Who would you most want to meet from this board?

I have met quite a few members and sometimes spouses. Always very interesting and attractive people. I would come to any downtown Seattle meetings, but I don't know that any are planned, or that enough members live close enough.

Ha

I've met three members who were local a few times and thoroughly enjoyed each encounter.

I've also communicated via PM and email with a couple of other members on health, home and hobby stuff since I have been here.

We actually do meet some folks in person for our SW FLA get together. It is a great experience.

+1

It's awesome! I love seeing people I've only imagined on paper come to life. And I also love meeting people I haven't caught on here yet (I don't browse as much as I used to).

I’ve met a number of folks from this site both in a group setting and 1 on 1, and all meetings have been very positive experiences. My wife and I even met up with one member who was on Vancouver Island on vacation from the US at the same time as we were there.

Meeting you and your wife was my first experience, and most memorable! It was very special to me. Hope to meet up again someday! :greetings10:

I met a handful of people from this board and I always enjoyed those get-togethers (and that says a lot coming from this INTJ). I had a memorable lunch with a member of this forum who sadly passed away a couple of years later but I still remember the very pertinent advice he gave me.

Are you able to share this advice or would it be inappropriate?

Meeting you and your wife was my first experience, and most memorable! It was very special to me. Hope to meet up again someday! :greetings10:

It was indeed very special and was also my first one on one meeting with an er.org member. As you know, my wife also very much enjoyed meeting you and there is always a room ready for you should you ever make it over to James Herriot's county.

Back in the days of Compuserve (remember Compuserve?), it was the early days of the public internet and email from strangers seemed a bit disembodied.

I was having some technical problem with Cserve and spent two days going back and forth via email with "Brian" one of their techs.

Finally he called me on the phone. I remember being sort of shocked/surprised/fascinated that Brian was actually a real live person. I don't know what I was expecting or thought but I just remember hearing his voice and commenting that 'hey, you're a real person'.

As I write this I wonder if sometimes even today we forget that there are real live people at the other end of our comments --not so much here but nut-houses like Twitter--if we did we might modify how we say things.

Last edited:
I dare say DW and I would like to meet redduck and travelover. Their wit shines through on this site.

I think I’d also really enjoy meeting TromboneAl. And many others.

(I had to pause a long time before clicking the Post button, seems I’m a bit uncomfortable about picking favorites.)

I would very much like to meet Alan and his wife to see if we could make the grade to have a room waiting! LOL

Last edited:
I've met two people from this board that I know of.

I suspect there might be a third who heard me talk about this board and later joined. He's at least a lurker but might post occasionally.

The first one, I would have met anyway, since we have a common friend and she often comes to his events. None of the three of us even live in the same city, so quite a weird coincidence.

The second one, I knew he was on the same voyage (since I booked on his recommendation). Since I didn't know what he looked like it took a while, but we did end-up identifying each other.

I'm not going to pick specific members that I'd like to meet because I'm no where near smart enough to know who'd be 'best'; sometimes the most different people are the most interesting. I'm sure I'd find lots of good things to appreciate in any member from this group that I happened to get a chance to know.

I've always enjoyed nemo2 and the stories of his adventures. However at my advanced age of 61 I'm not sure if I could keep up with him. [emoji16]

I think many of the posters here would be fun to meet. I'd bet I would be surprised as to who might be the most compatible to me. It might turn out to not necessarily be the most funny or most insightful forum member.

Now stating names here is sure to make someone feel left out so I'd like to meet all of you !

Maybe someday in the future we can arrange a holographic meeting area. :greetings10:

1. I’d like to meet an ex-member that was banished, twice I think. Blue Collar Guy.

2. Boho!!

I’ve met people from this board and found them to be interesting and nice people. I really don’t have a list of ‘want to meet’ er.org members. Not to say that I don’t enjoy reading about people’s lives. I find several board members interesting because I yearn for their lifestyles. Places they live, things they do. Like living on a sailboat, in remote mountain and desert areas, traveling the world, or going out for lunch every day. I enjoy the stories of their lives.

Wr2, we just spent 3 days in your town and had a great time but the weather is brutal. I got overheated twice yesterday.

I met REWahoo and Nords (who took me surfing :) - that was over ten or so years ago. I remember REWahoo and his wife telling me and my then husband we were well on our way and not to worry....didn't believe him....do now :)

I added some material to Nords book on the Reserve perspective and we've 'chatted' via email every now and then. He's since become quite famous and popular ;-)

Would love to meet many of you - you all have interesting perspectives and we are all on a similar journey with a similar mindset of time>money and LYBM and spend only on what you value....

Wr2, we just spent 3 days in your town and had a great time but the weather is brutal. I got overheated twice yesterday.

I love the weather here! :) Not many do, I know. That is one reason why I know I am well suited to living here.

Yesterday I wore my shorts, sandals, and a light t-shirt. To me it felt utterly delightful; high of 82, no rain, light breeze..... :D

I love the weather here! :) Not many do, I know. That is one reason why I know I am well suited to living here.

Yesterday I wore my shorts, sandals, and a light t-shirt. To me it felt utterly delightful; high of 82, no rain, light breeze..... :D

Are you taking in any of the 100s of Mardi Gras parades, W2R? We're going to the Mystic Mutts parade today to see all the doggies. Gonna be 80 degrees here (near Mobile).

+1 except in slightly warmer FLA.
One has to like the heat or be a snowbird.:D

Are you taking in any of the 100s of Mardi Gras parades, W2R? We're going to the Mystic Mutts parade today to see all the doggies. Gonna be 80 degrees here (near Mobile).

We live on a major New Orleans parade route.... so, yeah! :D Having fun, enjoying the music from the marching bands. We're right in the middle of it, so it's not so much going TO the parades, as going from them to other parts of town. We do that every day (to go get lunch, or run errands, or whatever) but it isn't easy to get out of here. :LOL:

REWahoo, that guy is cool! I'd like to meet any of the awesome mods who foster this amazing place!

Maybe we should start the annual FIRE Bash!?!?

Senator & anyone else earning double-digit cap rates via direct real estate investing.

I love the weather there/here too- I grew up about 50 miles from W2R and moved east, but not north, as I am fond of this weather. Got a sunburn yesterday actually.

I have read so many intelligent and interesting comments- I love to talk to people with interesting points of view. I suspect after I retire (a year) I'll reach out to the few members I know have summer places near me (Orange Beach, GS) and see if they want to meet up for a burger or beer. I'll probably go to the Florida meet up too.

I'd particularly like to meet Nemo2- will buy he and his wife dinner to talk about travel and books if he ever makes it to this area, or I ever find myself up there.

Back
Top Bottom