Who Has Met Whom?

Laurence said:
Actually, maybe since my first two real-person meet ups went so well, I wanted to have an ER board convention! I figured next February, when most everyone is still plowing snow and I'm firing up the BBQ I could have a bunch of you all over for steaks and some local brews. CFB can treat us to some culinary delights, C-T can bring some choice wines, I'll have the kegerator and fooseball table ready to go, jacuzzi fired up, and we can all talk about the sacrifices of LBYM! :LOL:

Funny thing, I was just commenting to the DW how interesting it would be to match the real-world people with their online characters. I have done this once before with a BMW motorcycle crowd, and it was frightening how close their forum personalities matched their real ones. Appearances? That's a whole other story.

Anyhow, if such a get-together should ever occur, I'm in.

I haven't met anyone from this group, but I have met a couple of people from the online world. Usually, I'm not too excited about it. I met my husband online. We chatted for a couple of months before meeting in person almost 5 years ago, and we've been together ever since.

somewhere between the all too many creeps i've met from online, i have managed to make contact with some pretty wonderful people.

in a m4m chatroom i ran into my old college roommate from 20 years earlier. we were both in the closet at the time, neither knowing the other was gay. there was something about the screenname that was familiar, part his name and it had an md in it. my roomy was premed at the time. he freaked out when i started asking him questions about school and didn't know yet who i was. was very fun getting reacquainted.

another time in another chat room i ran into the grandson of an extremely famous singer who's grandfather was a friend & colleague of one of my uncles. it is a very small cyberworld.

but the best online real-time person i ever met was a guy who became my best friend for 10 years. he was in calif, i was in florida. there was no other way we would have known each other. we met in a spiritual m4m chat room. what an amazing guy. we were planning to sail the world together but then he died of major heart attack. he once said to me he'd rather be dead than give up his martinis & cigarettes. second buddy i lost to drug abuse.

now i won't even give the time of day to someone who's still on self-destruct. they are no longer on my watch. even if they are on my computer. delete.

ESRBob said:
Calfornia Dreamer --
Definitely enjoyed seeing you at that book signing in SF. You are normally in San Diego, though right? Free Lunch? Sure, sign me up! I'll let you know next time I'm in San Diego, though don't have immediate plans. I will say last time we were out there, I really liked La Jolla, and the kids were crazy about LegoLand (something about being able to drive those little cars around without parental supervision-- can hardly wait until they're 16... :p)

Yep, I'm in San Diego but I get around CA a good bit for work, especially So Cal.  So if you're going to be in the vicinity (or, heck, even in the state) lemme know and lunch is on me.  I do know a great place in La Jolla with a view and great fish tacos. 

As for the kids, just get them behind the wheel on "the 405" in LA  :p... that'll cure them of any desire to drive.

The Suns are going to be in town tomorrow evening. I'd be happy to meet anyone from the board at the game. Of course you'll have to buy me a ticket. I couldn't get a decent one. :D :D :D :D

In a week, I'm going to be in San Francisco. I'll be there a week if anyone has tickets to a Giants game.

The week after that, I'll be in South Dakota. . . Never mind. There's nothing we can do together in South Dakota -- even if you pay. :LOL: :LOL:

if there is a convention i would consider coming accross the atlantic, long way though but would love to come and meet you all

I just looked up "things to do in south dakota" and saw a couple of guys I thought you might be interested in... :LOL: ;)

Back
Top Bottom