What You Tube Channels Do You Subscribe To?

Golden sunsets

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
OK. I admit I probably engage in too much screen time, but I've become addicted to certain You Tube Channels. What are your favorite channels?

Here are mine, but I'm looking for knew channels.

Lifestyle/Travel

Sailing LaVagabonde
Sailing Uma
Sailing Magic Carpet
Foxes Afloat
Cruising the Cut
Gone With The Wynns
Sailing Delos
Nicki Positano
Chateau Diaries

Cooking

Not Another Cooking Show
Pressure Luck Cooking
Happy Wok
Flo Lum
Souped Up Recipes
Lana Under Pressure

Personal Finance

Playing With Fire

Other

The List

Last edited:
I have stated this before, but I like the channel Bald and bankrupt. Mr. bald is quite the character. He can make things that have been overlooked in the world and bring it to life. He just has something, I am not sure what it is , but people can't get enough of it.

Last edited:
I've never watched youtube much, but have been watching some Covid channels:

Drbeen Medical Lectures
Dr. John Campbell
Whiteboard Doctor
HIBBERD HEALTH Dr Jennifer Hibberd
TrialSite News
MedCram - Medical Lectures Explained CLEARLY
Paul Marik
Medlife Crisis

A few health/wellness channels:
FoundMyFitness
ZOE
Zero

I've never watched youtube much, but have been watching some Covid channels:

Drbeen Medical Lectures
Dr. John Campbell
Whiteboard Doctor
HIBBERD HEALTH Dr Jennifer Hibberd
TrialSite News
MedCram - Medical Lectures Explained CLEARLY
Paul Marik
Medlife Crisis

A few health/wellness channels:
FoundMyFitness
ZOE
Zero
What feed do you watch Covid channels on?

I have stated this before, but I like the channel Bald and bankrupt. Mr. bald is quite the character. He can make things that have been overlooked in the world and bring it to life. He just has something, I am not sure what it is , but people can't get enough of it.

Benjamin is quite the card. Make sure you subscribe to his new channel as well the "Daily Bald". He seems to be uploading more to it lately.

I subscribe to 76 Utube channels apparently. Far to many to list.

Mostly woodworking, DIY, documentaries and history channels.

I think I belong to 30 or so. Going to list just a few....

Digital Trends - a reviewer of tv's, phones, soundbars etc
HSCC - Australian cover band
RVer TV - full time rving
My Self Reliance - a Canadian man living in nature with his golden retriever
Spirit Forest - a Colorado girl enjoying the mountains with her daughters
Rick Shield Golf - equipment reviewer

Here’s mine:

Attachments

• A5A862D6-C8DC-4876-BAB2-641D651A46E2.jpeg
    A5A862D6-C8DC-4876-BAB2-641D651A46E2.jpeg
    225.2 KB · Views: 122
TWIV This Week in Virology (although much goes over my head)

Nick Zinter's various programs, he is a geology professor at Central Washington University. He has a series this last term GEOL 101 that focuses on NW geology. He also produced Nick Zenter- Earthquakes: Will Everything West of I-5 Really Be Toast?" for an audience of auditing seniors.

I have a bunch. And I watch YouTube videos probably 90% of my tv time.

Matt's Off Road Recovery
Fab Rats
Last Line of Defense
Millenial Farmer
Cole the Cornstar
Venture4WD
TrailRecon
Peter McKinnon
Casey Neistat
My Self Reliance
and many more.

I used to watch a backpacking channel called Trekking On but he stopped making videos.

Sometimes I still watch Bushwhacking Fool but the sound quality is poor and he doesn't come across anything interesting often enough. I like exploration as long as there's some discovery involved, or at least an interesting obstacle.

I went through an AvE phase - about tools and engineering. Still a little interested but it's not recommended to me anymore and I have to search for it.

I used to watch The Action Lab with a Chemical Engineer doing experiments but I think he's wrong a little too often, or his explanations aren't so great.

The videos I currently watch most regularly are strictly for entertainment, like Daily Dose of Internet, arm wrestling, Squirmy and Grubs (an "inter-abled" couple), Dr. Pimple Popper, and a guy who opens old food. Sometimes Jay Leno's Garage but it's not recommended to me anymore for some reason.

I miss Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee and Billy on the Street.

I find it amazing how well produced some of these channels are. Many days I go down the rabbit hole following the side bar suggested shows.

I think the channel outlet is a wonderful disruptive change to how an individual can reach an audience.

I originally started and continue to use You Tube to find an answer to a question or a how to video and still find that very useful, but the channels are a further find that feature creative content that some of these folks would never be able to otherwise get to a mass audience.

I find it amazing how well produced some of these channels are. Many days I go down the rabbit hole following the side bar suggested shows.
Most of my peers still think YouTube is nothing but cats playing toy pianos. They don’t realize how much truly top quality serial content is there nowadays. Same people who haven’t figured out how to do an online search... :facepalm:

Several channels on radio control models of course, and a couple on small engine repair and maintenance, like Donyboy73 and Steve's Small Engine Saloon. The History Guy's channel is interesting if you like snippets of history ~15 minutes long. Several documentary/history channels, some old TV shows like The Twilight Zone and The Silent Service, a 1950's series about WWII submarines, all of them true stories, and of course the TV series Twelve O'clock High. I've seen all of those shows a couple of times. Some science fiction shows too, like Science Fiction Theater. Some of those were terrific back then I thought, a bit hokey now.

I have a bunch. And I watch YouTube videos probably 90% of my tv time.

Matt's Off Road Recovery
Fab Rats
Last Line of Defense
Millenial Farmer
Cole the Cornstar
Venture4WD
TrailRecon
Peter McKinnon
Casey Neistat
My Self Reliance
and many more.

We watch quite a few channels that you watch...we gave up on MF as he has basically turned into an add for machinery dealers. MF lives about 50 miles North of us. We are more like CTC farmers anyway. I can highly recommend Farming with Duffy AG. Also Our Wyoming Life, a beef cow operation.

We are really enjoying a trucker.. Riding Shotgun, it covers a ton of Western roads we drive on during our pre-Covid snow bird trips. Lots of scenery probably covers some roads you trekked on in your PHX snowbird days.

Last edited:
Also, if anybody wants to follow SpaceX rocket ship launches, try.. What About It.., he's a rocket scientist based in Germany and does amazing live stream commentary as it happens.

OK. I admit I probably engage in too much screen time, but I've become addicted to certain You Tube Channels. What are your favorite channels?

None.

I don't subscribe to anything on that website. It definitely seems to be addictive to some people. They just go from one video to another to some random video and they tell me it can go on for hours.
That's why I pretty much refuse to watch YT videos. If I have to for my j*b then I will only do so in a private or incognito window so I do not end up with any 'history' on that site.

But I'm also that guy that doesn't own a cell phone and doesn't want one. :cool:

Some of my favorites:

Ascension Presents - religious
Company Man - short history of well known companies
Geography King - mostly US geography facts & his opinions
My Classic Car - classic car owner interviews
Silver Cymbal - home improvement
The History Guy - more obscure history
The Honest Carpenter - tools and working with wood
Undecided with Matt Ferrell - current technology for the home

Many others of similar topics.

None.

I don't subscribe to anything on that website. It definitely seems to be addictive to some people. They just go from one video to another to some random video and they tell me it can go on for hours.
That's why I pretty much refuse to watch YT videos. If I have to for my j*b then I will only do so in a private or incognito window so I do not end up with any 'history' on that site.

But I'm also that guy that doesn't own a cell phone and doesn't want one. :cool:

Do you want us to convince you to watch or to convince us not to watch. Cause I'm not certain why you even clicked on this thread.

Do you want us to convince you to watch or to convince us not to watch. Cause I'm not certain why you even clicked on this thread.

Bragging?

I don't watch a lot, some I check out occasionally are:

- Shawstrength, World's Strongest Man Brian Shaw
- Rick Beato, producer, musician
- HomeRenovison DIY, retired contractor, has lots of DIY tips
- Matt Risinger, contractor, home builder
- Shutup & Play, guitar tutorials
- Constantine Isslamow, bass player, over 1000 tutorial videos

Some of these sound interesting. I mostly watch how to videos on YouTube, I recently got an iPad mini and have been following Procreate drawing tutorials from James Julier Art Tutorials.

Some of these sound interesting. I mostly watch how to videos on YouTube, I recently got an iPad mini and have been following Procreate drawing tutorials from James Julier Art Tutorials.
+1. I have fixed all sorts of things around the house that I never could have before YouTube how-to videos. Saves quite a bit $$$ and very satisfying. Impresses DW too, even though she’s fully aware I’m using YouTube to do it - I guess she’s surprised I know how to use tools! :D

And just as important, it also tells me in advance when I’d be over my head trying to fix something, and therefore when I should call a pro.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom