Why do people online think I'm a guy?

Hmmm... It may not be the PMs, but rather the attachments that could be really interesting. :cool: I am just theorizing about the existence of "interesting PMs" of course, never being a mod or running a forum myself.

Well, I have worked with computers for 37 years, and there is/are somebody/somebodies associated with these forums that can read PM's. Somebody has to debug things when they break.
Hopefully these somebodies are ethical. :)

I can assure you that these somebodies are not moderators.

I also started working with computers 37 years ago and the "all powerful" ones were "system managers" (VMS terminology) or had "root" privileges (Unix terminology).

I can assure you that these somebodies are not moderators.

I also started working with computers 37 years ago and the "all powerful" ones were "system managers" (VMS terminology) or had "root" privileges (Unix terminology).

I certainly did not intend to imply that the moderators here could read PM's. I doubt they have the level of access or knowledge or tools needed. But *private* is only a relative term. There are people that can read PM's. I doubt if anybody actually looks at PM's unless there is a problem.

BTW, my background is IBM mainframe, all virtual storage operating systems (and yes, virtual storage existed in 1973, for quite a while before that), VS1, SVS, MVS, OS/390. z/OS and for just a few months in transition, DOS/VSE. This may not mean much in the VMS world as the two worlds are quite different, and each has its place.

Come on now clifp. I find it hard to think a guy would do that if you did not post a glamour shot of "yourself" as enticement. And how would the guy find where you lived?

Naw, it was just my charming online persona, and perhaps my growing chip stack. He didn't know want to know where I lived, but Heather in his imagination well.

Just some suggestions, courtesy of MST3K, of names that will make it clear you're a dude:

The Many Names of Capt. John Anderson

from 12 to the Moon
  • Cliff Beefpile
  • Sledge Riprock
  • Tank Concrete
  • Bronc Drywall
  • Stump Hugelarge
  • Chunk Pylon
  • Chunk Manmusk
  • Ron Codpiece
  • Sledge Fisthammer
  • Clint Stompheader
  • Chuck Hardslab
  • Chunk Ironchest
Here's a brief clip from this classic:

YouTube - MST3K in 2 1/2 minutes - #524: 12 To the Moon

"Why do people online think I'm a guy?"

I don't know why they think you are gay; I'm not one to judge :whistle: ...

(Sorry, that's how I read the original subject line, very quickly)...

Feel free to yell at me...

Where's lazygoodfornothingbum when you need him?

"Why do people online think I'm a guy?"

I don't know why they think you are gay; I'm not one to judge :whistle: ...

(Sorry, that's how I read the original subject line, very quickly)...

Feel free to yell at me...

Same as I... and <sheelpish grin> several times since.

Maybe people online also think I'm gay. But nobody has said so.

Nope, not me. I read "guy" every time. Must be something wrong with previous posters. :)

Back
Top Bottom