Would You Take Your Old Job Back?

If I wasn't eldercaring? H*ll, yes!!! Absolutely I'd set a business up and start it all over again. Different strokes.

Bet you all can guess my answer:

NO!!! I would not take my job back. :LOL::ROFLMAO::D

Well, it's a question I don't have to answer since my former j*b was eliminated, along with the company's local operations over the last year (I retired close to three years ago).

However, if asked the question, I would simply reply "I'll flip a coin - if it stays in the air, I'll resume my previous duties :rolleyes: "..

Guess that answers your question.

Now? No, of course not.

But yeah, if I was 22 I'd do it again. That was a wild ride. I just feel lucky to have survived the experience.

Sure. For $1M/yr, I would do it.

Actually, I would do it for a little less than that (as I am still doing similar work part-time), but it doesn't hurt to ask. Right?

No way...No how....Huh-uh....Nope....Not in a zillion bazillion quadrillion years!!!

Besides....I ain't got time!!! :)

The main reason I left my job was because of the terrible commute. A secondary reason I left was because I had become ineligible for the group health plan after I had reduced my weekly hours from 20 to 12 in 2007. In my exit interview, I told the HR assistant that for me to even consider staying with the company, I would have to not only get the old telecommute deal I had from 2001-2003 with fewer overall weekly hours (12 max with 1 trip max per month to NJ) but I would also need group health eligibility, even if I paid for more than 50% of the premiums.

They were both non-starters, of course. (big surprise) So that leaves me retired. :)

I generally did a different job every couple of years. I can think of two I'd take back in a second, one if the pay was right and three I wouldn't. Of course, the company culture has change and most people think not for the better.

Sure, now that I've had 3.5 yrs of "rest" I'd go back for another stint of a year or two. My final 3 yrs of employment, I was on a "special assignment" doing some interesting international travel and training. After many years of "meeting the numbers" every month in a manufacturing environment, it was actually fun heading out to SA, Europe and Asia to help those folks be successful.

The end came just in time as DW and I both felt my time away from home should come to an end. But now..... having not even thought about flying anywhere since I RE'd, I'd put on the gloves for another round or two.

But return to my long time assignment working in the factory in suburban Chicago? Nah. That had gotten old after many years and doesn't call out to me at all.

Edit: BTW, DW would disagree with this 100%. Hanging around here while I'm off globe-trotting and brain dumping on captive audiences wouldn't be fun for her. So, I'll keep my hypothetical thoughts ref returning to that gig to myself! :LOL:

If I needed the money, I would take (just about) any job including my old job rather than put my family through a downward adjustment in lifestyle or put my longer term financial security and quality of life in retirement at risk.

I might draw the line at working for the TSA though.....:whistle:

What I was doing when I left not a chance. The computer stuff for a few years before that was fun while I was learning it but it got old quickly so no to it. My first job after college was technically challenging, we mostly arranged our own w@rk schedule, was part of a group of bright twenty something guys who were on the road three days a week in fast cars with grateful clients.The office support staff was a cluster of young lovelies who outnumbered us two or three to one. Twenty again even thirty I would do it again. It even counted toward pension.

Retirement is Good!!

I wouldn't take any job so the direct answer is no. But like Walt34, if the question was, "if you had it to do over..." the answer is more difficult. I liked my career for the most part and it was better than 90% of the alternative work universes I could probably have toiled in. On the other hand, the idea of trying something completely different is appealing.

Now? No, of course not.

But yeah, if I was 22 I'd do it again. That was a wild ride. I just feel lucky to have survived the experience.
Absolutely agree. I loved hunting people, they're the most challenging and dangerous game ever created.

But I don't fancy riding the night shift again, at age 50, flipping a coin in the parking lot to see who drives and who rides. Or, as we called it, whose writing and whose fighting.

And to take the last assignment, or the choice of assignments that I was offered? No, no and hell no.

I left MegaMotors nearly 3 years ago. It was hell then. I can't imagine what it is like now that all the experienced people have been pushed out and everyone is doing 3 people's jobs. Wow, talk about stress...........:nonono:

No, no, no. I've been retired a little over 3 years; in fact, I don't know how I ever fit work into my schedule!!

Yes, I would. In fact, I'm considering returning as a consultant. Show me the $$.

Never, ever. To tell the truth I wasn´t suited to it in the first place. But I was appointed to it for lack of a better candidate....

Back
Top Bottom