What olympic sport would you be in ?

Moemg

Gone but not forgotten
I asked this in 2010 and we had fun so I thought I would repeat it .If you had to pick what would be your winter olympic sport ?

Mine would be the luge !

When I was a little girl I dreamed of being a figure skater. It didn't help that there were no ice rinks where I lived.

Watching the moguls makes me think that all of those athletes are destined to have severe osteoarthritis of the knees by the time they are 40.

Not ice dancing. Alpine skiing looks great to me, too bad I'm a klutz on skis even when I was young enough.

Mine would be The ski jump. I've mastered it on my Wii!

I only learned of skeleton watching the last Olympics but it looks to cool to believe. Would love to try it. Luge would be my second choice.

Definitely alpine skiing for me. Then it gets hard. I love the bumps, but slalom would be fun other than constantly whacking gates.

But I think ski cross is a hoot so that would be my discipline. I recall racing with friends down trails in college that was similar to ski cross. Rounded a corner one time at high speed and a snow cat was grooming the trail so had to take evasive action. Close call.

I like downhill and slalom (I used to be pretty good at both).

I only learned of skeleton watching the last Olympics but it looks to cool to believe. Would love to try it. Luge would be my second choice.

Skeleton. It's just crazy.
Didn't know this and I would have guessed the opposite since skeleton is head first (yipes)...
1. The luge sled is a longer sled that has curved edges, whereas the skeleton sled is much heavier.
2. Luge is a feet first, face-up sport, whereas skeleton is a head first, face down sliding sport.
3. Skeleton is a much safer sport compared to luge.

...note that both sled types don’t employ the use of brakes. Hence, it’s really very difficult to guarantee the rider’s safety from being smashed against the cold solid ice at speeds of 85mph or greater.

Difference Between Luge and Skeleton | Difference Between | Luge vs Skeleton

I still like downhill but slopestyle looked pretty cool.

Cross country skiing, most definitely. It's the only Winter Games sport that fits my background of running marathons. It's overlooked in the U.S. since there's no way to put together a splashy 30 second highlight reel of dramatic moments in a race, but I do remember the days when Bill Koch was a star. Looking back at the records, I see that he's still the only American to win an Olympic medal in the sport.

What I like most about endurance events like cross country skiing is that there is only a very little luck involved in the outcome. In figure skating you can nail your jumps time after time in practice and still mess up a landing in competition. In cross country skiing, the person with the most stamina is going to win almost all the time.

Last edited:
It's a tossup between the luge/bobsled and curling (being a shuffleboard fan).

I think I would metal in the luge. As I sit in my recliner I have noticed that I am pretty good at pointing my toes together....the tv coverage always mentions the toes.:LOL:

Last edited:
Has to be Hockey. Its the only winter sport (I think) that you can play professionally, earn a hefty paycheck outside of the Olympics and RE! Granted you may not have all of your teeth when you are done.....

images

Has to be Hockey. Its the only winter sport (I think) that you can play professionally, earn a hefty paycheck outside of the Olympics and RE! Granted you may not have all of your teeth when you are done.....

images

But then you have this option !

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    46 KB · Views: 90
Women's beach volleyball...

Imagine my horror & confusion when someone told me last year that they have men's beach volleyball........."Why would they do that?" I asked.

Ice Hockey for me. I can shoot the puck and fight, but stopping and skating backwards would be tough.

Luge - I have my own track that I've been practicing on for the past couple of months

Attachments

• 02122014 driveway2.jpg
    02122014 driveway2.jpg
    963.3 KB · Views: 9
Woman beach Volleyball has always been my favorite sport to fantasy playing. But I guess they can't play it in the snow.

Bobsled, and ski jumping would be my choices. In my case ski jumping would be more or less a suicide jumping, but it would fun.

Were I a bit younger... perhaps pairs ice skating, IF I could find the right partner.

Attachments

• Gold.jpg
    Gold.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom