What is your hobby?

Bluemoon

Recycles dryer sheets
I haven't had a hobby since I stopped showing dogs in the mid 90's. These days I read, visit financial internet sites and watch TV at night. I was wondering what hobbies other retirees have to see if anything appeals to me.

Hobbies? Who has time for hobbies. I have an extensive coin collection I have not looked at since I retired. I parked my 77 Cordoba T-top because the last year I insured it I put 543 Km on it. I have a stamp collection. I guess computers can be considered a hobby.

Not retired yet, but looking forward to having more time to do my amateur astronomy (hence my username - I love to observe faint galaxies). I used to be really into it but have been taking a hiatus lately. It takes a bit of time to travel to a dark site with my equipment, but it really doesn't have to be that hard. You have to be able to stay up late, though. :LOL:

My main hobby these days is making beer. You can really make some great beer at home - it's not like it was 30 years ago; high quality ingredients are readily available and tons of knowledge is at your fingertips via the intertubes.

I am also looking forward to using my woodshop more, too.

I think I don't have time to w*rk!!

Once you're retired, I think everything you do counts as a hobby.

I enjoy getting stronger using the weight lifting machines at my gym.
weightlift4.gif

I also like reading, video games, pleasure drives, the ER forum, and keeping track of my investments.

Once you're retired, I think everything you do counts as a hobby.

Exactly! So now you know what my days are like. I didn't include spending time with F. as a "hobby", since that seems a little cold/harsh, but I love spending time with him as well.

Last edited:
Gardening, knitting, reading, running, and minor home improvements.

It's not really a hobby, but I also really enjoy meeting my friends for lunch, coffee, or margaritas.

Homebrewing, hiking, camping, cooking. More recently starting to pick up target shooting and will be doing a hunter education class next month. Planning on getting back into freshwater/fly fishing in the spring and trying hunting in the Fall.

Golf
Weight Lifting
Ham Radio
Astronomy
Cars - road racing, drag racing
RC Car Racing
Competitive Shooting/Reloading
Community Service
Reading
Surfing the Net
Investing
Wood Working
Photography
Biking
Playing Baseball
Watching Baseball/Football
Home Theater
Some that I forgot and others waiting for retirement

Golfing
Photography
Photo-Shop-ing above photos
Gardening
Biking
Fan Fiction Writing

Plus -- making dollhouses and miniature furniture.

And my most recently acquired hobby is 'Algered Books' -- which is scrapbooking taken to a more artsy-fartsy level. I am currenly working on making graphic journals of every trip I have taken since 1984.

Polynesian dancing (teaching and performing)
Tap dancing
Geocaching
Swimming

As of June 1st, full-time RV'ing, camping, travelling

Archery (non-hunting)

Reading

Golf
Playing guitar
Riding my motorcycle
Reading
Walking
Wasting time on internet boards
Making and consuming good martinis, after 5 PM of course
Being active in nieghborhood activities
Half assed photog
Working part time during tax season for H&R Block

Last edited:
Surfing (the waves and the Internet)
Taekwondo
Writing
Reading
Home improvement

hiking, biking, running
woodworking
brewing
antique maps
boating
travel
computers/tech stuff
cooking coming soon
reading enough to support other hobbies

My latest hobby (if you can call it that :)) is ordering stuff from Amazon and the tracking the delivery online. When I get something that I see travels across the country, I go "cool".

In 2012, I plan on exercising again (nothing big, just a stationary bike and resistance machine at home). But as 2012 approaches, my mind is already getting lazy. I have to tell myself, it's getting started again that is the most difficult part.

Working out (yoga, pilates, water aerobics, Zumba, weights, kickboxing, step)
Reading
Surfing online
Cooking
Socializing

Mostly I enjoy visiting my Grand Kids.
Car shows and car auctions, I like original unrestored muscle cars the best.
Listening to oldies.
Reading the ER forum.
Reading in general.
Doing nothing.

Haven't seen anything here that appeals to me. I would have liked target shooting but I have hand tremors so no telling who or what I would hit. Like many of you I spend a lot of time on financial sites and reading. I want to learn how to play blues harmonica but there is no one in my area that teaches it. I don't know if you'd call it a hobby but I am going to take meditation instruction when the next class starts. Guess I'll have to stick with what I'm doing for now.

We started doing a jigsaw puzzle but with 6 cats in the house we bought a puzzle table that closes up so the cats can't get at it which means it's not just laying there for me to do it for a little while when the spirit moves me.

Back
Top Bottom