What is your favorite tool ?

With the variety of stuff I do, whatever solves the problem.

Most recently an inspection mirror on a long expandable handle, along with 2 foot long drive extension, attached to a spring loaded 1/4" magnetic swivel socket on a cordless screwdriver to remove a bolt holding the old converter charger in my trailer.

The builders likely installed that charger before they added the trailer shell to the trailer floor.

I could have used extendeable arms like in the spiderman cartoons.

I also recited a litany a choice prayer like words invoking all sorts of deities, bodily functions. Many of the familial ancestors of the design engineers, in a not so favorable setting. Now THAT was good tool for the soul.

Paper clips are another favorite tool.

Actually my favorite tool. Its a multi purpose. Is my Leatherman. Has come in handy numerous times verse the single use tools :) I feel like MacGyver with it.;)

Hmmm, I'm beginning to wonder about you. First it's Not Much Longer (?!) and now your favourite tool is one of these.....

:LOL:

My Rocket Stick

Rogers-Rocket-Stick_02d6b97c-617f-4e1e-b70b-217c6eb04384.jpg

Take the Internet with you: Canadian carriers offer USB Internet sticks

I have a bunch of favorites depending what I'm doing. My recent favorite is my alligator chomper:
Thanks, I think we have a winner for the Father's Day list!

Now if that just comes on a 10-foot pole for pruning 10"-diameter mango branches...

Oh you wicked person! Gonna hang on to all that vice, aren't ya? :LOL:

There's a story about a guy who goes into a Sears store tool dept., and tells the clerk he needs a bigger vise... and three customers passing by suggest some!
Now there's a tool I could love. :)

Ha

When you retire, get a good grip on every vice you can! :cool:

Oops!! :2funny: That should have been "vise-grips", I guess! :D Shows how much I know about tools. Nearly nothing, but if I have duct tape and vise-grips I can usually get by.

Last edited:
Thanks, I think we have a winner for the Father's Day list!

Now if that just comes on a 10-foot pole for pruning 10"-diameter mango branches...

I like the chomper because it's easy to chop a few branches, move them to a burn pile, and start cutting again without the hassle of restarting a gas powered chain saw.

I have a Craftsman pole saw on about a 10' pole, but I don't think one of these will take down your 10" mango branches.

Craftsman Pole Saw Attachment - Model 79246 at Sears.com

I like the chomper because it's easy to chop a few branches, move them to a burn pile, and start cutting again without the hassle of restarting a gas powered chain saw.
Exactly. I can't throw 'em downhill into the gulch, so I need bite-size pieces to haul up 22 steps to the green waste can.

I have a Craftsman pole saw on about a 10' pole, but I don't think one of these will take down your 10" mango branches.
I have a Ryobi gas engine with the pole option of a chainsaw, but I think I'm going to have to look into the chomper first.

I'll do one mango this year and the other one next year, which should buy me about five more years. And then we're going to turn the trunks into picnic tables...

My pocket knife. Whichever I'm carrying is my fave. I ALWAYS have a blade, and seem to use it more than once daily.

I love those shears, Janet--my mom has some and I'm very jealous. I still miss my favorite old Opinel folding knife with the beechwood handle I lost years ago. Never found a pocket knife that could replace it. I keep a couple of leatherman-type tools around in the car, RV, purse, etc.

I love my left-handed Felco pruners best of all, though, and their holster.

Nothing beats a hand made tool, especially one you made yourself. :smitten:

Weighing in at over nine pounds this little baby is a dream to use. Lots of solid brass and walnut, took about a month to make.

It's got a big appetite for the finer things in life, like walnut, cherry and mahogany.:cool:

exquisite as usual.

I just bought a cool gift for someone: a flashlight that you wind for a minute and it runs for 3-4 hours. Never needs a battery either. I was told by a guy in the tool department that he is in love with this, so I hope the recipient of this gift loves it, also.

Back
Top Bottom