Yahoo hack

Anyone using Yahoo mail and checking your account activity? Learned how to do that on some thread here in Sept. 2016 when the Yahoo hack was being publicized. It shows what browser & OS were used as well as the location at various times.

I've been checking periodically since I changed the password a few months ago with nothing strange showing....................... until today, when it showed a
strange computer using Windows (which I don't use) in a location where I haven't been ............so I changed password again. A useful tool to check
periodically.

Since I changed the password a few days ago, account activity only shows the current log in info. This is not very useful since you need to see the history for this to be useful. Anyone know how to fix this?

Since I changed the password a few days ago, account activity only shows the current log in info. This is not very useful since you need to see the history for this to be useful. Anyone know how to fix this?

Click the wheel on the top right and select Account Info, on the left menu select Recent Activity. Under Recent Activity it should show your current browser and OS, click on it and it should show all the recent connections.

Click the wheel on the top right and select Account Info, on the left menu select Recent Activity. Under Recent Activity it should show your current browser and OS, click on it and it should show all the recent connections.

zinger, thanks! That did the trick. I was confused because that's different than how it used to be........it used to show the whole string of activity w/o me having to do that.

zinger, thanks! That did the trick. I was confused because that's different than how it used to be........it used to show the whole string of activity w/o me having to do that.

btw.....does your history have a bolded line on top saying unknown device.
It doesn't show browser or operating system or any time or location and it always stays on top even though I log in after I see it so it doesn't seem to correlate timewise to anything.

btw.....does your history have a bolded line on top saying unknown device.
It doesn't show browser or operating system or any time or location and it always stays on top even though I log in after I see it so it doesn't seem to correlate timewise to anything.

No, it shows Firefox/Windows then shows the sign in history for the last 30 days showing the city/state, date/time, and IP address of each sign in.

No, it shows Firefox/Windows then shows the sign in history for the last 30 days showing the city/state, date/time, and IP address of each sign in.

Thanks, zinger. I may not have described what I see very well. Take II:
very similar to what you describe except for the single line "Unknown Device"
at the top and the history of each log in below. I am wondering what that
"unknown device" means.

The first page shows Chrome/MacOSX . When I click on that as you taught me,
I see: (on the second page)

Unknown device

Sign in history for the last 30 days

City,state, country
Date/time
IP: address

City,state, country
Date/time
IP: address

and more history

This record of recent activity for Yahoo mail used to show city and state and browser. Now it does not show the city which I miss since the last time there was abnormal activity it was from a different city in the same state.
Yahoo says they are not responsible for the change and can't replicate it.

Curious what others are seeing when you check recent activity for Yahoo mail.

Back
Top Bottom