Where Are They Now?

That's utterly adorable!! :LOL:

I would imagine that if forums really DID disappear, then those of us who love to write a lot on forums would probably continue to write a lot, only on some other type of venue. My guess is that that is what happened with most former Usenet habitués (like me) when Usenet lost its popularity. Personally I'm no fan of Twitter due to the limitation on message size.

so has talk back radio disappeared yet :confused:

i think the content quality , and member usefulness will be the deciding factors.

PS i do not have Facebook , Twitter or Linkedin accounts ( nor any of their close rivals )

this forum might become a dinosaur , but a living oddity , rather than a ghost from the past

I would imagine that if forums really DID disappear, then those of us who love to write a lot on forums would probably continue to write a lot, only on some other type of venue. My guess is that that is what happened with most former Usenet habitués (like me) when Usenet lost its popularity. Personally I'm no fan of Twitter due to the limitation on message size.
I was a Usenet fan. I discovered it in the early 90s and absolutely loved the rec.windsurfing group. The technology moved on and rec.windsurfing eventually migrated to a Yahoo group and sort of died off. I think the major reason for it's demise was a loss of interest in windsurfing, rather than a change in technology. Seems like there is a never-ending supply of newbies interested in ER so maybe we have a future even as technology changes.

Back
Top Bottom