Yahoo Mail.......very small font

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
When I compose or reply to an e-mail, the font is very small/tiny. It never used to be like that. It also correlates with some changes that somebody apparently thinks is great....like hiding the old messages in a thread,etc.
so sometimes the flow is not comprehensible.

Does anybody know how to make the font bigger. E-mails and replies from others are ok. If it matters, this is a mac laptop running chrome......but same or smaller in Safari.

Last edited:
IF you have a PC:

On the upper right of your Yahoo! Mail page, look for the symbol shown below.

Placing your cursor over that symbol will bring up a drop down menu - click on 'settings'.

Clicking on 'writing emails' will allow you to select various font sizes.

Attachments

• settings.JPG
    settings.JPG
    8 KB · Views: 67
wanabe......thanks for your suggestion. I was too chicken to try it....made a google attempt to find something but couldn't based on my search terms.

REW.......thanks for your suggestion. Seems to work on Macs too!!!!
Went from medium to large........expect to get complaints about it being too large now but no middle ground. At least anyone can read it now. Even if
I had thought to open that page, I probably wouldn't have thought it applied so many many many thanks for your suggestion. Don't know why I cursed the darkness for so long w/o asking for help................

wanabe......thanks for your suggestion. I was too chicken to try it....made a google attempt to find something but couldn't based on my search terms.

REW.......thanks for your suggestion. Seems to work on Macs too!!!!
Went from medium to large........expect to get complaints about it being too large now but no middle ground. At least anyone can read it now. Even if
I had thought to open that page, I probably wouldn't have thought it applied so many many many thanks for your suggestion. Don't know why I cursed the darkness for so long w/o asking for help................

btw ctrl "-" will do opposite :facepalm:
you are welcome

You can also press control and use the scroll wheel up and down for finer control over font size.

Hiding old messages in a thread is "conversation" mode. You can turn it on or off in settings.

When I compose or reply to an e-mail, the font is very small/tiny. It never used to be like that. It also correlates with some changes that somebody apparently thinks is great....like hiding the old messages in a thread,etc.
so sometimes the flow is not comprehensible.
Off topic, but for at least the last two years Yahoo seems to be doing everything possible to destroy their Yahoo Groups--which is about the only reason left to go to Yahoo.
They should be thrilled that they have a bunch of loyal Yahoo Groups fans and people willing to write free content (on a klunky, 1980s-style "listserve"), but Yahoo has to do all they can to make it worse. Just put it back the way it was and sell ads!

Hiding old messages in a thread is "conversation" mode. You can turn it on or off in settings.

Another winner!!! Thanks........like it the old way....all strung out.....much much better.

Back
Top Bottom