Who would you most want to meet from this board?

COcheesehead

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I would love to sit across from a few folks on here.
Who would you most like to meet and why?

There are a number of interesting posters on this board, some very different than others. I could make a list.

Eva Haberman

:LOL:

I don't know about Eva (here's her photo, and yes she is pretty amazing!), but as for me... I have never met (and never plan to meet) anyone from the forum. I love you all, but just don't meet people from the internet. :flowers:

Attachments

• EvaHabberman120x120.jpg
    EvaHabberman120x120.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 552
Same here.

But you did meet someone over the Internet, and eventually moved to be next door to him. ;)

Same here.

But you did meet someone over the Internet, and eventually moved to be next door to him. ;)

Well, that was an internet dating website, just for that purpose - - not a financial/retirement website... :D

And also that was 19 years ago!

I would love to meet people in real life

We actually do meet some folks in person for our SW FLA get together. It is a great experience.

I’ve met a number of folks from this site both in a group setting and 1 on 1, and all meetings have been very positive experiences. My wife and I even met up with one member who was on Vancouver Island on vacation from the US at the same time as we were there.

If you ever met me in my home I would still be in my pajamas. If outside it would my usual attire of flip flops, shorts and a T shirt.

I've met four of you during my travels, and thoroughly enjoyed each encounter.

TW, because they would need to live where I do.

Also, I live way on the other side of the Misty Mountains

I would say RobbieB, but I'm afraid I'd have to wait in line.

One of the fun things about Bogleheads is going to the annual reunion and meeting some of the people that you interact with online and who share common interests.

Last edited:
As I don't like to travel, I wouldn't mind meeting some of the local folks from NYC and LI, near where I live (LI).

I've met two different posters and their families and I'm so glad I did. I hope to meet up again some day. :greetings10:

It would be fun to meet a number of people from this board, sans name tags, then try to match each person to their screen name.

I have thought long and hard; I have put the question under scrutiny and analysis; I have submitted the possibilities to my worry beads.

Hands down, without a doubt - Gumby

I met a handful of people from this board and I always enjoyed those get-togethers (and that says a lot coming from this INTJ). I had a memorable lunch with a member of this forum who sadly passed away a couple of years later but I still remember the very pertinent advice he gave me.

I have a good friend in Rome I met through a photo email group years ago. I would think people here are of the same good stuff he is.

Trying to see if I can make it to one of the SW Fla get togethers. Not likely I can make it this year, but hopefully one is in my future.

Back
Top Bottom