What's your Poison (Liquor) of Choice these days??

"Besides, I'd rather spend the calories on seafood gumbo, shrimp creole, and fresh French bread..." from want2retire

Now you're talking real food. If only we could get the real cajun cookin' up here in the north.

Last edited:
Single malt scotch
tequilla
B&B
and of course beer!

I do not drink.

But I would prefer a tall drink of water with bedroom eyes and a nice personality.

Oh, I forgot I already found her Mrs Wags (a short drink of water with a nice personality plus she is one hell of a cook).

GOD BLESS:angel:

"Besides, I'd rather spend the calories on seafood gumbo, shrimp creole, and fresh French bread..." from want2retire

Now you're talking real food. If only we could get the real cajun cookin' up here in the north.

The world gets smaller every day... keep looking and some day, I'm sure you'll find it! :D

We had some Sicilian fare in Springfield, Missouri. It wasn't great, but hey, it was food and it was Sicilian.

A pint of Guinness paired up with a shot of Jameson to sip.
mmmmm......Delicious!

I generally have those ingredients in stock, Thanks now I will try them together.

Wines: Petite Syrah, Merlot, beginning to appreciate the Cabs in my old age
Beers: Widemir, Pryamid, Blue Moon in the Wheat Beers, Love Guinness Extra Stout, Spatten Opinator, for when I drift to the "Dark Side"
Hardstuff: Single Malt Scotch, and more often with DW: Drambuie Rocks:cool::smitten:

I do not drink.

But I would prefer a tall drink of water with bedroom eyes and a nice personality.

I dated several of those, but married one who is similar to Mrs. Wags, without the cooking part........:)

Three fingers of Jack Daniel's (or, John Daniel's "when you know him as well as I do"~ Al Pacino " Scent of a Woman") and one finger of tap water with 1/4 of a Key lime on the rocks.

Keep 'um comin....

"Bring us a round every ten minutes until it looks like we're ready to pass out.

Then bring 'em every five minutes."

I love a good Australian Shiraz.

Hmmmm... Well, if it's brown liquor, it's Woodford Reserve bourbon with a little water and ice. If its' beer, it's Bass Ale. If it's wine, a good shiraz will do.

Mostly, though, I'd prefer beer, and one of the darker, hoppier pale ales, of which there are many. Bud, Bud lite, Miller, Miller lite, Coors, stuff like that, I'm not a big enough drinker that I have to drink them, so if there's nothing else, I don't. If that makes me a beer snob, then so be it. I don't drink more than two at a time, anyway....

Can't go wrong with a gin & tonic!

Also love beer - Yuengling, Stella Artois are my favorites

When in the tropics/at the beach, gotta have my foo-foo drinks...pina colada's, etc.

Margarita's on the rocks...mmmm.....mmmm.....good!

And my friend's DH makes the best cosmo's!

Mostly beer, but I like variety

With the season, mudslide, egg nog with bourbon, irish cream coffee, hot buttered rum, and cognac.

Man chugs liter of vodka in airport security line

Okay fess up who was it ?

NOT I... Not a man :duh: and not a vodka fan!

Much prefer a nice Canadian or Cognac... Unless sipping a flavorful red wine from South America or Australia

Jim makes me feel like a rock star.

My favorite, though, is Gin and tonic, but the wife says I get "mean" when I drink gin, so it is banned from my repertoire.

I am probably the only one answering this after a hard night of partying. Work party at the museum of natural history under that giant whale in NYC. It's good to be in a profitable company :)

Olav you're not alone. Just slugged down my share of mostly Chilean Merlot. And a Napa Cabernet. And some other red wines.

My poison of choice... red, red wine.

If drinking beer I'll take a bitter IPA please.

Beer fan here.

Tequila - Most expensive Anejos 100% Blue Agave. Good mid-level is Don Julio anejo. To be taken neat... sip it.

For Bourbon Whiskey, Makers Mark is hard to beat. To be taken neat... sip it.

But I especially like Crown Royal... hand down, the best blended Whiskey available. Nectar from the Canucks. To be taken neat or with ice... sip it.

For a mixed drink.... Margaritas are good. I usually have Stoli (vodka) with tonic water, ice, and a twist of lime. ;)

Jim makes me feel like a rock star.

Funny, that's how I feel after downing a hearty glass of skim milk. :duh:

Seriously, it amazes me how many here on the ER forum drink. I don't drink, Frank doesn't drink, and at the moment I can't think of any of my colleagues who drink. The last person I saw drinking an alcoholic beverage was Frank's father, and he passed away last Easter. I thought drinking was about as passe as smoking these days.

But I especially like Crown Royal... hand down, the best blended Whiskey available. Nectar from the Canucks. To be taken neat or with ice... sip it.

That's about my fave Canuck whiskey. A few years ago while on a business trip to Toronto and wondering what to do with my remaining CAD, I happened across a bottle of Crown Royal Reserve in the duty free shop. Amazing stuff.

Back
Top Bottom