Where's John Galt

I'm sure he'll be glad to know he is missed.

I think I saw him post that he was heading off to Texas.

Oh Duh, you're probably right on that. Thanks guys. I always fear the worst.....

John Galt was last seen in a central Texas convenience store with a large caliber handgun pointed at the clerk.

It seems that to maintain his no stocks SWR, he decided to try armed robbery. And why not? You only need an hour or two a month to plan and impliment this most tax efficient strategy.

John Galt was last seen in a central Texas convenience store with a large caliber handgun pointed at the clerk.

It seems that to maintain his no stocks SWR, he decided to try armed robbery. And why not? You only need an hour or two a month to plan and impliment this most tax efficient strategy.
And if he gets caught, free food, housing and medical care for years & years...

REW

And if he gets caught, free food, housing and medical care for years & years... REW

Yes, like the typical businessman he is:

Use other people's money as much as spossible
In case of failure: Pass the cost along to someone else. Socialize costs by taking advantage of Government bailouts.

Yes, like the typical businessman he is:

Use other people's money as much as spossible
In case of failure: Pass the cost along to someone else. Socialize costs by taking advantage of Government bailouts.
Sorry guys, the problem with this theory about John Galt is that although he might consider this strategy, he is smarter than to try it in Texas. Surely there are several states that are much more likely to be lenient. :D

I believe the correct term is "Who is John Galt"....

He may have been unable to get back north past the Texas border so as to return to the United States, as I hear the Department of Homeland security is starting to crack down on the illegal border traffic....

Let the rest of the country beware - "Winter Texan" is a movement - they had their own newspaper when we were RVing in those parts. San Antonio and Corpus were nice - Houston and Dallas pulling a camper in the rush hour - exciting!

I used to have family in Dallas and found driving anything, anytime there was exciting, esp. on the Interstates. We called it the Dallas school of aggressive driving.

And if he gets caught, free food, housing and medical care for years & years...

REW

Ah yes, the "baguette and one way ticket to switzerland" ER gambit. Not to be confused with the "chalupa at a taco bell" manuever.

Surely there are several states that are much more likely to be lenient.   :D

Probly with all them thar Libs up CutThroat's way in Minnesota. Who would chase you when it's so cold, anyway?

Anyone read the book "A Simple Plan" about the brothers who found the downed plan in the winter in MN?

Judy

Judy:  Great book, so-so movie.  It was one of those books I couldn't put down...kept saying "oh, no..this can't be happening".  

But not as good as Atlas Shrugged, which I really have read at least twice...I'm not a groupy but I do think it is an interesting book.  Wrote a paper on it in business school...can't even remember why but got a good grade is all I remember!  

I have to confess on the second read through I did skim the huge John Galt speech.  I hope he is not offended.

Hello kayelem.............John Galt is not easily offended.
You could ask Mrs. Galt :) Anyway, the last 4 or 5
times I read A.S., even I skimmed my speech.
Usually I love reviewing my own stuff, but I could
have cut it back a little :)

JG

That's John

Modest to fault - or something like that. How's Texas -hit 72 in New Orleans today - cold front tomorrow - may dip below 50.

Hello unclemick...............I am quite certain that Texas
is lovely. I am back in Illinois where it is +1 with a lot
of snow laying around. Bah humbug!

JG

Hello unclemick...............I am quite certain that Texas
is lovely.  I am back in Illinois where it is +1 with a lot
of snow laying around.  Bah humbug!

JG

-12F here (Niagara Penninsula Ontario) I had to go out my front door because the snowbank tthat is burying my car also blocked the back door. Oh well at least I did not have to crawl out the upstairs window onto the snow.

Coffees done back outside

Bruce

-12 F, Yikes!

A good day to watch football. May make 50 F by parade time - the surburban Mardi Gras parades have started.

Rather than drive twenty miles - think I'll watch football - don't have any real fav.'s - except maybe hope the 'dirty birds' lose - Atlanta is New Orleans arch rival.

The high today here is 16! A high of 50 sounds alot better!!

If you don't have any favorites for football today, then root for the Steelers!!!! I am afraid they are going to need a lot of rooting, if they don't play better than last week!

Dreamer

Back
Top Bottom