Wow, Thats moving!

2:04:26, beating the old record of 2:04:55. Isn't it amazing how it comes down to seconds?

It takes me that much time to get out of bed in the morning!

It takes me that much time to get out of bed in the morning!

Got that right...

4:45 miles, all twenty-six of 'em...
042.gif

Gebrselassie and Tergat have been setting world records for years, first in the 10k and now in the marathon. Frequently trading them back and forth.

I was lucky enough to see him win the Olympic 10k in 2000. He out sprinted Tergat (pretty sure it was Tergat) in the final 100m and won by about a second.

It was a great race.

MB

To get an idea of how fast this is I suggest that everyone go to a track and try to do just ONE lap at a 1:12 pace.

To get an idea of how fast this is I suggest that everyone go to a track and try to do just ONE lap at a 1:12 pace.

72 second quarters, a whole lot of them with NO REST in between.

104 of them!!

Crazy.

I'm pretty sure I could do half a lap in 36 seconds. Two in a row would be tough.

2Cor521

Wouldn't it be AMAZING to be able to do something like that? :D

Amazing indeed! But of all athletic feats, the one that interests me least is just running on and on. How high you can jump, how fast you are over 100m, how hard you can throw a baseball or how far you can drive a golf ball, those are the feats that interest me.

Ha

Amazing indeed! But of all athletic feats, the one that interests me least is just running on and on. How high you can jump, how fast you are over 100m, how hard you can throw a baseball or how far you can drive a golf ball, those are the feats that interest me.

Ha
26.2 miles of it!!!

Its that distance with that 4:45 speed that really is wild!

Yep, not world-class, but that's a purdy dang fast mile. Now do it 25 more times... :p :dead:

i think i ran an 8 minute mile the last time i tried...this was untrained...and i never tried again...i actually dont think i've even caught my breath yet...

My wife and I helped with security for Grandma's Marathon (local marathon in Duluth). It was a horribly hot and humid day and the announcers were remarking that the weather was slowing the field way down. The winner clocked in at a little over 2:10. It was amazing feeling the wind as he ran by.

Oddly, though, I'm not sure if I was more impressed by the pros or the amateurs. Actually, I think I was most impressed by the pacers that ran with the amateurs. They carried balloons that had their predicted overall time written on them and almost all of them were within a minute or two. I can't imagine maintaining that sort of consistancy while driving, much less running 26.2 miles.

Back
Top Bottom