"What Not To Wear" in the surfer's lineup...

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
I have a lot of catch-up to do in the next couple weeks, but this article is just begging for attention to an inevitable problem.

I'm not sure how I'm going to react when I encounter it, but I think this type of behavior is just begging for an order from the rest of the group to paddle in and to not come back out until you're ready to surf...

http://starbulletin.com/2007/03/09/business/story02.html

That's awful!!

I'm trying to amplify on that but I'm practically sputtering. A person ought to be able to get away from calls from their work SOMEWHERE..... !!!!

I never did understand the need to be "in touch". I have always told my boss when I'm on vacation don't call, and usually was somewhere where they could get a hold of me if they had to.
Leave your work and work people :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

USK Coastie said:
I never did understand the need to be "in touch". I have always told my boss when I'm on vacation don't call, and usually was somewhere where they could get a hold of me if they had to.
Leave your work and work people :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

When I was still hitched to the plow, I always made myself unavailable for work issues while on vacation. However, I used my cell phone, email, etc., to allow myself to be away from the office while technically "on duty." For example, I saw my son play in a lot of soccer games thanks to being available for customer calls via my cell phone while others stayed behind in their cubes waiting for the phone to ring. Sure, I frequently missed ten or twenty minutes of the game due to business calls, but much better than sitting in the office.

I thought for a moment the water droplet on the lens was purposefully blurring out where the phoneholder was inserted. :eek:

I am speechless. Of course, there have been other inventions that seem preposterous in my view only to actually take the country by storm. I am not good at recognizing the next best, must gotta have seller.

Back
Top Bottom