What's your Poison (Liquor) of Choice these days??

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Me:

Tanqueray and Tonic (almost anytime)

Baileys on the rocks (holidays,my form of egg nog)

Jack Daniels on the rocks.

Ha

Black Velvet Canadian with 3 shakes of Angostura Bitters and Pepsi. Working down the trunkload of cheap booze we drove home from California. Closing in on my annual "no alcohol at all during the month of January" hiatus from drinking.

Bourbon. Basil-Hayden. On the rocks, maybe a twist.

Young'ns don't seem to drink this stuff, but I got hooked on Bourbon while living in Virginia at an "impressionable" age.

Southern Comfort; but only for Solstice.

Rest of the year: low-priced wine.

Before dinner make mine a "deep dish olive pie" and later in the evening make it a "rusty nail".

Bloody Caesar - vodka, clamato and all measure of spicy additions: horseradish worchester, hot sauce, hot salsa.

Capt Morgan spiced rum and coke or pineapple juice
Jack Daniels and 7up or ginger ale
Canadian Club and " or "
Baileys on the rocks
Killian's Irish Red when I want a beer

Coming up on cold weather drink time:
Dom B&B
Schnaps (cinnamon or peppermint usually, not brand loyal)

Wild Turkey and rocks, when I think I can spring for it. Otherwise, a lesser brand with water or club soda.

I'd rather be sober. I don't drink.

I'm not alcoholic (as far as I know), but I've been around enough of them that I don't want to mess with it.

Besides, I'd rather spend the calories on seafood gumbo, shrimp creole, and fresh French bread... with water to drink.

Allergic to alcohol so it is a poison. Drink koolaid.

When I need one or two cold ones, it's Yuengling. Grocery store has it 14.99 for a 24 pack. Not bad!

When I need something a little, ahem, stronger, it's Beam or Jack and gingerale.

Beer, I love beer! My faves are Shiner Bock and just about any of the Pale Ales, like Flying Dog. I'll also drink Seven and Seven if there's an open bar at a party.

Green Tea
I've just replaced my daily lunch soda for iced green tea last week, after reading more and more about the health benefits. My previous experience was with a hot green tea that I didn't like, but I'm going to experiment with different kinds of those too. My daughter loves it in either form.

Lessee, in keeping with this thread, I suppose vodka would mix well with it? :D

Me and my friend Jim

Bourbon. Basil-Hayden. On the rocks, maybe a twist.

Young'ns don't seem to drink this stuff, but I got hooked on Bourbon while living in Virginia at an "impressionable" age.

This here young'un (at 34 i'm still kind of young) has spent a lot of his life in the company of Jim (not Jack. he's kind of rough). But now at the office (after 5, i swear) prefer sipping Woodford Reserve or Bookers. It keeps those cold Toronto winters at bay.

Beer, I love beer! My faves are Shiner Bock and just about any of the Pale Ales, like Flying Dog. I'll also drink Seven and Seven if there's an open bar at a party.

Try a Belgian beer called Duvel sometime.....trust me, you will be hooked:

I like Fat Tire and Sierra Nevada ale also..........

Makers Mark on the rocks, the big glass with a twist of lime.

Better yet. Fresh sqeezed lime juice about 1 1/2 oz 1 1/2 oz grand manier and 2 1/2 oz of Cabo Wabo tequila. Put it all in a shaker with a big handfull of ice cubes give it 30 good shakes pour into a tumbler a twist of lime and enjoy. Have 2 and stay put!

Back
Top Bottom