Who says i'm too old for lasers???

Grumper

Confused about dryer sheets
Being a star wars fan for years, i always was into lasers. Now that i've got time on my hands to indulge in, i've finally decided to start a new hobby. Lasers.

Over 10 years ago, lasers were horribly expensive. Now they are affordable and easy to buy. All it takes is a bit of research on laser forums and chatting to the experts there. People are very friendly at laser forums and keen to give advice.

I ended up buying a laser pointer from www.dragonlasers.com They are definitely not toys so you need to take them seriously. You don't even have to be technically inclined to enjoy it.

These are some photos of another mature age laser enthusiast (not known to me) from laser forums

006-03.JPG

Herculesheldinhand.jpg

I'll take my own photos later.

If lasers are not your thing, no problem. There are a whole host of other high tech gadgets that make delightful past times.

My new 22 hand gun came with a laser - cool but doesn't help with the accuracy much at short distances. As a matter of fact I more accurate without the laser. I did take it outside at night and was amazed how far away you could see the red dot. No - I didn't shoot the gun.

I think it was $50 extra.

Whats that old joke? You dont need gun control...just make bullets cost $5000 each? That'd cut way down on frivolous shootings... "Man...I'd kill you right now...but I cant afford another bullet..."

My new cordless 20 volt lithium ion circular saw has a bunch of laser sights on it. Lots of fun.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Whats that old joke? You dont need gun control...just make bullets cost $5000 each? That'd cut way down on frivolous shootings... "Man...I'd kill you right now...but I cant afford another bullet..."

My new cordless 20 volt lithium ion circular saw has a bunch of laser sights on it. Lots of fun.

Gun control is a good aim, a steady hand, and a gentle squeeze! :D

My miter saw has a a pretty red laser that works great in the shade or the dark, but is totally unseen in bright light.

I remember using an old magnifying glass to torture ants when I was a kid. Would the lasers be the new hi-tech version?? ::)

Grumper said:
These are some photos of another mature age laser enthusiast (not known to me) from laser forums

006-03.JPG

I love the photoshopped line between the laser and it's target. Very Star Warish! Or should that be Star Trekkish?

Modded to add: Looks like I was wrong, they have teeny tiny handhelds that have visible beams. Man, I can phase Klingons and Romulans now!

I'm told the following sign is posted out at Lawrence Livermore Lab:

"Do not look into laser with remaining eye."

Back
Top Bottom