Wow 3.19.6 a gallon of gasoline before Memorial Day!

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
4 bucks in western states already. Ya know, where is the american leadership? Both parties have failed the people miserably! No policy no ideas, and we the people continue to waste the stuff, ie there were 19 cars idling at a bojangles drive up window yesterday morning waiting to buy a biscut.

Oh well glad I do not have to drive much these days.

But it will affect everything sooner than we think, recession ??

Re: Wow 3.18.9 a gallon of gasoline before Memorial Day!

I paid $3.299 last week in Oh. That was $69.03 for a tank full. :eek:

I should be able to go till the middle of June before I fill up again. I've been averaging 28-32 days on one tank (21 gal).

Just think of the folks that burn a tank and a half a week.

True story.

I had a nightmare last night. I dreamt that my 1967 Mustang GT was stolen. I consoled myself with the realization that I could now justify buying a new 40 mpg Mini Cooper. I woke up and realized that the Mustang was sold in 1975 and I’d need to keep driving my Nissan. Gasoline is still $2.989 here.

Was in the 3.40's but has back off some now.

Leaders are to blame, system is to blame, but most of all we are to blame. Suggest a gas tax, and people are up in arms with pitch forks. Suggest higher gas mileage as a requirement and everyone screams that'll cost jobs. How many buy a hybrid instead of a SUV or hummer. Who goes through the Atlanta summer without the airconditioner on full blast.

If we want more energy, we have to develop it, or find new ways to make it and use it. Not very likely. Buy oil and gas companies.

Yesterday I paid $3.25 for mid-grade at the Chevron here in New Orleans. Whew! If I got gas more often than every six weeks, I'd be pretty unhappy. The lowest grade was $3.10, and I don't recall what premium was going for.

Seems that this year the Memorial Day weekend spike in gas prices happenened a little early.

tio z said:
Was in the 3.40's but has back off some now.

Leaders are to blame, system is to blame, but most of all we are to blame. Suggest a gas tax, and people are up in arms with pitch forks. Suggest higher gas mileage as a requirement and everyone screams that'll cost jobs. How many buy a hybrid instead of a SUV or hummer. Who goes through the Atlanta summer without the airconditioner on full blast.

If we want more energy, we have to develop it, or find new ways to make it and use it. Not very likely. Buy oil and gas companies.

I have to agree -
We want:
Big Cars/SUVs
Big engins
Convience
No oil refineries near us
No oil drilling near us
No limits on our life - how fast we drive; where we drive (center cities); where we park
Cheap energy
It isn't all our leader's fault - we haven't asked for energy independence.

Let's just leave the problem to the under 30s - I'll be watching from my rocking chair in 30 years when it all comes to a head.

I paid 2.99 a gallon yesterday in the MS delta. I saw corn planted as far as the eye could see as I traveled through the area. I wonder if some of it was for ethanol? :-\

My energy etf's OIH and IGE helps offset the pain at the pumps though. :)

Regular is going for $3.25 or so around here. Sure glad I'm not w*rking now..used to fill up every 4-5 days due to 90 mile r/t commute. Since RE in December, I've filled the tank only 5 times..yup, my driving habits have changed a lot!!

It just keeps on getting worse. Yesterday I filled my 3.5 gallon gas can to mow the lawn - ELEVEN BUCKS! Wasn't long ago it was four bucks. :-\

I paid $3.02 in Texas! Don't they pump that stuff out just down the road? This is getting serious.

$3.309 for regular and $3.509 for the stuff the old BMW station wagon/work truck drinks. Good to be getting better than 24.5mpg overall. Costco price in Salem Oregon.

It's starting to hurt! I almost broke $30 for a tank the other day! When I fill up again in a couple of weeks, I might have to pay $31 or 32 for a tank. Outrageous! ;)

REWahoo! said:
Here's a website showing a gas "temperature map" of average prices in each county of the US: http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx You can zoom in for more detail.

Interesting that the 'high cost of living' state of NJ has some of the lowest prices...

Interesting map. Minneapolis was at about $3.45 yesterday. I was glad to fill up with diesel at $2.84.

While DW was in wasting good gas diesel money in Mpls, I was driving around on her scooter getting about 100 mpg. So far it's working out very well as a second car and alternative weekend getaway machine. High prices? Bring 'em on. :D

$2.99 for regular in Houston this morning! I don't remember seeing this price in Houston ever.

And in "expensive to live - yet less expensive for gas" New Jersey, we don't even have to pump it into our cars :)

A trivial bennie for living here...(I grew up having to unlock the gas tank padlock and unscrewing the faucet to pump gas) Don't miss it - especially in inclement weather!

BUM said:
It just keeps on getting worse. Yesterday I filled my 3.5 gallon gas can to mow the lawn - ELEVEN BUCKS! Wasn't long ago it was four bucks. :-\
People may not be able to stop driving to work, but I'd immediately stop mowing the grass until gas prices returned to a sane level-- say about $1.50/gallon.

But we have a very small yard and spouse uses an electric mower...

Has anyone considered converting their car over to vegetable oil? I'm wondering how easy this is to do.
http://www.greasecar.com/

this woman gets her oil from local restaurants. A win win situation: they get free fuel, restaurants don't have to pay for disposal.
http://simplereduce.blogspot.com/

What a bunch of wusses! I paid $3.51 to fill up yesterday -- it's $3.68 at the station closes to our house.

P.S. said:
Has anyone considered converting their car over to vegetable oil?

Back in the 60's I had a Rambler American that converted to iron oxide...

TromboneAl said:
What a bunch of wusses! I paid $3.51 to fill up yesterday -- it's $3.68 at the station closes to our house.

Today I filled up on Premium at the Mobil station right around the corner from me at 3.89/gal I expect it to be over 4 by weeks end

REWahoo! said:
Back in the 60's I had a Rambler American that converted to iron oxide...

Best use...

Retail gas prices spike, but demand doesn't

At the retail level, the price for a gallon of regular gasoline stood at a fresh record of $3.196 on Monday, up from Sunday's $3.178 and 11.8% higher than a month ago, according to AAA's Daily Fuel Gauge Report. See the data.

The gasoline market saw "disappointing sales over the weekend," said John Person, president of NationalFutures.com. "Many motorists stayed in rather than fill up at the pumps," with the national price average apparently having a "profound effect on consumers."

Person's also anticipating "a surprise over the holiday weekend with demand on the decline," adding in e-mailed comments: "I also expect to see a big build in gasoline stocks as two refineries are up and running capacity should increase to 90.2% -- and we should see another build in crude inventories."

"These factors may take the bit out of prices in the next few weeks, unless a major event such as a hurricane causes a massive nationwide supply disruption, which would create a shortage of inventories at the pumps," he said.

So for now, "the fate of continued higher gasoline prices at the pumps will be dictated by the consumer," Person said.

This run up will break the economy this time. The first Hurricaine in the Gulf and IF there would be damage then you could see major shortages and prices that people could not pay. But the article is odd, demand is well DOWN but prices still rise.The car stayed home this weekend. Took the train not the car to charlotte. Were gonna go to wilmington this weekend and have decided to stay up here in Raleigh and do local things.

Lets see I will have saved over 800 miles of driving.

Oh can you imagine what gasoline lines would look like in 2007? I mean americans are well spoiled mean and loaded for bear!

newguy888 said:
Oh can you imagine what gasoline lines would look like in 2007? I mean americans are well spoiled mean and loaded for bear!

Is the sky going to fall in too? I guess that's why I never was able to be a liberal (even during my young and carefree days) I was just never negative enough.

Back
Top Bottom