Why are we so obsessed with Iran a third world country?

why are we so obesessed with Iran a 3rd world country?

Didn't recent Bible theologians say tha the "Antichrist" was alive, and living in the Middle East??

Some may say that he may be residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.>:D

To be fair, the University president didn't say he was a dictator. He said he exhibits "all the signs of a petty and cruel dictator."

Remember Dick Cavett and Lester Maddox?
And this went on for a bit, and then I finally said -- all right. If I've called anyone a bigot who isn't a bigot, I apologize. Well, Lester saw through this and pulled out or -and exited.

I remember that show at the time. And Dick and Janis were a funny pair too.

-ERD50

Why are we obsessed with Iran? Supply lines, oil, wanting to control nuclear proliferation even if the target in question claims no auspices towards being a nuclear power. Remember, it's easier to beat 'em before they can hit you back with an atomic left hook. 3k dead GI's is a horrible tragedy; 30k dead GI's from a nuclear explosion would be damn near unforgivable.

I was looking at a map the other day. We're in Iraq, we're in Afghanistan; an Iranian move would almost help solidify our front. I wonder how us beefing up Africom affects all of this longer-term, though. When do friendly nations like Saudi Arabia and Egypt start feeling surrounded.

Why are we obsessed with Iran? Supply lines, oil, wanting to control nuclear proliferation even if the target in question claims no auspices towards being a nuclear power. Remember, it's easier to beat 'em before they can hit you back with an atomic left hook. 3k dead GI's is a horrible tragedy; 30k dead GI's from a nuclear explosion would be damn near unforgivable.

I was looking at a map the other day. We're in Iraq, we're in Afghanistan; an Iranian move would almost help solidify our front. I wonder how us beefing up Africom affects all of this longer-term, though. When do friendly nations like Saudi Arabia and Egypt start feeling surrounded.

Just how do you suppose we americans do an " Iranian Move" Without a draft?? I just love all you hawks. Dude ya want us to be in Iraq Afganistan and Iran, not gonna happen. Nukes? Yep the entire world will have them at some point and yep some dumb HUMAN will use one or more on some poor unlucky humans and poof. The human race will destroy itself. At least the dinosaurs didn't know what hit em!!!We humans are to darn stupid to live peacefully with each other.

>Just how do you suppose we americans do an " Iranian Move" Without a draft?? I just love all you hawks.

I imagine we would have a draft. And, who are you calling a hawk?

>Just how do you suppose we americans do an " Iranian Move" Without a draft?? I just love all you hawks.

I imagine we would have a draft. And, who are you calling a hawk?

My bad, still sleepy. Just reading another blog about Oil above 80 a barrel and the guy saying how about rebuilding the railroads and putting the american auto industry working on rolling stock, and then having trains run from say cleveland to columbus or La to San Fran then we would get the airports cleared out save a bunch of oil and let the airlines do what they do best long hauls.

Crazy we americans need to learn how to live differently, easier than keeping the army fighting in god awful places to keep the oil flowing, oil that is disappearing . Peak Oil is here or very close by.

What is the slur "hawk" supposed to connote?

Being obsessed is an American obsession. We want a confrontation with Iran to escalate to war and give us some reason to take out the Iran mullah's Guard. They are the world's most fanatical military and soon to have nukes. It will be interesting to see how my candidate, Hillary, deals with this. A good test for her since the nukes will probably be available during her 6-7th year in office.

My bad, still sleepy. Just reading another blog about Oil above 80 a barrel and the guy saying how about rebuilding the railroads and putting the american auto industry working on rolling stock, and then having trains run from say cleveland to columbus or La to San Fran then we would get the airports cleared out save a bunch of oil and let the airlines do what they do best long hauls.

Crazy we americans need to learn how to live differently, easier than keeping the army fighting in god awful places to keep the oil flowing, oil that is disappearing . Peak Oil is here or very close by.

Well, where to start.

If you (generic, not singling you out specifically) live in a capitalistic society and assume that it's working (or, at least working well enough that you haven't wanted to leave), then you have to assume that things work best when there is incentive do to so. We don't have a bunch of cars that get 50 mpg on the road because there is no demand for them. You're only going to get there if you mandate it or if you make oil so expensive (naturally as we pass Peak Oil) that there is a greater market for a 1.8 liter diesel three seater than there is for a 5.7 liter gas SUV.

The last time we had any sort of remarkable jump in mpg savings was when we had a presidential mandate to do so. Both parties have chosen to ignore the issue since then.

So, we need to incent the public to respond and it needs to come from either a real emergency or punitive regulation. Humans are very creative and WWII showed how we can respond when we have a crisis, but there's no incentive yet... even if peak oil is a reality.

On the rail front. It's an interesting idea. But, again, you're really going to have to push hard to get people to want to change. Look at it this way, I can spend $50 and 8 hours to take a train to Chicago. Or, I can spend $40 and 2 hours for the flight. That's a big hurdle to overcome to make trains appealing.

On the flip side of the argument, if one believes that peak oil is right around the corner and, further, that future wars will be over resources, then why not go after it all now. Sure, it's brutal now, but better to have the fight now when there's one ill-equipped enemy than later when you have a lot more unknowns.

Well, where to start.

If you (generic, not singling you out specifically) live in a capitalistic society and assume that it's working (or, at least working well enough that you haven't wanted to leave), then you have to assume that things work best when there is incentive do to so. We don't have a bunch of cars that get 50 mpg on the road because there is no demand for them. You're only going to get there if you mandate it or if you make oil so expensive (naturally as we pass Peak Oil) that there is a greater market for a 1.8 liter diesel three seater than there is for a 5.7 liter gas SUV.

The last time we had any sort of remarkable jump in mpg savings was when we had a presidential mandate to do so. Both parties have chosen to ignore the issue since then.

So, we need to incent the public to respond and it needs to come from either a real emergency or punitive regulation. Humans are very creative and WWII showed how we can respond when we have a crisis, but there's no incentive yet... even if peak oil is a reality.

On the rail front. It's an interesting idea. But, again, you're really going to have to push hard to get people to want to change. Look at it this way, I can spend $50 and 8 hours to take a train to Chicago. Or, I can spend $40 and 2 hours for the flight. That's a big hurdle to overcome to make trains appealing.

On the flip side of the argument, if one believes that peak oil is right around the corner and, further, that future wars will be over resources, then why not go after it all now. Sure, it's brutal now, but better to have the fight now when there's one ill-equipped enemy than later when you have a lot more unknowns.

Newguy is BooBoobear so its newguy writing this. So you say we should take the oil? The Iranian oil? Or attack them now because they are still without a nuke. Interesting thought.

Poltical mandate? After 9/11 this president COULD have had the american people sacrifice bigtime! If he said lets not be tied to middle eastern oil from the regimes that don't really like us, remember 15 of the 19 hijackers were saudis and said 1 or 2 dollar war tax on gasoline and then said yep sacrifice your suv for a better american life so we can be weaned from the middleastern oil fields well maybe it would have resonated better than hey GO SHOPPING!! The democrats are no better so don't paint me with that brush.High speed rail and REAL LEADERS! the american people have NONE!

Newguy is BooBoobear

Hey newguy/booboobear, etc etc.

HOW ABOUT POSTING UNDER ONE NAME?

What's the problem? This would be considered a violation of the terms of service of most forums I know of. I can't even find a TOS on this forum.

At any rate, it is just wrong. Pick a name. Stop using the other one. Delete the old one.

-ERD50

Hey newguy/booboobear, etc etc.

HOW ABOUT POSTING UNDER ONE NAME?

What's the problem?

Gym teacher from New Jersey living in North Carolina. Split personality. Try to show some understanding and compassion.

I don't mind talking to myself. I don't even mind arguing with myself. But when I start to lose the arguments, that's when I get concerned.

Gym teacher from New Jersey living in North Carolina. Split personality. Try to show some understanding and compassion.

Understanding and compassion!!?? - that's for those liberals ;) ;) ;)

-ERD50

Ya got that right!

I would change the booboobear but cannot seem to find my passwords on the new laptop. I need not post when I am on that computer.

Geesh.

Ya got that right!

I would change the booboobear but cannot seem to find my passwords on the new laptop. I need not post when I am on that computer.

Geesh.

Geez newbooboobearguy, you rant and rant and rant about how all these complex problems in the world are not getting fixed to your satisfaction, certain political leaders are imbeciles, and on and on and on and on....

but you can't seem to manage a simple account and password profile? Sorry, does not do much for your credibility to comment on complex issues.

(yes, I guess I'm feeling surly today, but I've suffered through enough of this bear/guys proclamations....).

-ERD50

Geez newbooboobearguy, you rant and rant and rant about how all these complex problems in the world are not getting fixed to your satisfaction, certain political leaders are imbeciles, and on and on and on and on....

but you can't seem to manage a simple account and password profile? Sorry, does not do much for your credibility to comment on complex issues.

(yes, I guess I'm feeling surly today, but I've suffered through enough of this bear/guys proclamations....).

-ERD50

Sounds like you need an "ignore thread" feature too.

I don't get why Sgeeeeee got banned but boobooguy doesn't.

Sounds like you need an "ignore thread" feature too.

I don't get why Sgeeeeee got banned but boobooguy doesn't.

Maybe because I have never done a darn thing to get banned. I am starting to see why the internet forum is such a waste of time. In addition I look at these idiotic posts about the two names the name calling that is thrown about uh are you people still in middle school.?

If you don't like things I post ignore me.

Why are we so obesessed with Iran a 3rd world country?

Maybe because I have never done a darn thing to get banned. I am starting to see why the internet forum is such a waste of time. In addition I look at these idiotic posts about the two names the name calling that is thrown about uh are you people still in middle school.?

If you don't like things I post ignore me.

I agree with you if they do not like the things you post then they can ignore them or choose not to READ THEM.

This is how I answered them on the thread "Realpolitik - About Bush" (awhile back)

First of all I will not get into a word game with you or anyone else in these forums. We are all FREE to express or project any views or opinions that we choose to and as such I will exercise my right to do so. If you do not like my posts or what I have to say then DO NOT READ THEM.

I do not remember anyone appointing you a subject matter expect on what is BS and what is not BS. Just like beauty, BS is in the eye of the beholder and as such one should not be casting stones when one may be in the outhouse.

----------------------------------------- --------------------------------- --------

Gosh, if some people thump their itty bitty PATRIOTIC heart any harder, it might defrib.

Rattle the sabers, FLY THE FLAGS HIGH, pa rum pa pom pom.

Ick.

I agree with you if they do not like the things you post then they can ignore them or choose not to READ THEM.

This is how I answered them on the thread "Realpolitik - About Bush" (awhile back)

First of all I will not get into a word game with you or anyone else in these forums. We are all FREE to express or project any views or opinions that we choose to and as such I will exercise my right to do so. If you do not like my posts or what I have to say then DO NOT READ THEM.

I do not remember anyone appointing you a subject matter expect on what is BS and what is not BS. Just like beauty, BS is in the eye of the beholder and as such one should not be casting stones when one may be in the outhouse.

----------------------------------------- --------------------------------- --------

What I am seeing on all internet forums is a lack of freedom of speech. The same gung ho america here wants you to do things there way or you get these idiotic reponses. Look in the mirror garbage again like I said Middle school behavior. Then you hear the forums are private you must adhere to the rules. look I will say it again I never have caused any of the posters any harm. Maybe it is best to stop wasting m time here.

I thought that retiring from teaching in inner city schools would mellow one out a bit...

What I am seeing on all internet forums is a lack of freedom of speech. The same gung ho america here wants you to do things there way or you get these idiotic reponses. Look in the mirror garbage again like I said Middle school behavior. Then you hear the forums are private you must adhere to the rules. look I will say it again I never have caused any of the posters any harm. Maybe it is best to stop wasting m time here.

To quote the movie Stripes, "lighten up Francis".

Back
Top Bottom