Worldcup – HD – ESPN – looking for viewing options.

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
World cup 6 weeks away. US coverage will be ESPN and ABC. My comcast subscription is “diigital economy” so the only HD I get is from the networks. Which means no HD for ESPN transmitted games – which covers 2/3 of all games including quarter and semi finals. Unacceptable. In order to see ESPN HD I’m gonna have to subscribe to a different comcast package and rent a STB. Anybody know of another option?

That is one reason I went with Dish all HD... but in reality I get the SD channels as well...

Can you just upgrade to HD for $5 or $10 per month and then go back down afterwards:confused:

Local bar?
The contest lasts a month – a long time to hang out in a bar. First match of the day is 7:30am IIRC – a bit early. Second around noon. By dinnertime I'd be trashed.:LOL:

That is one reason I went with Dish all HD... but in reality I get the SD channels as well... Can you just upgrade to HD for $5 or $10 per month and then go back down afterwards
Yeah. It’s more like $25-30 for one month. It’s not the money, it’s the hassle. Order the upgrade, drive over to comcast, wait in line for an hour, get the crappiest and dirtiest STB they have, go back home, set it up, take all kinds of crap from DW (another ugly box:mad:)...you get it. There’s gotta be an easier way...

The contest lasts a month – a long time to hang out in a bar. First match of the day is 7:30am IIRC – a bit early. Second around noon. By dinnertime I'd be trashed.:LOL:

Yeah. It’s more like $25-30 for one month. It’s not the money, it’s the hassle. Order the upgrade, drive over to comcast, wait in line for an hour, get the crappiest and dirtiest STB they have, go back home, set it up, take all kinds of crap from DW (another ugly box:mad:)...you get it. There’s gotta be an easier way...

Stream online:confused:

Back
Top Bottom