Join Early Retirement Today

Words of Wisdom
Old 02-25-2006, 07:29 AM   #1

Words of Wisdom

This is supposedly Robin Williams' plan...I find it hard to argue with this logic.

"I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one plan."

1) "The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those "good 'ole' boys", we will never "interfere" again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea, the Middle East, and the Philippines. They don't
want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave.We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they are. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't
hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include
developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for
a while.

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8. If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is
ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE...Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses."
She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'you want a piece of me?' "

Comments anyone?
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Words of Wisdom
Old 02-25-2006, 07:36 AM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

mike-1, I once received a memo from my US Head Office dictating that in future all communication must be in American English.

Colour became color, Gaol became Jail, and" I agree" became" Uh Huh."
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 07:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillion
mike-1, I once received a memo from my US Head Office dictating that in future all communication must be in American English.

I could never quite get used to American spelling. Why they had to change a beautiful language I shall never know.

In this party of the country if I pay someone $50.00 I must write a cheque for 50,00 $. Decimals are outlawed and in this case replaced by commas. Dollar signs are tagged on the end.

However commas cannot be used to write fifty million.

For example it would be shown as 50 000 000. Spaces replace commas. This is la version francaise which has been followed in Quebec.

How insane!

Old 02-25-2006, 09:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillion

I chose to succumb only to that nonsense in my US headquartered company when it was a presentation to management in which I wanted or needed something. I have simply refused to hack the English language up US style in the rest of my communications, email included. I do have a tendency to use both sometimes though, so I am not consistent myself.

Have to say though that Canadians have adopted over time many of the US spellings over that of the Brits, e.g. we use aluminum rather than aluminium.
AltaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-1
I could never quite get used to American spelling. Why they had to change a beautiful language I shall never know.

In this party of the country if I pay someone $50.00 I must write a cheque for 50,00 $. Decimals are outlawed and in this case replaced by commas. Dollar signs are tagged on the end.

However commas cannot be used to write fifty million.

For example it would be shown as 50 000 000. Spaces replace commas. This is la version francaise which has been followed in Quebec.

How insane!

If we are truly blessed, someday Quebec will use euros instead and give us all a new lease on life.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaRed
If we are truly blessed, someday Quebec will use euros instead and give us all a new lease on life.
Actually if it ever comes to that my guess is I will using the Quebec peso or the Yankee dollar to buy my groceries.

I have to laugh but Quebec has little nothing in common with their French cousins and nothing whatever in common with the rest of Europe for that matter.

:
Old 02-25-2006, 02:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-1
Actually if it ever comes to that my guess is I will using the Quebec peso or the Yankee dollar to buy my groceries.

I have to laugh but Quebec has little nothing in common with their French cousins and nothing whatever in common with the rest of Europe for that matter.

:
You missed the point. There will only be 2 major world currencies... US$ and Euro. Has nothing to do with Europe itself.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaRed
You missed the point. There will only be 2 major world currencies... US$ and Euro. Has nothing to do with Europe itself.
AltaRed .. many moons ago when Quebec first considered flirting with the prospect of separation, circa 1968, many academics figured Quebec would have its own currency. Now if that didn't work then they figured we would use the Canadian dollar. But if Canada were to say NO someone pointed out that tiny far off Liberia uses the Yankee dollar, so QC would be OKay using the CDN dollar.

But if worse came to worse than it would use the American dollar.

As for the Euro well I don't see that ever happening although I agree the Yankee dollar and the Euro are indeed the only major global currencies.