What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Just ordered a convection oven to replace the one that the halogen bulb burnt out.

This one doesn't use a halogen bulb, so hopefully, it will last longer.

I'm hooked on the no-rush shipments to get credits towards free movies :)

Attachments

• oven.jpg
    oven.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 12
I just made my most pathetic order from Amazon today. Dropped my phone and broke screen (dumb phone). I looked to order a new one from Virgin and I didn't like any of them as they discontinued the old blackberry type keyboard. So I ordered two new cell phone batteries total cost of $10 for my phone I used 5 years ago stuffed in the drawer. My GF is not happy about me bringing that phone out of retirement and doesn't understand why I don't buy a smart phone. I never carry my readers with me so I could not read what is on the phone anyways so its a waste of money. Plus I like a phone I only have to charge twice a week. I am good for several more years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: W2R
I've been experimenting with making chocolate for the past couple of years. Not fancy chocolates, but just basic milk chocolate and darker chocolates. I buy the cacao beans on trips I take to Sumatra. Growers dry it out on the ground in their front yards, and I just ask if I can buy a few kilos. I then take it home in my suitcase, roast it, seperate out the nibs by hand, and then grind with sugar (+- milk powder, lecithin). The one thing that has dampered my enthusiasm for chocolate-making has been the hours and hours spent hand grinding the chocolate with the flat stones I found here.

So last time I was in the US I ordered a Premier Wonder wet grinder from Amazon to do the chocolate grinding for me. The grinder is a metal can about a foot tall that is spun slowly, with a granite base and granite grinding stones inside. Ahhh, what a difference that makes!
Chocolate%20Ingredients%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Chocolate%20Grinding%20%28Medium%29.jpg

I got tired of drinking too-warm red wine in the summer and forgetting to put the white in the fridge early enough in the day. Finally figured out that I had a perfect place for a small wine fridge in the dining room. So I ordered one last week:
http://www.amazon.com/Haier-18-Bottle-Curved-Smoked-Cellar/dp/B00DNSO41M

So far so good - the reds really are warmer than the whites and both are good drinking temps.
We really enjoy having our wine in one. Although other than champagne we pretty much drink red, so one temp wne "cellar". Champagne stays in the regular fridge - one bottle at a time.

looking for some good ideas on here.. especially with Amex buy $20 on Amazon, get $20 credit ..hmmm buy $20 for free on amazon.. sure sign me up...but then went to get some movies for our trip and found out I could download the prime ones for free and I just borrowed out a series of books and got some free app games.. so now I have 5 books and 5 movies and 3 games for $0.. still need to spend that $20 plus I forgot I had some credits from a previous buy. its tough being frugal

Bought a new Weber Genesis E330 propane grill to replace our 14 year old Weber. Just put it together and can't wait to try it out! Bought some nice filet mignon from Costco to grill tonight.

Easysurfer, I have no idea.

Back to our most recent purchase from Amazon, I just ordered this:

It's a new 1 TB portable external data storage device. I mentioned earlier on this thread (post #563)that I have been doing dual backups, one on a 64GB thumb drive that I just got, and one on my old, much smaller E-Go portable external hard drive. The E-Go just bit the dust, and I was pleased to discover that new, bigger drives are pretty cheap these days.

Last edited:
Easysurfer, I have no idea.

Back to our most recent purchase from Amazon, I just ordered this:

It's a new 1 TB portable external data storage device. I mentioned earlier on this thread (post #563)that I have been doing dual backups, one on a 64GB thumb drive that I just got, and one on my old, much smaller E-Go portable external hard drive. The E-Go just bit the dust, and I was pleased to discover that new, bigger drives are pretty cheap these days.

Nice external backup drive. That's the good thing about when old hardware bites the dust. You can replace with better and less costly.

I just ordered a "Skim Doctor". This is a device that supposedly improves the efficiency of in-ground swimming pool skimmers. I had never heard of this until earlier today when I was checking Amazon for the status of another order. It showed up as a recommendation. It interested me, so I read upon it. Great reviews and it addresses some of the issues I'm experiencing with my skimmers. Hope it works!!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I just ordered a Thera Cane due to my recent neck and shoulder issues. Tried one at PT and it was great.

Wow, 55 and raving about a therapy cane. I need a new life!

I just ordered a Thera Cane due to my recent neck and shoulder issues. Tried one at PT and it was great.

Wow, 55 and raving about a therapy cane. I need a new life!

They do work well, be careful to be gentle till you get used to it. I was probably 56 when I bought one, tried it at PT, knew I wanted or needed one.

Sorry to hear of your issues, I'm going through the same stuff, two cervical epidurals did magic for pain. Now PT..and more PT....

🐑

I received an Amazon gift card for my birthday and I spent it on art supplies - too many to list here.

Where There's a Will, There's a Way

Where can I get this fryer attachment in the USA?

I've checked both Amazon and Ebay and it looks like not shipped to the US?

I NEED :mad: the right tool for the job!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GLRVZ...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=06VQKC9NFC6FF7R53BA3

Well, I didn't order from Amazon, but ended up corresponding with the manufacturer from the UK and ordered directly.

After several emails back and forth, figuring how to call internationally on my Tracfone, and going "what? excuse me?" a few times on the phone (American vs British accents), I ordered the fry attachment. Now I'm bloody pleased :D

Got a bicycle wheel truing stand.

Need the right tool for the job :):

Attachments

• truing station.jpg
    truing station.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Got back from VW dealer for TDI ECM software upgrade/recall.

Realized I had not changed cabin air filter in 4 years - it is due. I enjoy doing my own auto maintenance:) Easy job and purchase from Amazon.

51et1iBMSzL._SX180_.jpg

Chuck

One pair of New Balance cross training shoes and two packages of athletic socks.

Shimano Ultegra 11-28 Cassette for my road bike. Replacing my 12-25 to add one more easier gear for climbing.

New IP camera for the alpaca barn, old one has lost a lot of range of movement so it will become my workshop camera.

I ordered a 4 wheel golf cart. It just arrived, while I was out playing golf! It was cheaper with Amazon Prime than at local golf stores. Fortunately, it arrived fully assembled. Made in Oregon, which feels like supporting the neighbors. Looking forward to using it on Thursday. ⛳

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 10
My grandson's birthday is in a few weeks so I bought these items .I also bought a bike but that will come from Walmart since it was not available at Amazon. I can't wait to see him.

Attachments

• 41P7Jp9RbWL.jpg
    41P7Jp9RbWL.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 71P0nmJ0g0L._SL1452_.jpg
    71P0nmJ0g0L._SL1452_.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 91kzbTSNjKL._SX522_.jpg
    91kzbTSNjKL._SX522_.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back