Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: Would you Trade Places with Prince William/Kate Middleton
Yes, I would trade places. 18 19.78%
No, I would not want to trade places. 73 80.22%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

No. Prince Harry maybe. Johnny Depp more likely.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #42
Give me a forum ...

Being Royal sounds suspiciously like WORK!

Nope. wouldn't be prudent.

Bib overalls and retired.

heh heh heh -
unclemick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:29 PM   #43
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg52 View Post
Who says I don't have sex with a Kate Middleton look alike every night?

That doesn't look at all like Kate Middleton. Is that what he told you?
Old 04-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #44
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post

T-Al, you and REWahoo and Alan could all make a good living as a traveling comedy troupe!
WhoDaresWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #45
Recycles dryer sheets

With all the attention, if I were in Kate's shoes, I'd be running! Looks like the Brits have already thought of that...

Revealed: Secret security plan should Kate leave Wills at the altar ? The Register
figner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
She looks better when you're royally pissed...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:58 AM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Turned on the telly this morning in time to see some of the procession from the abbey to the palace (ho hum, just another drive in a horse-drawn carriage!). Wow, all the high stepping horses, the traditions in the uniforms from the livery to the beefeaters lining the route to the prince's Irish guard red. Pomp and circumstance everywhere--protocol must abound in who is doing what, and I'll be looking up why some horses are black and some are white! A happy event being watched around the world. Go for it, young lovers!

Next we'll catch the countdown to the space shuttle launch this afternoon.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:10 AM   #48
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
Pomp and circumstance everywhere--protocol must abound in who is doing what, and I'll be looking up why some horses are black and some are white!
You can always visit the wedding forum here:
Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding - The Royal Forums
Old 04-29-2011, 07:27 AM   #49
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
Turned on the telly this morning in time to see some of the procession from the abbey to the palace (ho hum, just another drive in a horse-drawn carriage!). Wow, all the high stepping horses, the traditions in the uniforms from the livery to the beefeaters lining the route to the prince's Irish guard red. Pomp and circumstance everywhere--protocol must abound in who is doing what, and I'll be looking up why some horses are black and some are white! A happy event being watched around the world. Go for it, young lovers!

Next we'll catch the countdown to the space shuttle launch this afternoon.
I'd bet there was a lot of Beefeaters lining the route...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BEEFEATER GIN.jpg (61.1 KB, 1 views)

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:48 AM   #50
gone traveling

Nah - I wish to change roles with Kate

Little Peggy March - I Wish I Were A Princess Lyrics
rescueme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:15 AM   #51

I'd trade places with any 29 year old who doesn't have to w*rk. Flying helicopters isn't work is it? I'm sure the "sex with Kate" part wouldn't be, at least if I was really 29.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:51 PM   #52

Major Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #53

I loved Kate's dress! Very elegant and reminiscent of the one worn by Princess Grace Kelly (of Philadelphia...a born and bred PA girl).
I have gotten home from w*rk and am having my Pimm's and diet lemon lime soda over ice while I soak in the recap commentary of the day. Okay, okay...I have a boring life!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:48 PM   #54
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDaresWins View Post
I loved Kate's dress! Very elegant and reminiscent of the one worn by Princess Grace Kelly (of Philadelphia...a born and bred PA girl).
I have gotten home from w*rk and am having my Pimm's and diet lemon lime soda over ice while I soak in the recap commentary of the day. Okay, okay...I have a boring life!

I absolutely never watch daytime TV and today I was just glued to it . I loved her dress & the tiara was perfect . I also loved all the hats even the crazy ones . The drive in the convertible was so cute . This was so much better than watching Charles & Diana ( hated the dress ) fumble into matrimony .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:06 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
I absolutely never watch daytime TV and today I was just glued to it . I loved her dress & the tiara was perfect . I also loved all the hats even the crazy ones . The drive in the convertible was so cute . This was so much better than watching Charles & Diana ( hated the dress ) fumble into matrimony .
They said the tiara (which I loved, too, for it's low profile and simplicity...very jeune fille) was a gift from King George VI to his daughter, the present Queen Elizabeth, on her 18th birthday.
I subconsciously knew Charles and Diana were doomed when back when they were first interviewed upon their engagement the interviewer asked "So are you in love?" and they both looked taken back. Diana responded, with eyes downcast, "Of course!" and Charles responded "Whatever love is"
In 1981 I scheduled my impacted wisdom teeth removal the same day as the Royal Wedding in order to have the day off from work. My poor husband arrived home from his work at the end of the day to find me with chipmunk cheeks strung out on Percosets and ice cream and jabbering about huge wedding gowns. What a memory!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #56
Gone but not forgotten

I finally had to explain to Gary that this wedding was like the ultimate signing day for football and then he got it and slowly backed away from the family room were I was switching channels to get the best coverage !
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:22 PM   #57
Give me a forum ...

I would agree to sleep with Kate, or her sister, or her mother. But only as a guest.

Come to think of it, has anyone seen her grandmother?

Ha
Old 04-29-2011, 10:20 PM   #58
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Kate looked stunning. The dress was perfect, very reminiscent of Grace Kelly's in 1957(?). Some fashion commentators have said it had "nothing new" but it would be hard to beat that dress for sheer elegance.

And then there were the cousins. Ewww!
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:50 PM   #59

I absolutely agree with the comments about Kate and her dress looking perfect - and the "what on earth were they thinking" qualities of Prince Andrew's daughters' hats. Victoria Beckham was a bit too glamorous - not really surprising, but still not quite appropriate in my estimation.

The Queen was perfect. She may not be the warm smiling personality that her Mum was, but she has been unswerving in her role for so long now and I suspect has a great deal of heart.
Major Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:49 AM   #60

I would not trade places with William. I tend to have a very private life, and being a public figure would entail many sacrifices. But Kate is stunning...
Very conservative with investments. Not ER'd yet, 48 years old. Please do not take anything I write or imply as legal, financial or medical advice directed to you. Contact your own financial advisor, healthcare provider, or attorney for financial, medical and legal advice.
obgyn65 is offline   Reply With Quote