Where have we been?

F M All

Recycles dryer sheets
Some of the regulars here may have a noticed a gap in posting by DW (jj) and me. I think the time has come to stop lurking and come clean. Well, just between us, and please don't spread this too far, we have some news that brings together a few of the common threads here.

What to do in retirement?
How close do you want to live to your grandkids?
Healthcare - paying for it and getting proper care (don't get jj started on either of these!!)
How do you save for college costs?

etc.etc. including the answers to some of the more intimate questions posed here!

Answer:- Have another child!

What to do in retirement? We have been busy and as a result will be even busier! At 52 and 48 we are beginning to doubt that wisdom increases with age, this is a young person's sport! Our DiLithium crystals may already be drained!!!

How close do you want to live to your grandkids? Don't bother, make your own (our eldest is off to college in the fall so this is like a second family)

Healthcare - paying for it and getting proper care. Seems like we need to continue with full cover from ex Megacorp at $$$$$$$$ pa. If we had waited would Medicare have covered the cost:confused: Also, the need to fight off American doctors who do not recognise that childbirth and early growth don't always need their intervention, interference help.

How do you save for college costs? We'll be paying more attention to these threads in future, might get it right this time!

Anyway, that is our news, we expect a little American girl on or about Independence Day (to join 2 boys born in England and a boy born in The Netherlands).

Congratulations to you and jj! We will need baby pics when the time comes!

Yes, congratulations from me also. I can imagine that you are full of joy, after getting over the knock me down on the floor and hit me with a hammer phase of shock.

I have had several friends who were late babies, and they all describe unusual love and tolerance being directed their way as they grew up.

And as you say, it totally obliterates all the “How will I spend my time, should I go to Thailand, should I be pretty, should I be rich questions. Que sera baby! :)

Ha

Wow, congratulations!

I'm 49 and have 16 and 14 year olds but can't comprehend having another one.

Sounds like the dilithium crystals still have some life ;)

MB

Yes Congrat's, but at 58 I sort of like the kids that go home at the end of the day. :D

Congratulations!

My Dad was 50 when I was born and there are a lot of advantages to having older parents.

Keep us posted !

Congratulations :) Babies sure do change things in a hurry.

Congratulation .This also answers the question How do I get regular exercise in retirement ??

Congratulations from me also! I hope that JJ is doing well. Life can be interesting at times. My children are 10 1/2 yrs apart and was almost 2 separate families. I am sure that you will have some great stories for us.

Back
Top Bottom