Who IS Retired On This ER Forum Anyway

Are You There...Semi There...Getting Close...Getting It Together...Or Laying The Foundation...

• Full-Retired

Votes: 50 39.4%
  • Semi-Retired

Votes: 14 11.0%
  • Working

Votes: 63 49.6%

• Total voters
Fully retired August 2002, 5 years ahead of schedule. Did not have adequate equity to FIRE but so far have managed superior portfolio returns and have grown it by 10% after expenses.

Expenses have dropped by 20% compared to our planning number. Primarily due to:
1) Reduced clothing expenses
2) No employment expenses, e.g. clothes, lunches, coffees
3) Reduced car/transit expenses
4) Flying on points
5) Selected home swaps
6) Travelling when prices are best (sometimes)
7) More time for intelligent shopping
8) Buying less "stuff"

Mountain_Mike said:
If I were retired, I'd be out having fun, living, and would be no where near a friggin computer.
LOL! I'm out having fun, living, and enjoying using my computer a lot!

Audrey

HI,

DW is retired as of 2:30 today.

I'm working about 15-20 hours a week now and have 32 days of work left.

Yippeee :D

God Bless Ammerica

Wally

Still working... :'(

Retirement date unknown; at least three years, but less than ten (at 62)...

wallygator69 said:
I'm working about 15-20 hours a week now and have 32 days of work left.
Congratulations to you & spouse, Wally, but I'm curious-- what are you gonna do with that avatar in 32 days?

Congratulations wally, youbet, AltaRed and dreamer on your recent graduation to retirement...did I miss anyone else who managed to break loose in 2006?

Nords said:
Congratulations to you & spouse, Wally, but I'm curious-- what are you gonna do with that avatar in 32 days?

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm betting DW won't let me do anything with it. ::)

Kinda bummed that it doesn't have motion on it. It's rather titlilating the way it moved when I first down loaded it but won't bounce move on this site.

Thanks,

Wally

We've been retired 5,689 days (!)  :D (we keep records on 'everything!')

Through thick and thin, and in both up markets and down. It's been a valuable education, sometimes a challenge and loads of fun.

We both turn 54 next month.

Best,
Akaisha
Author, The Adventurer's Guide to Early Retirement

Yep. I retired March 3, 2006. I have to confess that I have "consulted" for a total of 40 hours since then, but only because I wanted to help a couple of friends out. I don't intend to make it a habit.

setab

I passed the 5 year mark a while back. 1850 days...darn that's a lot...it does go fast...I should have at least 11,000 left by my calculations...heh heh heh heh

The Countdown Plan is now in effect...

11 months 11 days and counting.

I'm about like Setab. I retired in January, 2005. I have done a couple of minor consulting gigs totalling about 60 hours since then. I remain associated wit an HR firm thru which I can take on 10-20 hour grievance fact-finding cases when and if I want, but I haven't done any this summer. Maybe a couple in the fall.

I am well on my way at 43 yo, with 3-5 years to go....hopefully...(fingers crossed)

I'm hoping that I have only 356 work Mondays left at most.

Back
Top Bottom