What Movies/Videos Have You Seen Lately?

Just saw Jersey Boys since the GF wanted to see it. It was a good movie. Cinematography good. Well directed. Clint Eastwood was the director. I'm not a big fan of The Four Seasons (the main characters) but I liked the movie anyway. Good acting. Good story line. You see the behind-the-scenes drama of the music biz, personality clashes, power struggles, huge debts owed, etc.

Saw gravity on TV. DW and I found it somewhere between boring (DW) and OK (me). Probably an awesome picture on a huge screen, preferably 3D. IMAX 3D shots of earth viewed from space could be the next best thing to actually being in space.

Saw Chef in the cinema. Very funny and entertaining. I felt so hungry and in need of good food after the movie!

Finally saw "Pacific Rim" (big scifi fan). Much more entertaining than I thought it would be. I really liked the government thinking implied by the back-up plan for containing the "godzilla" sized monsters - build a huge wall around the Pacific Ocean.

Finally saw "Enders Game" - Well paced and made, good plot (I liked the books also).

"Godzilla" - Excellent kaiju, nice plot. My only complaint was that the movie was so (literally) dark I often had trouble making out the details.

LAURA starring Gene Tierney, Dana Andrews and Clifton Webb.

I love this movie,

We caught the second half of Random Harvest with Greer Garson and Ronald Colman. "Oh, Smithy!"

We also watched another Vera on Amazon Prime. Pacing ourselves though that series, just love it.

And I believe a new episode of Last Tango in Halifax is on PBS tonight? One of the actors in that was in the Vera episode we saw last night.

Just saw Lucy yesterday. It was interesting. The ending was kind of a so what. I think the premise was incorrect ie. that we only use 10% of our brain. I've read it's not true.
I prefer seeing films on the big screen.

Can't believe my luck. I like to check out local pawn shops for DVDs and this morning I found a copy of the original "Sleuth" movie with Michael Caine and Sir Lawrence Olivier. I have been looking for it for some time and it only cost me $3.00. An amazing movie, the first time I saw it the movie was almost over before I realized there were only 2 people in it. Will be watching it tonight.

We don't go to the theatre often but we saw "And so it goes" and thoroughly enjoyed it. Rob Reiner is both director and a supporting actor. Both funny and poignant. Highly recommended.

This is on Amazon Prime, for you who have it. "Frozen Ground". It stars Nickolas Cage and John Cusack. It is a movie based on the true story of a serial killer in Alaska. It was very well done I thought, and built up the momentum to an exciting finish.

Heaven Is For Real: a true story set in Nebraska in 2004. Greg Kinnear does a fine job portraying a Methodist minister grappling with his 4-year-old's claim of visiting heaven.

Not cheesy, buy engaging and inspiring.

Plus, the little boy who plays the lead is not a professional actor. He's from Macedonia, OH (next door to my town). He plays his part with refreshing innocence.

A fun movie!

Back
Top Bottom