Who owns a muscle car? I DO!!!

While GM quit offering big-block engines in their cars once they downsized in the late 70's, a big-block will fit under the hood of something like an 80's Monte Carlo SS. I'm not sure how much work it would take to make it fit, but I have seen it done!

IIRC, Pontiac never offered a "true" big-block...they just had their basic 389 "medium" block that could be stroked, bored, have the deck raised, etc, but a 326, 350, 389, 400, 421, 428, and 455 are all the same basic block. So are the later 301 and 265 V-8, although those engines were lightened considerably on the inside, and just weren't very sturdy.

Dude, if you can shoehorn a BB into an Anglia, you can get it into anything... :D

Two words - Smoke wrench!

Now that I think of it, I have seen PT Cruisers with 426 Hemis under the hood. And a few years ago, at the Mopar show in Carlisle, PA, someone forced a big block 440 into a little 70's Dodge Colt hardtop!

See!?!?! Now you're getting there. Of course, don't ask me to do the fab work.

Starry Night said:
1971 Mercedes Benz 300 SEL, 6.3. That's a SIX-POINT-THREE liter engine. Rips off from a standing start like you can't believe!! Rumbles like thunder. It's a thing of beauty and a joy to drive.

Alas, we are actually now considering selling it, as it does love expensive fuel and is quite complicated to maintain.
No kidding. I had a '73 SEL that I picked up cheap to fiddle with. When I got busy at work I took it to a little german car repair shop in the SF south bay to do the brakes and while it was in there, I asked the guy to replace the little slide switch for the heater control as the knob had broken off. I had the part in the trunk. He said NO. Too much work to take the dashboard apart and almost impossible to get them back together without breaking them.

Nice when a pro wont take any reasonable amount of money to fix something on a car... :p

But yep...it hauled ass.

Any comments on Chrysler's Crossfire??

Number 2 Son seems to have his heart set on it:confused:

brewer12345 said:
Sounds like a Forrester XT or similar would fit you better...

trucks, yikes, if i wanted a truck i would have been born str8 and had 3.2 kids. i'd rather the convertible with james bond theme music playing, then i pick up my 10-year old nephew for lunch and hear him say "you're so much cooler than my dad."

here's the last ride (notice the matching muscle bicycle):

Attachments

• File0018.jpg
    File0018.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 45
I like about the first 2/3rds of the Crossfire. It looks like a low-slung, slicked-back, sporty version of a 1979 Newport I had. However, it looks like they took that first 2/3rds and mated it to an old AMC Marlin or something.

Maximillion said:
Any comments on Chrysler's Crossfire??

Number 2 Son seems to have his heart set on it:confused:

I really like the way it looks.  Slightly used examples seem to be very attractively priced.  I keep looking at them.

Back
Top Bottom