toilet & seat - in "bone".
Old 06-25-2014, 12:10 PM   #164
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I forgot to mention that I absolutely LOVE my new hot water boiler that I got from Amazon not so long ago. It is just terrific, for making tea, instant soup or cereal, and for many other uses.
I have the same one and I love it too.
FIREd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:51 PM   #165
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I've got an "Ooma Telo" VOIP telephone device in my Cart, but can't seem to pull the trigger just yet. Looking to replace the phone service from my cable provider. Lots of good ratings and reviews for the Ooma Anyone have any experience with this, or please direct me to the thread if this has already been discussed. Thank you.

short version: outstanding.

happy Ooma user of 5(?) years.
calmloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:33 PM   #166

The last thing was Frinsa brand Spanish canned tuna in olive oil. I ordered six cans a few days ago but they have yet to arrive (not eligible for Prime). I love salad nicoise in the summer and thought it might be nice to try if I invite some friends over for a casual bite. I forget where I heard of this brand (NYT maybe?).
WhoDaresWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:43 PM   #167

Do library books from Overdrive count ? If so, then my answer is "Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
Hebrews 12:11

ER'd in June 2015 at age 52. Initial WR 3%. 50/40/10 (Equity/Bond/Short Term) AA.
Live And Learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:57 PM   #168
Give me a forum ...

00 flour for making pizza.

What is 00 flour?

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:48 PM   #169
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
a couple of typewriter ribbons
What are those?
45th Birthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:26 PM   #170
Give me a forum ...

Just bought a new wallet a few minutes ago.

Amazon.com: Embassy Genuine Lambskin Leather Accordion Wallet: Shoes

Not because of more case, but recently got a spare car key that doesn't fit in my old wallet.

I already have something similar but in black. I want a brown one as that looks more like a man's wallet.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:24 PM   #171
Moderator Emeritus

Nice wallet, easysurfer! It looks like it will hold a lot without being too bulky.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:27 PM   #172
Give me a forum ...

Can you really carry that in your pants' pocket?

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:27 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
Just bought a new wallet a few minutes ago.
Wow...that wallet looks rather large. Do you carry it in your pocket?

This isn't an amazon item AFAIK but I can vouch for the Big Skinny (aka the World's Thinnest Wallet). They make a ton of different wallet styles, in men's and women's styles and these wallets take up a lot less room (50% lighter and smaller) than the leather models they replace.

World’s Thinnest Wallets! A Thin, Slim, Flat Wallet by Big Skinny

omni
omni550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:28 PM   #174
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
Nice wallet, easysurfer! It looks like it will hold a lot without being too bulky.
I don't have it yet, but one similar.

I like having the zippers so nothing falls out. But I will miss having the dollar bills flat instead of folder.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:32 PM   #175
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by omni550 View Post
Wow...that wallet looks rather large. Do you carry it in your pocket?

This isn't an amazon item AFAIK but I can vouch for the Big Skinny (aka the World's Thinnest Wallet). They make a ton of different wallet styles, in men's and women's styles and these wallets take up a lot less room (50% lighter and smaller) than the leather models they replace.

World’s Thinnest Wallets! A Thin, Slim, Flat Wallet by Big Skinny

omni
I measured the wallet I use currently at that is about a 1/2 inch shorter than what I ordered. 4 inches vs 4.5 inches.

The width are both 3 inches. The thickness depends on how much money I'm carrying at the time

That big skinny wallet looks pretty nice.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:43 PM   #176

Two small quadcopters with cameras and two 19.7V 200W halogen bulbs for the pool's fibre optic system.

6miths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:00 AM   #177

Some support socks to drag me through the last 40 something days at work. And some caffeine gum. One of the med students gave me a piece when I was falling asleep trying to do my charting at 2PM (I would rather be napping). It was fantastic. 20 minutes later I felt normal and the effect lasted about 5 hrs. No buzz either.

Mostly I get books for my Kindle. I'm shopping for a new cover for our grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
EastWest Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:27 PM   #178
Give me a forum ...

I am not happy with Amazon!

Placed an order with them early on Tues. Received an email that the order got shipped today. I had hoped to get it before the weekend, so that I can take it with me back to the boonies home to do some work. And this is not the 1st time for me that the order is not shipped until the 3rd day. Definitely not happy!

I have been buying from eBay, and these small mom-and-pop vendors often ship the same day if you place an order early in the morning. Digikey, an electronic part vendor, has that as a policy.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 06-26-2014, 05:33 PM   #179
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
I am not happy with Amazon!

Placed an order with them early on Tues. Received an email that the order got shipped today. I had hoped to get it before the weekend, so that I can take it with me back to the boonies home to do some work. And this is not the 1st time for me that the order is not shipped until the 3rd day. Definitely not happy!

I have been buying from eBay, and these small mom-and-pop vendors often ship the same day if you place an order early in the morning. Digikey, an electronic part vendor, has that as a policy.
Wow, do you have Amazon Prime?I would be upset too if something didn't ship until the 3rd day, after paying for Prime. Sometimes third party Amazon sellers take a long time to ship things, though, I agree.

My hangers (see post #154 above) have shipped and they are scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #180
Give me a forum ...

No, I do not have Amazon Prime. Perhaps that's why Amazon gives my order low priority.

I do not buy enough stuff to justify Amazon Prime. Most electronics stuff, I get from the local Fry's Electronics store, or from eBay.